all these generic tech wear  brands are getting real stale, trying to ride the trend.

pockets, taped seams, thumbholes yada yada

wish they would do some actual research on new ways of doing things

happy holidays

Edited by eloq

Anyone know of any good sales? I know inventory's got some veilance on sale and Haven's online Boxing Day sale is supposed to start on the 28th I believe

Nomad, gravity pope, understudy, Rapha, icebreaker... Not that many items/sizes left though

It is possible to get the wrinkles out of this jacket right?

mi3cvGx.jpg

I'm thinking of picking it up. It's the Valdez from 08

I had the same problem the first time I washed my veilance field lt because I left it in the dryer too long.

Its gore tex so get something like grangers 2 in 1 wash it around 40 degrees c, tumble it for about 30-40 mins to set the proofer and then hang it immediately.

If you lravr it in the machine the creases will heat themselves in. I thought had fucked mine but washed it again and its perfect.

Edited by sp@rks

To set the poofer? What do you mean exactly?

Alternatively could I just drop it at the dry cleaners? Or would there be a risk in them fucking it up?

Good deal for 600? The guy said he got it off one of the Sufu mods here. One part of the lining is ripped but looks like an easy fix. I'm not too sure how much these older versions go for. 

Appreciate the help guys!

Some archival ACG displayed during the ACG relaunch via Gary Warnett's blog here. Can't relate much to the article (a lot of the references are lost on me), but the descs alongside are gems.

Hope they put it there as some sort of long play "subversive" foreshadowing of things to come. Like, maybe they're sitting in an office, discussing a 4 season rollout plan where they start it in the city and gradually move it out back to the mountains. I don't know anymore.  :(

acgcervinoparka.jpg?w=1200&h=1200

acgsnowpatchspire.jpg?w=1200&h=1200

acgclimafitmicrofiber.jpg?w=1200&h=1200

Did anyone pick up the acg fleece pants, any feedback?

For reference I purchased the size LG pants, and I am a 35" waist 32" length.

PROS:

• Fabric is gorgeous. It is the same tech fleece that Nike uses on their white label crew neck ( I own 2 and I cannot say how much better it is compared to the original tech pack crew, which I also own). It is a 2 color tech fleece, the outer layer being black and the inner is a dark charcoal heather. The stretch is far improved from the original tech pack fleece and it also washes down better and does not look like neoprene.
  • Construction and details are fantastic (with a few exceptions that I will note below).
  • The hidden hand pocket for your phone is great. Positioning felt a little odd as the pocket bag goes towards the back, but I am assuming this is to prevent it from slipping out while sitting down. I do prefer the thigh phone pocket that @Erlsn does on the ACRNM pants or the hidden zipper size seam pocket found on MW's Division chino.
  • The back zipper pockets are a nice touch, as are the semi auto lock zippers. (however, zipper pulls would have been a nice addition as these are usually included on Nike's tech pack and white label collections). My guess is they were cut due to cost.
  • The articulation on these is 'ok'.  They feel like P10's and have a severe taper @ the ankle. The hem construction is also bonded and does not stretch very much, so when I initially put these on my heel caught.
  • The overall construction isn't bad. But for tech fleece I would have preferred flat lock seaming to remove any seam allowance from the interior. It makes the garment lay flatter and allows the articulation to work better and be more apparent.

CONS:

• For 200 USD these are overpriced. They are neither trousers nor sweatpants. Just some weird hybrid that doesn't make sense. I would have preferred he designed these in a nice double weave 4way stretch fabric and added belt-loops and scrapped the drawcord @ the interior waistband. Or made them true fleece pants with a functioning fly and done a hollywood waistband with elastic @ the interior and the drawcord exposed outside. As they are right now they are this weird pant hybrid that I can honestly not see myself wearing out (provided they fit me which they don't).
  • The fit block is all fucked up. This screams @Erlsn. These pants have deviated from the Nike fit block, which works for me just fine. All ACRNM pants fit me poorly just to preface. And the waistband on these feels exactly like the P8's and P9's that I have owned. It is too rigid and too nipped in @ the top block. For a pair of athleisure pants that are supposed to not impede movement, the waistband should be much less restrictive and stretch with the fabric. (Fleece fabric SHOULD stretch). Designing a rigid waistband on a stretch pair of pants is just poor judgment IMHO. This goes back to my point above. He should have picked a direction. Done a fixed waistband minus the drawcord and adding belt loops. Or done a stretch elastic waistband with an exterior drawcord.
  • Feel too much like fuccboi pants. I hate HBA and anything WANG. Joggers and tight ankles are not really my style so this point is purely personal. But these feel less techy and more trendy.

My personal consensus is that I hate them, and they will be getting a return. If you have a super slim frame and are on the taller size I believe these would work fine for you. If ACRNM pants fit you fine then you will love these. However I would recommend going to an XL if you are not a TRUE 34" waist. Like ACRNM pants the LG will only comfortably fit a 32-34.

After getting eyes on the collection as a whole I feel like it is a huge miss for Nike. The jacket and sweatshirt are completely devoid of articulation. And Nike's tech pack collection had loads built in and it worked, but they just let @Erlsn take over and remove everything. I think the choice to use PACLITE for a 500 dollar jacket was a mistake. They should have at least used regular GORETEX even with a cheaper backing fabric and it would have improved the jacket ten-fold. They dri-fit t-shirt is 'OK'. There is nothing spectacular about it. It feels identical to the white cotton tee that they did in the Italian made pinnacle collection a few years ago that had the same bonded on chest pocket. The shoes were the only big win for me and the robo-coppers got them quick. The boots looked amazing (even if the chukkas have slippery soles). The backpack was cool, and it felt very ACRNM-lite. But for the price it should have been waterproof and taped. Not just water-repellant.

Edited by firstdoorontheleft

I don't really know anything about these guys but Taiwanese techwear startup (been around since last spring or so) 4Dimension are having an end of the year sale. (20% with code 4DMSN) 

Link to shop: http://4dimension.bigcartel.com/

*Valid Period : 12/30 2014 - 1/10 2015

*Discount : 20% off
*Voucher Code : 4DMSN

Pics:

27.jpg

%E5%AF%A6%E7%A9%BF.jpg

Edited by Endless

Has anyone seen the nike act backpack in the flesh

Is the same matrial acronym use?

Any opinions

i just returned it, as well as the 2-in-1 jacket. I agree with pretty much every comment the guy above you made. Collection is overpriced imo, and feels kind of 'faux-technical'. Shame.

Edited by dgtl-rn

My personal consensus is that I hate them, and they will be getting a return. If you have a super slim frame and are on the taller size I believe these would work fine for you. If ACRNM pants fit you fine then you will love these. However I would recommend going to an XL if you are not a TRUE 34" waist. Like ACRNM pants the LG will only comfortably fit a 32-34.

After getting eyes on the collection as a whole I feel like it is a huge miss for Nike. The jacket and sweatshirt are completely devoid of articulation. And Nike's tech pack collection had loads built in and it worked, but they just let @Erlsn take over and remove everything. I think the choice to use PACLITE for a 500 dollar jacket was a mistake. They should have at least used regular GORETEX even with a cheaper backing fabric and it would have improved the jacket ten-fold. They dri-fit t-shirt is 'OK'. There is nothing spectacular about it. It feels identical to the white cotton tee that they did in the Italian made pinnacle collection a few years ago that had the same bonded on chest pocket. The shoes were the only big win for me and the robo-coppers got them quick. The boots looked amazing (even if the chukkas have slippery soles). The backpack was cool, and it felt very ACRNM-lite. But for the price it should have been waterproof and taped. Not just water-repellant.

This is all a bummer to hear.

The jackets are actually paclite? The images on the webstore show a tricot backer which would indicate standard Gore-tex. I haven't seen them in person though, if thats the case that's ridiculous. 

Edited by larssss

Has anyone seen the nike act backpack in the flesh

Is the same matrial acronym use?

Any opinions

I got it but haven't really used it yet. Doesn't seem like xpac or any of the laminates. Plus it wasn't designed by Errolson. But it's still a really cool bag. On the big side, lots of room. There is a bit of a problem tho. Even when loaded with a macbook air on the laptop compartment it seems to be front heavy so if you lay it on the floor it will fall forward. Maybe I should play around with it a bit more. Overall I'm happy with the purchase.

This is all a bummer to hear.

The jackets are actually paclite? The images on the webstore show a tricot backer which would indicate standard Gore-tex. I haven't seen them in person though, if thats the case that's ridiculous. 

I just checked the site and looked at the interior photo closeup and you are correct. I was mistaken about the PACLITE it does have a tricot backer.

So my initial comment about 500 being ridiculous for the 2 in 1 is now moot. 500 is not bad at all for a GORE shell with an insulated liner. I still stick by my comments about the articulation tho.