Hey, thanks for the reply - I'm looking for something a little more understated than that, don't really like the aesthetic of the Mechanix ones with the writing all over them.

I was thinking something like Arc'teryx LEAF or Outdoor Research

Got my 2 in 1 jacket today, way nicer than I expected it to be. I'm glad I got t for a total steal, but even retail seems reasonable for it

What colour way did you go for? I liked the look of the white one, but I'm trying to get an ACR jacket instead!

Edited by Majotaur

Anyone with white Lupineks can confirm they are slippery as the SFB?

(got a pair for christmas, a size too big so I have to return them and I am thinking about gettying the Hayworths - Antonioli claims they are Gore)

also if you consider buying Lupinek go with your ACR-LF1 sizing, they run big

I think the shell is just too big from the back to be worn without it (or maybe even with it)

Looking at the nike webstore the upper back looks as if there is expansion pleats (like on the original m65) but there isn't. Oh well, it still works the same. shiturbantechwearerssay

Edited by TIMDOT

Anyone with white Lupineks can confirm they are slippery as the SFB?

(got a pair for christmas, a size too big so I have to return them and I am thinking about gettying the Hayworths - Antonioli claims they are Gore)

also if you consider buying Lupinek go with your ACR-LF1 sizing, they run big

I don't kno why the color would matter... I have the blackout lupinek and they're slick as fuck like all the other sfb boots :) that said, I love them.

Absolutely size down or you'll be swimming in them

I have black lupineks and they are slippery for sure. I love them though. I got another pair of the defend water repellent black flyknits quickly online a month or so pre-ACG, and later realized it had the iridescent reflective material at toe and heel instead of all black. Like them ok, but the acg are superb. With nice leather and much more of a boot. My feet stay pretty warm in them too. I sized down a half size and they work well. I wear thicker merino socks even still with them i think with a thin sock it may be little loose fitting but not bad.

Tried the ACG cargo, Inversion LS, and beanie... Ironically the only thing I ended up liking was the beanie which is just a cheap acrylic beanie.

Cargoes are nice enough I think, especially for the price, but didn't fit the way I wanted. Just don't go expecting the world of them and if the cut is what you're after they're not bad at all.

Inversion LS was a total miss. Scratchy wool blend instead of their dri-fit wool which has a soft hand-feel and the rib pocket fits nothing useful unless you plan to keep a card/cash.

Beanie is a beanie, but it's cool.

Tried the ACG cargo, Inversion LS, and beanie... Ironically the only thing I ended up liking was the beanie which is just a cheap acrylic beanie.

Cargoes are nice enough I think, especially for the price, but didn't fit the way I wanted. Just don't go expecting the world of them and if the cut is what you're after they're not bad at all.

Inversion LS was a total miss. Scratchy wool blend instead of their dri-fit wool which has a soft hand-feel and the rib pocket fits nothing useful unless you plan to keep a card/cash.

Beanie is a beanie, but it's cool.

yeah i kinda regret my purchase of the inversion - already been washed and worn though so can't return! nevermind - so difficult to use the rib pocket too, barely fits my phone and it's hard to put an ipod in there.

Outta left field, but Aether stuff...people like?

Stores are cool to browse but from my experience the quality isn't great. I've never owned any of their jackets though, just tees and shorts and stuff.

I guess on that note - I'm looking for a performance merino wool sweater in a good thick layer. I'm torn between fashion brands like Howlin' and ultra tech brands like Aether/Outlier. I just want something versatile, which may or may not exist. 

Good call on Reigning Champ. In other news, Mission Workshop is pre-re-releasing (lol) their Bosun Jacket again. http://missionworkshop.com/products/apparel/jacket/merino-wool-bosun.php

I've worn the original for years and still have it; hiking, climbing, running, falling down cliffs...it's been there and everywhere. Love that bastard.

Love my MW district chinos. Only problem is they've lost 90% of their water repellency and after losing weight they are a size or two too big for me. Would love to buy a new pair but the CAD dollar is weak as fuk right now. Not paying $300 for them. 

Had 2 pairs of slim dungarees but never worn them more than a week. Just didn't like how they felt, looked, and as a guy who puts his hands in his pockets a lot they just pissed me off for some reason. 

Edited by Ecotrons

Love my MW district chinos. Only problem is they've lost 90% of their water repellency and after losing weight they are a size or two too big for me. Would love to buy a new pair but the CAD dollar is weak as fuk right now. Not paying $300 for them. 

Had 2 pairs of slim dungarees but never worn them more than a week. Just didn't like how they felt, looked, and as a guy who puts his hands in his pockets a lot they just pissed me off for some reason. 

Having tried every Outlier pant under the sun, the only one that has stayed with me over the course of the years is a pair of climbers (after I fixed the atrociously large topstitched hem).

Edited by QQandA