contacted FE about the sufu/utw cap and they are indeed great cs. Within 4 hours I got positive response (saturday), so the questions are:

-anyone interested?

-anyone in US who can help handling that (since FE is US based)?

-any design ideas?

don't buy stuff // make stuff

Definitely interested as well. Mine should come in today, I'll probably post up some impressions.

I had some free time so even if there was no real hype about the sneaky cap I decided to create a proposal:

v1.jpg

_116740 is the number of this threak (typeset in custom font)

_the lines next to it read superfuture / urban / techwear (AA-HXVLTC-015 font experiment)

_it would be boring if it was just the print so I would like the cap button (if it's called like that) to be removed and the junction of the seams to be secured with rounded seam sealer

_also the short black webbing is replaced with reflective (pref. black) tape

_the design was not consulted with FE so they might not be willing to do the changes, but since there were just 3 of us interested in the cap I am waiting with contacting them

_also add your own proposals to the bin

Edited by danii

One idea I had is for possible fidlock integration for carrying purposes. A bit inspired by the recent dsptch key rings, but could anyone think of a practical way to have this hat easily attach / detach from a bag? 

-

BTW– got the cap in yesterday. Material is nice and thick, feels really sturdy and wind doesn't really penetrate it at all from what I can tell. Sprayed it with some water pretty directly and I'd say 95% of it slid right off, so it's not waterproof by any means but I'll take it over the cotton camp hats I've been wearing for a few years now.

Only thing I don't like (which is due to personal preference) is the actual cap part is pretty deep, while I usually prefer more shallow hats.

Edited by t-a

Fidlock you say, interesting. I was playing with the idea of replacing the original buckle with something else, but mostly for look reasons, but everyhing was too bulky resulting the original buckle to be the best option. I'd say it might a bit of a overkill because most of us have a spare grimloc or taclink with them all the time.

Anyway I decided to give it a try, I took the smallest fidlock I found around (20 snap buckle) and sew it on a snapback (don't mind the brand I found it on a bench in park and wear it for trail running and gardening:))

-the cap is quite heavy now

-it's fine to wear, no pressure anywhere

-for carrying purposes it's a two piece design: the cap and belt loop with just one part of the snapbuckle

(it's just a quick mock-up so don't comment on the seams, untidy garden or golden retriever hair all over)

fidlock.jpg

Edited by danii

Well now i'm bloody interested! Can I ask what material the bill is? I assume it's composite which is better than my old new era one that's quite obviously cardboard, becomes insanely floppy in the rain

Edited by Albm

Very nice work, danii!  Definitely agree with the absence of the button/squatchee as it's actually a pain point when using headphones and such over caps, so removing it would be very functional and in the spirit of UTW.  Fidlock would be a great touch too.  Do you think this type of Fidlock connector would work: http://www.dsptch.com/collections/october-releases/products/key-chain-set

It's not as clean as yours, but smaller footprint and since there are other products out there using it (Outlier, obviously DSPTCH's set that I linked) it'd be easy for people to carry off their belt if they are already working with these systems. 

And what are people's experiences in weatherproof-ness/resistance of Cordura vs. Ventile?  Do you think a Ventile cap would fare better (but who knows if we can find someone to make it for us)?

Well now i'm bloody interested! Can I ask what material the bill is? I assume it's composite which is better than my old new era one that's quite obviously cardboard, becomes insanely floppy in the rain

Not 100% positive what material it is, but its way too stiff to be cardboard.

Welcome to techwearcon XX15

I do not own the whole fidlock range (unfortunatelly), but there is also the very same buckle I used but 25mm (I used 20mm) called flat  which is lower profile and therefore lighter.

buckle_flat_25_ansicht_01.jpg

Anyway, this thing needs a production person, since I have really poor organization skills. Any volunteers? 

Edited by danii

Welcome to techwearcon XX15

I do not own the whole fidlock range (unfortunatelly), but there is also the very same buckle I used but 25mm (I used 20mm) called flat  which is lower profile and therefore lighter.

buckle_flat_25_ansicht_01.jpg

Anyway, this thing needs a production person, since I have really poor organization skills. Any volunteers? 

What would this entail?  I may be able to help, but not sure what you need (and therefore not sure if I can).

Edited by piece keeper

46408780dw_14_r.jpg

Has anybody picked up the slip-on boots from SISP this season?
I'm contemplating buying a pair (hopefully here in sale-season). However most shops only carry them up to size 44 (besides stoneisland.com they have 45 as well). I'm curious about the sizing, since i'm a true US 12/EUR 45. So if anyone got a pair, please share your knowledge on the sizing.
Thanks! 

Has anybody picked up the slip-on boots from SISP this season?

I'm contemplating buying a pair (hopefully here in sale-season). However most shops only carry them up to size 44 (besides stoneisland.com they have 45 as well). I'm curious about the sizing, since i'm a true US 12/EUR 45. So if anyone got a pair, please share your knowledge on the sizing.

Thanks! 

I am 10.5 in Nike, 9.5 in adidas (2/3 or how do they mark it) and I took 43, they fit perfectly. Classic italian sizing I guess.