Whoa that's really blue.

Firmament pics make them look rich deep black... So do slam jams and nikes. are they majorly fucking with us?

Yeah, mine are like that. Guess that's the black color after all. I really like them, they look super deep and are probably a dead on match for acr 'night' colorway, but if you're expecting flat black you're going to be disappointed. Which makes me wonder why they just didn't call them 'night' or whatever.

Thought the thread would be interested in this, Gore-Tex has recently released a pretty interesting new textile, bizarrely called Gore Active but completely unlike the previous Gore active products. What makes this product interesting is that is completely skips the face fabric and exposes the membrane as the outer surface while bonding a woven backer on the inside like a conventional 3L product. The result is a fabric that is not only ultralight and waterproof but completely hydrophobic and doesn't rely on DWR. It can't get wet and it doesn't wear away like DWR. Essentially, you can come out a rain storm, shake your coat off and it's bone dry. Unfortunately, it's pretty fragile and and thus best suited as an emergency shell or for very specific end uses. Arc'teryx is using it on a running specific jacket as is The North Face

Pretty interesting potential applications for this textile though, imagine something like an Acronym WS-J25 but half the size packed down and waterproof. 

It's like a reversed paclite. Pretty cool. I really wonder how the permanent beading effect holds up after prolonged exposure to body oils, dirt, etc. Also wonder if this is in any way related to the research that led to their jungle uniform fabric as not retaining any water whatsoever has obvious otb/wetland applications. 

Edited by Inkinsurgent

So I've been trying not to mess around with some brands that don't synergism hugely to see what I can come up with, since my wardrobe tends to have a few different styles and I I can make some stuff play nice together then I can probably save some money.

Biggest focus is on kinda trying to get these shoes to work, and while the general feedback on this has so far been positive I'm struggling to think of a jacket/shell that'd pair nicely and complimentary with them as opposed to kind of making them weird outliers.

ex7Czg8.jpg

some acg Cargo fit pics...

acgCargo1

acgCargo2

hate to say it, but I might like these more than my P10a-Ch's....

as has been said before the zippers do seem large and sharp, my only real qualm.

I actually like the non-belt loop waist, but would be nice above the cell pocket, since it seems smaller than the one on the first acg tech fleece release, might be nice for a carabineer garage. They seem looser than regular tech fleece sweats, but a little tighter than the ACG tech fleece. Im 6' ~160 31 waist, got the small. which is the first time and ACR designed pant has been long enough and still fit in the waist... actual waist is a hair less than 42cm, 16.5in

On a side note, I've been playing around a bit with getting a more RO + Techwear style to work and it's painfully obvious that this is A: difficult and B: my Nomad looks like shit with the blend of styles. Going to need to rethink my parka choice, maybe.

Not so hard, maybe you could try other silhouettes, more relaxed bottom for example.

I'm usually combining for fall\winter:

Top: old Veilance Partition coat under it covert hoody,

under it ro longsleeve, under it ro tank + some merino buff in all black, hat is RO beanie.

Bottom: pants made by myself from softshell RO prisioner inspired + merino socks

footwear: dunks, geobaskets, even air force mid insideout etc.

upd: you should try Veilance Sinter for shell. Should work with RO.

Or Devoa hard shell.

Edited by mizzar

In other news I purchased a new parka today from Musto, not a name mentioned much in these parts but I feel it might be appropriate here?

2L Goretex with Primaloft insulation, inner hand gaitors, cuff reflectors and rather nice coyote fur trim that naturally does not freeze.

Nice and long and blasted comfy and a steal as it was less than half price !

Should be a lifer.

Almost forgot, these arrived too at half price.

Yours sincerely, Mr bargain basement !!

how to y3 boosts fit? i vaguely remember they were HUGE when i tried them on at macchus.

i still kinda want the qr boosts. i'm a 10.5 in huarache and ultraboosts. what size will i b?

So I've been trying not to mess around with some brands that don't synergism hugely to see what I can come up with, since my wardrobe tends to have a few different styles and I I can make some stuff play nice together then I can probably save some money.

Biggest focus is on kinda trying to get these shoes to work, and while the general feedback on this has so far been positive I'm struggling to think of a jacket/shell that'd pair nicely and complimentary with them as opposed to kind of making them weird outliers.

ex7Czg8.jpg

Shit looks good already dude :) I pair my technical clothing (mostly acr) with a lot of stuff like Daniel Patrick for a more crude/desert kind of feel. I think any black acrnm shell would work well with that, or one of the longer veilance shells. If you didn't wanna drop that much $ isaora has some that are one solid matte color. I've seen some people make the bbs11 shell work too :)

how quickly (or slowly) did the pants dry?

Don't get me wrong, I love the overall fit and aesthetics. And it keeps me warm. But like what inkinsurgent said, could have put more effort in the dwr.

I put it over the heater and it dried in probably 1-2 hours. hung dry would take even longer i guess.

Edited by hurhur

I recently got a Herno Laminar 3 in 1 parka and there's been a bit of talk here about the brand and I just can't stress enough how awesome the jacket is, it's really the perfect cold weather parka. was hesitating between that and a veilance monitor coat and the fit (and versatility since it's 3 in 1) blows the veilance coat out. 

wish more shops would carry the line, really under appreciated IMO

Would someone be willing to tell me if they stumble across the Nike ACG cargos in XS? I actually prefer the navy ones but they're sold out.

Because they're rad as fuck

RacMzYO.jpg

Just want to give you the heads up that the xs in obsidian is back instock right now just as i checked. Hope you are able to scoop it in time. xs  " black" is also up and other sizes if anyone else are still looking http://store.nike.com/us/en_us/pd/nikelab-acg-cargo-pants/pid-10814003/pgid-11145898. (us site).

Edited by dsxero

I really really like the navy so I'm weird.

Seriously, I eel like a lot of people here are missing out on how goo the navy pants are considering the plethora of options available in black.