"NativeDanger is a directional sportswear brand that merges the gap between future and present. Born from the desire to deliver a fresh perspective in an understated and wearable format while meeting the 'black op' needs of life in the metropolis."

ShortSleeve_W_Crop_Vest_Off_White_1_gran

looool

Edited by WillKhitie

I was wondering if anyone has tips on handwashing this N.Hoolywood Felt Taped Pertex Peacoat I recently purchased. I was hoping to put it in my front load washing machine on the handwash/wool setting as the tag says only to handwash. The outer shell consists of 90% wool/10% nylon and the pertex lining (polyurethane coating) is 58% nylon/42% polyester. Not sure if the nikiwax wool wash would be suitable or not, if anyone has any suggestions I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks

items27023_5b.jpg

any suggestions on a ~25L backpack for travelling/backpacking? I bought one today but realized I want one with more "structure" rather than one that ends up like an empty sack if it's not full. reason being I'm worried about my camera getting tossed and slammed around if the bag is too billowy.

also other requirements would be sternum and hip strap as well as side water bottle holders

Edited by Ecotrons

any suggestions on a ~25L backpack for travelling/backpacking? I bought one today but realized I want one with more "structure" rather than one that ends up like an empty sack if it's not full. reason being I'm worried about my camera getting tossed and slammed around if the bag is too billowy.

also other requirements would be sternum and hip strap as well as side water bottle holders

How about DSPTCH ruck?  No hip belt, but I've carried more than 25L (and 50+ pounds) in other bags (no personal experience with this DSPTCH one) and haven't felt the need for a hip belt. 

Edited by piece keeper

How about DSPTCH ruck?  No hip belt, but I've carried more than 25L (and 50+ pounds) in other bags (no personal experience with this DSPTCH one) and haven't felt the need for a hip belt. 

For loads of 50+ lbs, you really do need a hip belt unless you want to damage your back, neck and shoulders.

Hey, I would suggest the Arcteryx Arro 22 Backpack. Has all the features you listed and more, but is limited to 22L. Also quite reasonably priced at $180 CAD.  

Here is the link if you want to see the full features:

http://arcteryx.com/product.aspx?language=EN&category=Packs&subcat=Daypacks&model=Arro-22-Backpack

Arro-22-Backpack-Black.png

Edited by SonnyCheeba

DSPTCH's daypack fits the bill minus the exterior water bottle pocket. I've carried mine daily for about 6 months now, I love it.

Take a look at Alchemy Equipment. Their 25L daypack doesn't have a hip belt, but has "a protective EVA exoskeleton" to "provide additional protection.

If you bump up to their 30L bags (rolltop, zip, or top loading versions), they add a hip belt.

Overall, aesthetics are great and prices are in NZ dollars.

http://www.alchemy-equipment.com/collections/luggage.html

Hey techwear dudes, has there ever been a good looking thigh-length water-resistant softshell jacket? I don't want/need a full-on hardshell, just something that will keep me warm and dry on the way to the train station

define how warm/how dry? the apsis above for example is ultralight and definitely a summer/windbreaker piece. 

I'm using a Patagonia softshell right now on days when the weather is terrible (something like this: http://www.patagonia.com/us/product/mens-all-free-jacket?p=83020-0&pcc=1128). Keeps me warm and dry in light rain, not crinkly and with a bit of weight to it - don't like Gore-Tex. I'd love something like the Apsis above in a similar fabric. Had a Paul Harnden ventile cotton mac, but once it got wet, it took forever to dry, whereas the Patagonia is dry 30 minutes after getting to work.

Edited by nicelynice

i have a veilance monitor sft (softshell gtx) that has a matte outer face fabric and a low-nap fleece interior. definitely not a summer piece, fully waterproof but not as plastic-y as your run of the mill gore-tex. 

Some nice looking packs there, how's the construction?

It looks good in the specs and the glamor shots, but I don't have any direct experience. I heard about them through Carryology coverage. They seem to be relatively new but are off to an impressive start. The apparel looks pretty good, too.

I'm mainly looking at the 25–30L day packs for lightweight travel. It's hard to find something clean and urban that still offers conveniences like a water bottle pocket. I've looked at nearly everything.