product_view.jpg

Im retiring my giro atmos, thinking of getting this poc. Reviews seem really good. I have one of their snowboard helmets, really like the design. Shame they dont offer black. Ill be switching to a white helmet to see if it keeps my dome any cooler. 

anyone make a stealthy cooler bag?

Not specifically stealthy, but this is the best 12$ ive spent in a while. Get some of the reusable flexy freezer packs and this thing rules hard. 
Edited by EG562

giro atmos

Im retiring my giro atmos, thinking of getting this poc. Reviews seem really good. I have one of their snowboard helmets, really like the design. Shame they dont offer black. Ill be switching to a white helmet to see if it keeps my dome any cooler. 

Not specifically stealthy, but this is the best 12$ ive spent in a while. Get some of the reusable flexy freezer packs and this thing rules hard. 

Both good recs—thanks.

Techwear thread! I maybe need some help. I sold a bunch of stuff lately and bought some other stuff I nebulously considered "cool" and kind of ended up accidentally at a pretty decent techwear look. I don't actually tend to wear techwear (and I live in Hawaii so I will never, ever, ever be able to wear this here) but hey, I'm kinda making a decent progress towards something anyways so why not? Can anyone suggest some mid layers to go under the jacket that aren't just black/olive/camo? I'd love something in a white or really light tan. Trying to keep it affordable since this is definitely not my usual everyday type of stuff, otherwise I'd be decked in acronym probably.

Giro New Road vest in glacier grey.  I have one and quite like it.

thanks. thats the kinda shit im looking for. stealthy was probably the wrong word to use. more like cool bags that arent a square box.

anyway. bought one on etsy. more denim bros style, but looks pretty cool.

The Viridi-Anne FW15 Lamb Leather Down Jacket (also Cotton / Nylon)

"The lamb leather was originally developed by Mizuno for golf gloves. The leather has been treated to be water repellant while being soft and supple. All zips are waterproof."

qlO1RIrl.jpg
453Jgp1l.jpg

By the way, does anyone have any experience of the efficacy of these hybrid high neck funnel hoods? I'm banking on it replacing my scarfs/gaiters next winter...
jUty2Zqm.jpg
U5qUVvlm.jpg

Anyone have any recommendations for bicycle helmets? SF Cycling threads seem to be a bunch of imgur content showing off rides or 4+ year old threads talking about old helmets.

I've tested this one in 2014 while in the arctic :

http://torchapparel.eu/

it's an amazing concept, might be interesting for urban commuter. I said artic but it's not a particularly warm helmet, I was wearing a balaclava underneath . the light system works pretty well...

Edited by bento

I've tested this one in 2014 while in the arctic :

http://torchapparel.eu/

it's an amazing concept, might be interesting for urban commuter. I said artic but it's not a particularly warm helmet, I was wearing a balaclava underneath . the light system works pretty well...

This looks interesting but I am indeed a little mindful of ventilation. Summers here can be quite hot. That said, it would keep me from having to get a lamp on my bike.

Actually very happy with the Y-3 Boxing Classic II  , which I find more low key. Yet pretty awesome...  I like some of the Qasa but find them like a bit huge sometimes

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone got a recommendation for a small sling/shoulder bag/fanny pack to only carry one mirrorless camera and a couple of batteries?

My only requirement is that I want the strap to be the small, 25mm type and so far I've only found two bags; Acronym's 3A-2 and Bagjack's Sputnik.

Opening/closing the 3A-2 is going to be a pain in the ass and my wife hates the Sputnik, so I've been looking for alternatives for the last couple of hours to no avail. Anyone?

^ i asked a similar question to this in the backpack thread, but figure i'll repost it here.

not a backpack request, but this is the most active thread.

can anyone recommend something similar to the dsptch waist bag (http://www.dsptch.com/collections/packs/products/waist-bag-black)? i already have two dsptch bags so want to try something else.

a fraction bigger would be fine too.

prob will end just getting the dsptch.

Edited by conqueror

I recently got some of the uniqlo dry active shorts and i was suprised how techweary they are.

The best thing is they have a gusseted crotch! i don't know why they don't mention it on the site, i don't think i've ever seen a mainstream brand do a gusseted crotch. They also have a reverse coil zipper security pocket that's rather techy. The material is super stretchy and the fit is very, very close. I have fairly modest legs and got my regular size (s) and they still cling to me when i sit down. Range of motion is pretty good due to the stretch though. They are very airy, lightweight and extremely quick drying, but they're polyester so if you're prone to sweating they will pick up that poly stink fairly quickly. Probably would've been better in nylon, but for the price they're pretty neat and a viable alternative to some more expensive tech shorts.

A New Camouflage Pattern Now in Fashion for the U.S. Army

the Army is getting a redesigned combat uniform, with tweaked detailing and accessories, which entered select Military Clothing Sales stores Wednesday, and will gradually be absorbed into soldiers’ existing wardrobes. While some of the changes are subtle: the mandarin collar is replaced by a fold down version; the sleeve sports two pen channels, rather than three; combat boots come in what the Army calls “coyote brown†(very J. Crew) — one change is broadly significant: the print...

The new print looks like a combination of the Universal Camouflage Pattern and the Multicam, complete with blobs, rather than pixel shapes, and darker colors.

Why should this matter to those who are not themselves part of the army, or closely connected to the army, or whose camouflage of choice might be denim, or a navy single-breasted suit, or a sleeveless shift dress?

What sets the new camouflage apart, however, from all these older camouflages is both its aim — to be usable in all terrains — and some controversy around its origins, with some suggesting it is too similar to the Multicam design, the pattern created by Crye Precision...

In any case, all of this makes the Operational Camouflage Pattern potentially more attention-grabbing than other camos, and hence even more likely to have some fashion fallout...

Hardy Blechman on the Versatility of Camouflage and the Religious Motifs in maharishi's 2016 Spring/Summer LCM Show

Military-inspired motifs continue to lend themselves to the streetwear landscape, how do you continually reinvent military themes without being redundant?

The Spring/Summer 2015 show is a good example of how we’ve reinvented military themes yet again. I haven’t seen too much camouflage made of white and orange, or woodland prints with riffs of purple. I’ve been making camouflage for the last 20 years and there’s still so much in my archive that I want to showcase. Yet, I’m only allowed to exhibit a certain amount a year. There’s unlimited resource out there, and you can reiterate in so many different ways just by playing with colorways, scales and techniques. Camouflage represents nature, art and design. There’s no limitations in the way it can be reinterpreted...

Is there a standout piece from the collection for which you’ve developed a special affinity? Whether through design or a particular story?

I particularly like the 3XDRY Sweat Cape. The cape is designed to be a crossover of Buddhist and Catholic dress, yet its water-repellent and moisture wicking qualities give it a fresh variation. No matter how hard it rains or how much you sweat, the wearer will stay comfortable and dry...

Anyone have any recommendations for bicycle helmets? SF Cycling threads seem to be a bunch of imgur content showing off rides or 4+ year old threads talking about old helmets.

This collapsible helmet by Brooks England looks cool and seems to function nicely. 

https://www.eastdane.com/collapsible-bike-helmet-brooks-england/vp/v=1/1578801654.htm?folderID=23422&colorId=12867 

brooks-england-carrera-helmet-2014-03.jp

BUYER’S LOG | SS16 Paris Fashion Week Re-Cap

...Up next was visiting The Soloist. Always a personal favourite, this season Takahiro came up with an awesome technical collection loosley inspired by Liam Gallahger, Oasis and Cycling.
gZXYgLAl.jpg

Insane attention to details from Takahiro Miyashita. Nobody comes close. Peep the Head Phone inserts on the storm hood. And if that wasn’t enough every fabric used in the collection was treated with a waterproof coating.
MixrCUsl.jpg

Above and Beyond. TAKAHIROMIYASHITA The Soloist x End Zipper Clasp over Talon zippers. Insane!
aiMqmy9l.jpg

Adidas x White Mountaineering Sneak Peek...
ctYhHjRl.jpg

Jiberish dropped a look at thier F/W 16 Grand Cru line and it looks like they've stepped their game up. All 3L 20k/20k and they've managed to make the prices signficantly more reasonable. 

Preorder starts Wednesday and theyve got some nice shit from last season on sale now http://www.jiberish.com/collections/jiberish-grand-cru

11745447_979787942041389_635625351581405

11745733_979814642038719_722297140625015

11745733_979814645372052_729927043332609

11267240_979829012037282_310457011478681

11028033_979820168704833_684916010354714

Edited by artfullydodged

If anyone has been looking for a performance military spec. bomber jacket I would highly recommend buying this seasons N.Hoolywood Pertex Bomber. The fit, construction and detailing is perfect, and it is also made in Japan. 

http://shop.havenshop.ca/collections/n-hoolywood/products/nylon-bomber-jacket

http://www.fwrd.com/product-nhoolywood-bomber-jacket-in-gray/NHOO-MO20/?d=Mens&srcType=plpaltimage&list=plp-list-18

20150129_1422902.jpg

Edited by SonnyCheeba