plus, the cargos are such a guaranteed success, they'll probably bring em back in one form or another

edit picked up a pair of the cargo's becuse fuck it, free returns. not big on poly as i'm a sweaty motherfucker, but those thigh pockets..

Edited by Inkinsurgent

I checked out the ACG gear tonight at the Nikelab in Soho, here's my thoughts (I'm comparing this stuff to Acronym only):

The crew sweatshirt was nice, diet version of the S6-C from last F/W. Branding on the black was eh. The funnel neck one was a little more interesting.

Thermal: This was also okay. I didn't really have an issue with it, but I'd probably pick an old Gyakusou top over it.

Jackets: Eh. I couldn't be really interested in them. The branding is loud. The materials felt sturdy enough, not pro-shell by any means, but good enough to go against arcteryx's lower lines. I didn't like the black on the long coat mixed with the navy. The liner was pretty puffy, so if you're into the soft feel, it might be more your jam.

Pants: Both the cargos and sweatpants had once again a diet P10 feel, but one thing that really stood out to me was how sharp the back pocket zippers are. Like if you rub up your butt on a loose thread it'll snag on it/scratch paint. Not a fan of that at all. I was also kind of disappointed by the lack of any sort of knee stitching. That (and along with the taper zippers), is one of my favorite features of Acronym pants and really defines "the look". Materials on the pants was like a lighter weight ETA proof.

Shoes: I didn't like the shoes when I first saw them, and I liked them even less IRL. They did surprise me by being a lot lighter than expected, but for 300 USD, I think you'd be better off with a set of 6" SFBs and use the cash for something else. The outer rubber "rocky" panels on the display shoes were already wrinkled. The 3M (something white??) under the flyknit just didn't work with me.

Backpack: Really not feeling the bag at all. The new waterproof zippers are basically patent shiny plastic, and for 300 bucks, I'd expect things like garages for the waist strap (If there was one, disregard, but I didn't see any), maybe some holders for the shoulder straps. I'm super picky with backpacks though, so I might just be picking shit.

Hat/Balacava: Didn't see these out.

Overall: While the sweatshirt/thermal was nice, I just really couldn't feel like any of it was a must have. The branding is a lot to swallow. I suppose this is a result of having too much Acronym, but to give an analogy, the entire line feels like the Budweiser of Techwear. Sure it'll get you drunk, and maybe in a glimmer it reminds you of a good Hefewiezen.

I copped the white jacket because... white Gore-Tex. After being used to Acrnm for so long you totally forget what it's like to wear lesser quality construction. and the Nike stuff most certainly is. The zippers feel hard to pull but weak at the same time, the whole hood section feels horribly cheap and the Velcro on the sleeves feel like they've have completely minimised the amount of Velcro to give you just about an acceptable level of binding. That said, even with the somewhat garish branding, I think the 2 in 1 looks fucking dope in white.

I also copped the boots in white. I like em, although they're pretty wide for my slender hooves, maybe thicker socks are required. The laces have cool screw caps and you get a bag of interchangeable colours. Somewhat stupidly, you get a spare pair of thicker laces, but they don't have the screw ends. Bit of an afterthought.

Might post some pics over the weekend if anyone's bothered about fit n shit.

Some European stores still have the black cargos in stock but without VAT reduction. Was ridiculous seeing them sell out literally in an instant on NDC, thought it was an error. Been looking for something like the P10 for a long time and the cargos seem like the best alternative.

Edited by oneiroi1

whats the main differences between the 1st 2/3 in1 and this years?

Also anyone know how the cargos fit - what size equals what waist?

The 2 in 1 from what I understand just has a new color and a strap system (so it can be worn similarly to a backpack).

And as far as sizing, End has waist measurements listed and I'd say those would probably be safe to go by.

The 2 in 1 from what I understand just has a new color and a strap system (so it can be worn similarly to a backpack).

And as far as sizing, End has waist measurements listed and I'd say those would probably be safe to go by.

cheers, glad i picked up the first light blue now although this years navy kills it

I checked out the ACG gear tonight at the Nikelab in Soho, here's my thoughts (I'm comparing this stuff to Acronym only):

The crew sweatshirt was nice, diet version of the S6-C from last F/W. Branding on the black was eh. The funnel neck one was a little more interesting.

Thermal: This was also okay. I didn't really have an issue with it, but I'd probably pick an old Gyakusou top over it.

Jackets: Eh. I couldn't be really interested in them. The branding is loud. The materials felt sturdy enough, not pro-shell by any means, but good enough to go against arcteryx's lower lines. I didn't like the black on the long coat mixed with the navy. The liner was pretty puffy, so if you're into the soft feel, it might be more your jam.

Pants: Both the cargos and sweatpants had once again a diet P10 feel, but one thing that really stood out to me was how sharp the back pocket zippers are. Like if you rub up your butt on a loose thread it'll snag on it/scratch paint. Not a fan of that at all. I was also kind of disappointed by the lack of any sort of knee stitching. That (and along with the taper zippers), is one of my favorite features of Acronym pants and really defines "the look". Materials on the pants was like a lighter weight ETA proof.

Shoes: I didn't like the shoes when I first saw them, and I liked them even less IRL. They did surprise me by being a lot lighter than expected, but for 300 USD, I think you'd be better off with a set of 6" SFBs and use the cash for something else. The outer rubber "rocky" panels on the display shoes were already wrinkled. The 3M (something white??) under the flyknit just didn't work with me.

Backpack: Really not feeling the bag at all. The new waterproof zippers are basically patent shiny plastic, and for 300 bucks, I'd expect things like garages for the waist strap (If there was one, disregard, but I didn't see any), maybe some holders for the shoulder straps. I'm super picky with backpacks though, so I might just be picking shit.

Hat/Balacava: Didn't see these out.

Overall: While the sweatshirt/thermal was nice, I just really couldn't feel like any of it was a must have. The branding is a lot to swallow. I suppose this is a result of having too much Acronym, but to give an analogy, the entire line feels like the Budweiser of Techwear. Sure it'll get you drunk, and maybe in a glimmer it reminds you of a good Hefewiezen.

Appreciate your thoughts on the ACG collection especially for those of us who can't view the pieces in person.

Aren't the ACG jackets Goretex though?

I'm debating between picking up the ACG Trench/long bomber or Arcteryx Veilance Partition AR Coat or maybe the Galvanic IS.

In that they finally managed to give their model the correct size?

i don't know man, end's tech fleece fit pics look like an art student's first semester project on the influence of war prosthetics on early 20th century surrealists.

Edited by Inkinsurgent

Appreciate your thoughts on the ACG collection especially for those of us who can't view the pieces in person.

Aren't the ACG jackets Goretex though?

I'm debating between picking up the ACG Trench/long bomber or Arcteryx Veilance Partition AR Coat or maybe the Galvanic IS.

There are a number of levels of Gore-Tex, the top being pro-shell, which is mentioned. I assume ACG is constructed of lower-tier fabric, and although all Gore-Tex garments need approval by the company to ensure they won't leak outright and diminish the brand, the quality of construction between a made in China Nike piece and a German-made Acronym piece or Canadian Veilance jacket will be significant. In this respect, your debate becomes fundamentally about cost. Although the Partition is at a similar price point to the ACG, it lacks insulation. The Galvanic is probably more comparable, but costs nearly double (and although I haven't handled the Nike jacket, I would wager has almost twice as much value in materials and construction quality).

nike-acg-design-development-0.jpg?w=516

This one is the best part of the ACG collection.

Can't justify buying the white jacket but love the Metal Gear Solid vibes. The Genome Army!

...German-made Acronym piece ...

It is absolutely imperative to know that all Acronym jackets are made in Czech Republic. 

here's a question; who here has bought the acg balaclava? imagine someone here possibly has as it's sold out in some stockists. tempted myself but could see my collar being felt or have a women start screaming hysterically once I don the piece.

Edited by scamster

I'll let u kno Tuesday when mine gets here :) I grabbed that and the holster shirt. I kept going back for the jacket but have to keep reminding myself I won't like it as much as any acr I already have ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Pants: Both the cargos and sweatpants had once again a diet P10 feel, but one thing that really stood out to me was how sharp the back pocket zippers are. Like if you rub up your butt on a loose thread it'll snag on it/scratch paint. 

Was wearing a pair of the earlier ACG tech fleece pants this morning when a review car got delivered. The zip on the back right pocket scratched the fucking seat leather! 

Here's a fit pic after swapping them for a pair of P16-CHs that won't destroy the seat ;)

12317306_920038471405245_1929954856_n.jp