i have the dsptch waist bag w fidlock closures, i actually find it kinda annoying.

What's annoying about it?  I think Fidlock is great in certain situations and a hassle in some others.  I think a belt and keychain are two instances where magnetic contact makes a lot of sense, and having used both (ok, I've only had the belt for a few days now but the keychain I've been using for years using Outlier's) they are great.  I would expect bag closures to be a good use-case.  Definitely interested in hearing your thoughts, as I have no personal experience with Fidlock-equipped bags.

thanks guys, but I'm really looking for a stowaway hood with a fishtail back. 

3 layer Goretex or the like.

I think Ten C has one (in 3L, not their crappy heavy proprietary stuff) but the hood is exposed.  M51's didn't have stowaway hoods so barring riffs on the concept its not going to be common.

Anyone use Nikwax/Grangers type shit to re-waterproof something? I have some Schoeller pants that have lost pretty much all their repellency. Bought some Nikwax wash today but it was $15 and I didn't know at first but you use the whole thing for one wash. How well does that stuff keep the effect? Would hate to be dropping $20 every other month on pants that were already $200+.

yeah I just did the wash and honestly I'm not even convinced it did anything

If you got tech wash it doesn't reproof. Did you throw it in the dryer?

For washing tech garments I use Atsko sports wash which is MUCH cheaper and you just use one capful per wash.

Edited by Redmau

That ACRxPool parka was a heartstopper

tumblr_nbqkumCMy01tuhngno1_1280.jpg

Lest we forget ( it is remembrance Sunday here in the UK after all )

this brought a question to my mind, can anyone think of a similar similarly cut jacket (with regular sleeves)? looking for a short parka like that, preferably a similar material (less synthetic feeling).

this brought a question to my mind, can anyone think of a similar similarly cut jacket (with regular sleeves)? looking for a short parka like that, preferably a similar material (less synthetic feeling).

nonnative usually do a couple in this vein each year.

hiker coat from aw 15

NN-J2803_BLACK_b.jpg

http://nonnative.com/nn-j2803/

fit photos - http://rodengray.com/products/hikercoatcpminiherringbone#image2

and the traveller coat from ss 15

rimg5434.jpgnonnative-coat-1.jpg

http://factory-market.com/market/blog/archives/15149

Edited by merzbot

Posted Today, 03:41 AM

I just want clothes that evoke the following feeling look combined with a shielding against the elements, sorry for the image heavy post and no actual real garments but you get my intention, originally posted in the 'Style Inspiration' thread but I felt might be at home here as it is very much tech ableit a vaporwear type thing.

I imagine I may not be alone in the sentiment?

So far only get ACR coming close that are actually wearable and it seems that their aesthetic is getting closer too, both stylistically and in size/scale wise, moving away from the more form fitting to a looser layer approach.

tumblr_nxexx1Bggc1uizg0oo1_1280.jpg
tumblr_nqamqxgPSN1sq7vr5o1_1280.jpg
tumblr_nt8xttppcF1s5dlrdo1_1280.jpg

tumblr_mro7b8KHoK1sfa0r3o1_540.jpg

Nah, I'm right there with u dude. I draw a lot of inspiration from scifi stuff. I find a real home in acronym and similar gear.:)

I kno they have their place and their fans but I find stuff along the lines of outlier and similar terribly boring on the spectrum of techwear.

Random fit:

5BEDF539-967A-4F3D-8F74-DCDBFB75A9AC_zps

Edited by jbob24

I just want clothes that evoke the following feeling look combined with a shielding against the elements...

So far only get ACR coming close that are actually wearable and it seems that their aesthetic is getting closer too, both stylistically and in size/scale wise, moving away from the more form fitting to a looser layer approach.

It must be said that the loose J54 is the highlight of the season. Did you pick up the XL? I would love to see the patterns and how Acrnm is stitching it together; the construction looks unreal...

Nah, I'm right there with u dude. I draw a lot of inspiration from scifi stuff. I find a real home in acronym and similar gear. :)

I kno they have their place and their fans but I find stuff along the lines of outlier and similar terribly boring on the spectrum of techwear.

fwiw Outlier's been releasing small capsules of experimental styles over the past year or so. While their bread and butter is still the basic OGs/Dungarees there have been other interesting looser stuff

TFAaKqN.jpg

gEupVuR.jpg

Funny you mention those. I bought both of those hoodies and returned both as they were so poorly executed. Bummer 😠Points to them for trying something new though. Their bags have been winners lately however.

Edited by jbob24

Funny you mention those. I bought both of those hoodies and returned both as they were so poorly executed. Bummer Points to them for trying something new though. Their bags have been winners lately however.

I can't get behind the outlier bags as rolltops are an annoyance to me. I might have kept the doublehood if it was a proper outer layer i.e. weather resistant. There were issues but it wasn't that bad. I prefer that direction to what's invoked in TEKsevenZERO's images anyway. Looking past the cool robot models to the actual clothes and I don't sense scifi but more old school wasteland explorers of the desert — keffiyeh, epaulets, (safari jacket?) — and of the arctic — balaclava, backpack, (parka?) — so I think the doublehood is more futuristic.

I'm more ambivalent than you about acronym's return to loose fitting clothing. Partly it's due to our specific biases: TEKsevenZERO is a tall dude who can fill the loose XL fits while I'm little and limited by the lack of XS sizing. More generally I feel loose clothing demands lots of layers while my philosophy is to wear as little as possible.