Any feedback on these ? :

adidas gsg9 tr - Core Black

Would like a confirmation that the first price was around 225 € (according to some websites)

if so they can be found at 75% reduction in some french websites...

And Gsg9 probably means technical conception...

89006.jpg
hebergeur dimage

http://www.prodirectrunning.com/products/Mens-Shoes-adidas-GSG9-TR-Core-Black-Core-Black-FTWR-White-89006.aspx

Edited by bento

My feedback: Save your cash for something else.

Saving some cash for Acrnm pants , Large :)

Been wearing the ACG cargos and wanted to offer a dissenting opinion: I'm disappointed.  I believe someone mentioned they are a great value at $200, but I find that perhaps this pricepoint was the reason for its weak execution.  There are a lot more "features" in these compared to Outliers for sure, so maybe they are "underpriced" in that regard, but all of these "features" I sense are echoes of something better that Errolson and team wanted to do but could not at $200. 

The waist closure for example seems to want of Fidlock, or at least an alternative to the traditional snap/button; but instead it's a tiny knob that has to fit into an even tinier opening to catch, making it much harder to engage than Fidlock or a regular snap/button. 

The cargo pockets have a drawstring--why?  Seems superfluous (unless I'm dense and missing the true functionality).  The pockets are also huge and flare out, kind of giving off the jodhpur look (but maybe this is just because of my build, not sure if everyone experiences this) and not the straight lines I was hoping for. 

They're not actually black--also disappointing.  The DWR seems to be useless: Some Conditions Gear, it turns out.

The one thing that's done well is the side pocket.  It's accessible while sitting which is refreshing.

All in all, there are good ideas here, but given the $200 constraint it feels like they had to cutback on things.  I would rather have seen one or two things executed well than several poorly.

Found the company that has done from (atleast) AW09 to SS14 of shadow project's advertising campaigns. Saves you having to look it up on hypebeast and highsnobiety respectively:

http://and-son.co.uk/campaigns/47

All of them can be found here, a couple shots are different for some seasons:

http://www.stoneisland.com/experience/it/pages/the-brand/collections-archives/

Stone-Island-Shadow-Project-SS011-10_min

Been wearing the ACG cargos and wanted to offer a dissenting opinion: I'm disappointed.  I believe someone mentioned they are a great value at $200, but I find that perhaps this pricepoint was the reason for its weak execution.  There are a lot more "features" in these compared to Outliers for sure, so maybe they are "underpriced" in that regard, but all of these "features" I sense are echoes of something better that Errolson and team wanted to do but could not at $200. 

The waist closure for example seems to want of Fidlock, or at least an alternative to the traditional snap/button; but instead it's a tiny knob that has to fit into an even tinier opening to catch, making it much harder to engage than Fidlock or a regular snap/button. 

The cargo pockets have a drawstring--why?  Seems superfluous (unless I'm dense and missing the true functionality).  The pockets are also huge and flare out, kind of giving off the jodhpur look (but maybe this is just because of my build, not sure if everyone experiences this) and not the straight lines I was hoping for. 

They're not actually black--also disappointing.  The DWR seems to be useless: Some Conditions Gear, it turns out.

The one thing that's done well is the side pocket.  It's accessible while sitting which is refreshing.

All in all, there are good ideas here, but given the $200 constraint it feels like they had to cutback on things.  I would rather have seen one or two things executed well than several poorly.

The main reason I balked is because they're a essentially a costume piece.  They give you the look of being ready for urban combat or whatever but for all the "all conditions", DWR hype and Acronym pedigree they're cotton pants that are going to suck in most conditions.  I would totally cop if they were $220 and nylon (I don't even care about DWR, shit doesn't last anyhow).

*I still might cop and put up with the soaked legs and "cosplayer" comments just because they looked so fucking cool. 

↓  I hear you but wet in cotton sucks for hours, wet in nylon based stuff is a minor nuisance.

Edited by fals3

To anyone who bought the ACG cargos and is disappointed: I just got a pair of ccp x softs ghost pants and I'm finding that they generally compare favorably to the cargos for around the same price.

Fabric on the CPPs is much nicer. It's a bit heavier 75-25 cotton-polyester blend. The cut is slightly better on the CPPs, but that might differ depending on preference. The placement of the pockets is a bit worse though. I wore these CCPs all day walking around the city yesterday and constantly found myself fumbling to get my phone in/out of the pockets.

Found em via a post a ways back in this thread.

ccp x softs - ghost line

rC9AP7f.jpg

8rvqAXL.jpg

wn8459B.jpg

3mibDdS.jpg

oWfmxLI.jpg

HTOgekH.jpg

Edited by btford

Yeah, anyone hoping these are ACR for $200 is hopelessly optimistic.  

But even taking them for what they are, I think they are objectively a letdown.  Outlier SD's are a good example of doing one thing right and excelling at it (being a modern update to denim).  The cargos seem to be trying to achieve too many things at once without the budget to do any of them well.  If they decided to focus on a few key elements, these would be leagues better.  IMO, the waist closure is especially emblematic of this...they obviously wanted to "improve" upon the traditional button, but maybe couldn't afford Fidlock so they turned to whatever it is we have now.  It's harsh and I say it half in jest, but all the mediocre things seem to culminate in even the color: they spread their budget so thin they couldn't even get the color right!   

Tiny changes could've made these great pants.  Using a regular button (or the snaps on the cargo pockets) for the waist would've been infinitely easier (and cheaper) than this Fidlock wannabe.  The drawstring on the pockets could be gone (I don't buy that they're needed to secure a water bottle--given their depth they will hold a bottle securely just fine; I've done it in my other cargos that are much shallower with no issue, heck I even held a baguette once!).  And sometimes I end up uncomfortably sitting on the black thing that tensions the cord (I forget what it's called...) so I have to readjust; so not only are the drawstrings unnecessary but they are detrimental.  Back pocket zips are unnecessary--they seem to try to be watertight but if the pants aren't (because the DWR sucks) then why bother?  Remove some things here, change things there, and move that budget to things that matter and you've got a great pair of pants.  Here's to hoping for ACG's next season!

Edited by piece keeper

i'm all for attention to detail, but if a snap button and a pocket drawcord are what makes these 'objectively a letdown' compared to outlier pants that are essentially a pair of gap jeans sewn in nylon you're just looking for a stick to beat the dog with. 

dwr on pants is a problem with no apparent solution. outlier can't get it right either. av comes close sometimes. i agree that the acg cargo's are a bit of a costume piece re: material solutions as the wool/cotton fabric seems primarily chosen for it's handfeel and aesthetics. 

Edited by Inkinsurgent

I think a lot of people are making the mistake of wanting acronym pants for $200. These are Nike pants.

this.

I don't understand why people criticize it so much. IMO the thing is that they're terrific SS pants, they're light, they're comfortable (actually one of the most comfortable pants I've ever worn) and they look dope.

I agree that they shouldn't have advertised on the water repellency of these cargos because they're not but the cut and general features makes up for it.

Edited by Doesnt matter

Looking for some nice black tactical/techwear inspired gloves, any suggestions? 

http://www.mechanix.com/search/all-gloves

http://www.theheatcompany.com/en/gloves/heat-3-smart