I need some advice on Stone Island Shadow pant sizing. I'm 30 in Outlier, Levi's etc., but size 46 is sold out, will any other size still fit me?

Also, anyone know where to find SISP moleskin chino in navy size 46?

Guys! Our prayers have been answered (maybe).

These are apparently on kickstarter now: ODO, jeans with properties similar to Outliers, except that they actually look like jeans.

I mainly wear black or light wash denim though so I'll probably have to wait until they release some limited runs or something. Still, the technology behind this, utilizing silver fibers in the denim weave, looks really interesting. 

Edited by Endless

i'm not really at home in silver woven into fabrics, but i predict 969 disappointed backers after these, like all treated fabrics, nanosphere or otherwise, lose their repellency due to the inevitable fraying that all cotton must endure. 

Guys! Our prayers have been answered (maybe).

These are apparently on kickstarter now: ODO, jeans with properties similar to Outliers, except that they actually look like jeans.

I mainly wear black or light wash denim though so I'll probably have to wait until they release some limited runs or something. Still, the technology behind this, utilizing silver fibers in the denim weave, looks really interesting. 

I've been approached to test something quite similar... those ones look interesting too ...

Hey, thanks for the reply - I'm looking for something a little more understated than that, don't really like the aesthetic of the Mechanix ones with the writing all over them.

I was thinking something like Arc'teryx LEAF or Outdoor Research

What colour way did you go for? I liked the look of the white one, but I'm trying to get an ACR jacket instead!

What about some nice PIG GLOVE :)

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00KFOJN6S/ref=as_li_tl?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=390957&creativeASIN=B00KFOJN6S&linkCode=as2&tag=vaga-20&linkId=F4KO66HTGPGSCWFA

Edited by bento

Let's chat about soles for a bit.

Vans Vault x The North Face partnership brings forth the Desert Chukka MTE LX... alongside the Sk8-Hi MTE LX... reconstructed utilizing gusseted tongues, reversed waffle lug outsoles, Cosmoâ„¢Comfort heat retention, The North Face winterGRIP® and water-repellant leather and suede uppers... The North Face propriety innovation, winterGRIP® is a tacky rubber compound designed to remain soft when the temperature falls below freezing and excels on icy surfaces – 20 percent better in slip resistance than traditional rubbers in approximation.
otm7Ymb.jpg

Did anybody cop and compare to other soles? 

The Partially Comprehensive Guide to Shoe Soles (WellDressedDad):

• Leather soles
    tjcxMir.jpg
  • Glued on rubber sole covers
    jpHmMVy.jpg
  • Christy soles
    9yD6C9q.jpg
  • Dainite style
    o74twUb.jpg
  • Commando style
    i3svxOM.jpg
  • Ripple soles – fun or function? (followup)
    yzFRvY2.png

If you don't have goodyear welt or other stitched-down shoes it's still possible to replace the sole

• LL Bean has been resoling their rubber boots for decades
  • Vibram launched a resole program last year for any shoe

More upcoming innovative soles:

Vibram Gains Traction with Artic Grip Soles
new shoes will sport “designated lugs with Arctic Grip sole technology that grips slick wet ice, as well as thermochromatic lugs, which sense when the temperature drops below 32 degrees Fahrenheit, and change color in cold conditions.â€

see a no hands demonstration!!!

HvGMMXC.jpg

Should Nike, Adidas et al be obligated to resole their Frees, Boosts etc? What are your favourite soles?

I don't know about current season SISP, but past seasons' pants fit large in the waist. I usually wear a 32/48 in most brands, but I have a couple of pairs of SISP pants in 46 and they fit perfect. You may be able to go for a 44 if you can find one.

Thanks! The pants arrived and they are actually still quite large but fine with a belt, so always size down on SISP pants. 

Not much of a techwear but I always wanted some moleskin pants and these are superb!

Should Nike, Adidas et al be obligated to resole their Frees, Boosts etc? What are your favourite soles?

That's an interesting point. I really love what nike's been doing with slapping their sfb sole unit on sneakers, but apart from it's great look the sfb sole has a reputation for being slippery. still i really like the sneakerboot as a concept, even if not always executed well. 

I'd also love more low-profile vibram sole based boots with a tech bent. In general it seems that sneakers companies tend to have an interesting outlook on what a 'boot' should be.

Btw ... any edit of the Brands List at the beginning of this thread ? don't remember the name of that Korean Acronym like hardshell brand, and other mainstream brands sub-collections ?