Late pass on the waterproof denim question--

Some Japanese labels have experimented with a denim outer and goretex liner. Specifically Original Fake and Junya Watanabe come to mind. Possibly Nexus 7 as well (who collaborated with original fake). I had a pair of the OF jeans and actually wasn't that into them. They were an early iteration of goretex and not particularly breathable in the summer and didn't retail enough heat in the winter to work.

I think a few labels have also used windstopper, which is pretty water resistant but not waterproof per se. Probably no surprise, but you tend to see that kind of stuff more for winter collections.

This season Loro Piana has a winter 5 tasche regular fit jeans which ticks almost all the boxes:

• water resistance (loro piana rain system coating)
  • stretch (1% elastane)
  • breathable lining (cotton/cashmere)
  • minimal branding (easily removable back label) 
  • machine washable

cHcFgMzm.jpg

NB: there's also a similar slim fit pair offered at MrPorter with a little more elastane (3%) but no mention of the water resistance...

Edited by SuE

This season Loro Piana has a winter 5 tasche regular fit jeans which ticks almost all the boxes:

• water resistance (loro piana rain system coating)
  • stretch (1% elastane)
  • breathable lining (cotton/cashmere)
  • minimal branding (easily removable back label) 
  • machine washable

cHcFgMzm.jpg

NB: there's also a similar slim fit pair offered at MrPorter with a little more elastane (3%) but no mention of the water resistance...

Those are some serious Dad-core jeans. 

Yo.

For those looking for tech jeans - probably motorcycle jeans like Saint are the closest you are going to get to real technical jean fashion - with Dyneema sewn in for abrasion protection. But that is actual technical vs technical fashion. If they had woven in some stretch too, then that would be the best you could get.

But more importantly - what is going on with Acronym 3A bags? Seems like the releases are much fewer and classics are gone (or ruined like the 5TSR with that horrible branding on the bottom). I'm about to pull the trigger on an Arcteryx Khard since I don't think they will ever release an updated 7 backpack.

I'm a new member. Long time lurker. Sorry if I repeat something that has already been covered. I haven't read the entire urban techwear thread yet.

I was wondering if anyone has ever seen the Skapya Pioneer Jacket and Rucksack ( http://skapya.com/product/skapya-waterproof-jacket-rucksack/) in action and what their opinion on it is. It seems pretty interesting. But when it is in jacket mode, is there lots of pocket space for whatever you are carrying, so you can go right into Rucksack mode. Or does everything need to be taken out and reorganized every time you switch between the two?

Also, has anyone had any experience with Black Rabbit? ( http://blackrabbit.jp)

Yes (assuming the particular outlier pant you want is in stock)

This is becoming more and more annoying and has driven me away from Outlier slightly over the past few months. I understand they're bootstrapped and yada, yada, yada; but at some point, if you never have even your core products in stock, your customers are going to spend their money elsewhere. It wouldn't be so bad if they were just a little more transparent and weren't paranoid about talking about upcoming releases.

Nike Wants to Win Winter With a $185 Hoodie

OfMa1dd.jpg

The sportswear giant has been working hard on winter-wear and spent three years developing its new breathable running shirt...

The Oregon-based apparel giant, ever-keen on innovation, is hoping that the fabric and techniques in these clothes can change the sportswear game as much as its Flyknit shoe-weaving technology shifted the footwear market...

Nike's broader message is that layering — the mantra of every ski instructor and mountaineer since Edmund Hilary wrestled Everest — is silly. With the right clothes, a snowbound runner needs just two layers, spokesman Charlie Brooks explains. Scratch that. Not "clothes." Nike's new gear is "wearable technology"...

what are some good, slim-ish water and snowproof pants? not baggy but not regular pant cut either (ie not acronym or veilance). I like the cut on these but I don't think they are proper waterproof.

preferably black or some non-color (grey, olive), stealthy looking.

What do you plan on using them for? 

Isaora utility pants with similar composition got me through walking around a hokkaido winter. I wore long johns under, and slim sweats for really cold days. They got a little wet but never soaked in snowfall thought they worked pretty well without going into completely outdoor/technical gear. 

What do you plan on using them for? 

Isaora utility pants with similar composition got me through walking around a hokkaido winter. I wore long johns under, and slim sweats for really cold days. They got a little wet but never soaked in snowfall thought they worked pretty well without going into completely outdoor/technical gear. 

ideally, both for "basic" outdoor use in the fall (going to the park with my kids when its wet etc) as well as proper winter use (literally sitting in snow etc). For the latter they'd need to be totally waterproof of course.

For years I've used a pair of ski/snowboard pants which are a shell, so I can use them in the fall and in the winter I wear various layers underneath. But the cut is pretty awful, they're too baggy like most similar ones are. I'm wondering if I could find something a bit more sleek but with similar technical features.