Got the opportunity recently to test FREKA Facewear while in Shanghai for a Conference:

tumblr_nz73fa_Uc_Ce1u8s5x9o1_1280.jpg
image gratuite à télécharger

Will publish a techwear 2015/2016 review soon on the New Artemis : http://thenewartemis.com/

I also had the opportunity to test a nice goretex pro pants from Carinthia http://www.military-sleeping-bags.com/prg-professional-rain-garments/

I doubt that anybody here will be interested by the Hardshell, but the troursers are worth a look

btw, you can follow me on tmblr too : http://ace4.International

Edited by bento

^interesting, I assumed the woven was supposed to be wool/poly blend with DWR coating. What's the fabric composition labeled as on the tag?

I handled the cargos and they're definitely tagged as a cotton/wool/spandex blend, seems like Nike mixed up the composition in the product description on the website.

- Pants are somewhat shiny, like silk. This makes them look cheap in the sun, especially along with black GT jacket

Just FYI but about a week of wear beats this out of them.

edit: I'm 5'8" and I don't really have any problem with the sized up pair? doesn't really result in mad stacks for me, also it's comfy as fuck.

Edited by Igneousity

Got my cargos today. IMHO these are seriously underpriced.

For $200? Maybe you've missed the Made in Vietnam tag.

Rest of the collection is definitely overpriced as well, 2in1 shell cost $650 where the most expensive Tilak jacket (superior quality, Gore-Tex Pro, made for K2 climbs) is $400. Nike is cashing hard on you guys.

Okay, my second pair of ACG cargos arrived and I can get a comparison picture in daylight but I'm going to take a half second to blaspheme at you guys and say I genuinely prefer the blue ones. The "black" are definitely more navy than anything else, but I had (before returning them) a pair of the ACG woven pants in "black" so I knew what I was getting. Playing around with stuff in my wardrobe a bit I'm finding a that the blue ones are just more interesting. There's not much that's been done with blue in techwear stuff, the silhouettes is definitely tech-y as hell which gives you some really interesting options to play around with. 

I tried both on with a white cav empt shirt and a grey cav empt shirt. Blue doesn't work as well with grey and makes a kind of washed out pallette, but on the white shirt blue is clearly the more interesting choice. I have an S floating around as well and I tried that on for the go-up-a-size look and holy shit that's the money right there.

I get people here are totally married to the whole black-black-grey-black-moreblack-maybeolive thing but I'd encourage anyone with the cash to burn to grab a pair in blue (size up) while they still can and try it out. It's not like Nike doesn't include a return shipping label in the box.

And it's not like there's not a shitload of neat tech pants in black for near the $200 mark, christ people.

For $200? Maybe you've missed the Made in Vietnam tag.

Rest of the collection is definitely overpriced as well, 2in1 shell cost $650 where the most expensive Tilak jacket (superior quality, Gore-Tex Pro, made for K2 climbs) is $400. Nike is cashing hard on you guys.

I don't agree re:locale. Sure, i love the exclusivity of the made in vancouver or made in czech republic tag, but it's not like you can't get quality manufacturing in asia. It's been discussed here before that some more high-tech manufacturing even doesn't exist in the western hemisphere because the demand is too low. The dead bird has no issues cranking out the most high end clothes in vietnam and china, and although there is no super exciting technology going on in the construction of the acg cargo's, 200 bucks is a very reasonable price point for the amount of detailing and quality of construction in these. The only thing you're not getting is super exciting swiss fabric, but then again you're not buying acronym and the pants aren't 800 bucks..

^^ planning on ordering them soon, will let you know.

Got my cargos today. IMHO these are seriously underpriced.

Are you the one selling these? 

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Nike-Likelab-ACG-Acronym-Cargo-Pants-Medium-M-Black/262186381369

;)

(lol @ 500 bucks)

Edited by exhaust fumes

I don't agree re:locale. Sure, i love the exclusivity of the made in vancouver or made in czech republic tag, but it's not like you can't get quality manufacturing in asia. It's been discussed here before that some more high-tech manufacturing even doesn't exist in the western hemisphere because the demand is too low. The dead bird has no issues cranking out the most high end clothes in vietnam and china, and although there is no super exciting technology going on in the construction of the acg cargo's, 200 bucks is a very reasonable price point for the amount of detailing and quality of construction in these. The only thing you're not getting is super exciting swiss fabric, but then again you're not buying acronym and the pants aren't 800 bucks..

I was only refering to the economics of the Nike production and Akuma's claim that it is underpriced. It's not a comment about quality. 

Hahaha no way. Fuck price gougers.

So Comparing these to other pants in the same price range like outlier, these blow anything else out of the water. The articulation is pretty insane, the pockets are comfortable and nice, things don't flop around in them, and sitting or stand they're easy to access, the "hidden" pocket on the right side is awesome, I store my credit cards in them if I'm doing a quick grocery store run or multiple purchases quickly.

They're ever so slightly too long for me, maybe an inch or so, so I have a bit of stacking at the bottom, but it looks good.

My only complaint is how thin the fabric is for a winter pant. Last night it was 40f/4.5c and my legs were freezing. The fabric is super soft, and the bit of stretch is amazing, almost unnecessary, as the articulation allows for completely free movement. If these were thicker fabric, or wool lined, they'd be my favorite pant ever.

Oh, and seriously still with the "made in Vietnam" stuff??? Try and find anywhere else on earth that has the production capabilities of east Asia. You can't. Stuff is made there for a lot more reasons than just "it's cheaper". If anyone else made these pants they'd be $450+, cost isn't just where it's made, or a brand name in this instance. But I'm not gonna be condescending, as I'm sure you know pattern making isn't exactly the easiest craft on earth.

Edited by akuma no uta

Official Y-3 Watch Face for Android Wear  :rolleyes:

WrUrRP3.jpg

Anyone wearing a Tag Heuer Connected Carrera, Apple Watch, Fossil, Huawei, Pebble, Moto, Microsoft etc? Or sticking with a classic watch?

I have a Moto 360 I occasionally wear. Haven't used it much since I got a new phone though.