New ACG looks like Superdry with all that writing on it

I thought the same thing.  I really wanted to like the 2-1 but ultimately I don't want to wear large items with branding - particularly Nike branding.   No hate but the jock associations are too strong for me.

That said - the cut on this jacket is perfect and I'm saying that as someone who just returned a Veilance IS Field Jacket that was twice as expensive because it has shitty patterning (I'm "athletic" and even with gussets I got cuts in my arm pits.  The body of the 2-1 felt like a team of tailors and engineers had slaved over a model of my torso to get the most flattering fit.  I could raise my arms like I was doing pull ups, swing my arms, etc without the jacket pulling or bunching in the slightest. The only real functional imperfections being the Velcro cuffs, no pockets big enough for an e-reader, and that the second chest pocket was sort of gimmicky.

Both footwear items were dorky tho imo.  I'd rather get the original SFB Chukka or white Flyknit version.  Same with the backpack - looked really gaudy and cheap.  Like a knockoff-hybrid of a MR Three Day Assault Pack and a Lexdray.

Edited by fals3

Huge surprise! Acg 2-1 jacket for 1k on the electronic bay smh

I'm sure it'll sell, it wasn't interesting enough of a buy @ $550 and there's a gt-j43 right below it in the same size @$880. Good luck with that one :)

Edited by jbob24

I don't know, I don't own any but I'm under the impression packite is much thinner and lighter than gore pro. It should be reasonably breatheable.

I get clammy in any coat so I'm a bad judge of that :)

I don't know if it's because I'm short (30" inseam) or maybe a result of the way they were folded for shipping but the fabric around the thighs of the acg tech fleece pants seems to bunch up a bit in an odd way. Will have to consider whether or not to keep these.

Edit - actually they're so comfortable and effortless to wear I think they're a keeper.

Edited by Dr Jonboy

Stone Island Spring/Summer 2015 Lookbook and First Drop at End.

Winter collections are done, right? After the ACG/ACR and Outlier releases last week, I don't expect any more late surprises.

So... what's your favorite and/or underrated techwear from this past FW season?

Under Armour Magzip collection probably deserves a little more buzz: 

meanwhile I can't zip up a Veilance IS jacket despite using both hands...

i went with my normal tech fleece pant sizing on the ACG pants and they were way too big.

navy acg pants size large under 2nd gen size large tech fleece pants. disappointed there arent zippers on the side pockets and the plastic button snap seems cheap on a pair of 200 dollar pants

B5gV8XTCEAAtfW9.jpg

Yeah, mine feel huge too... does tech fleece shrink much in the wash? debating washing vs sending them back.  Not real sure I love them enough to warrant $200 on a pair of fucking sweat pants.  No side zips is a miss...  :sad:  Sure are comfy tho... 

How do u tell the difference? srs question, jus came in post today and I'm torn. don't want a jacket thats gna get clammy on me.

2L GORE-TEX® PERFORMANCE SHELL

the gore-tex layer is bonded to the outter fabric. needs lining. ideal for most outdoor activities.

GORE-TEX® PACLITE SHELL

the gore-tex layer is coated with a layer of oleophobic fabric and carbon fiber. no lining makes it lighter. ideal for sports activities.

GORE-TEX® SOFT SHELL

you have the outter layer, gore-tex layer and fleece layer. ideal for cold and wet conditions.

GORE-TEX® PROSHELL 3L

made for extreme conditions, outter layer bonded to gore-tex layer bonded to gore-tex microgrid. strong bond makes no friction between the layers which results in longer lifespan.

GORE-TEX® ACTIVE SHELL 3L

the latest and probably the most advanced gore-tex fabric. lighter gore-tex layer integrated into lining. the lightest and target for intense sports activities.

(translated and shortened from tilak website)

Yeah, mine feel huge too... does tech fleece shrink much in the wash? debating washing vs sending them back.  Not real sure I love them enough to warrant $200 on a pair of fucking sweat pants.  No side zips is a miss...  :sad:  Sure are comfy tho... 

they shrink a bit when you first wash them but then stretch back out. i would send them back for a smaller size

With the same collection as the last 4 years... ;)

But hell, it's still fucking cool! Everybody wants that sweater, and cool that it finally seems to get into production.

Although last time they even did the wholesale trough a special portal from the-glade and you could place orders and after that...dead silence.

Edited by shadows

Wow, they seem really down to earth these guys ..Dc the one Kabul the next.. 

That double passport pouch.. I have been there traveling to Lebanon the year after I visited my brother in law who is a journalist stationed  in Israel. My government provided me with two passports at little cost but warned me to leave the one with the Israel stamps behind at home. If it was to be found I could face espionage charges.. Same thing when  I visited the US later that year, the Lebanon visa would surely have given me a thorough search..So why anyone would travel with both is beyond me..

If you're curious about the studio behind the D3, we just published a review for the year. 

If you're curious about the studio behind the D3, we just published a review for the year.

your link is broken. here's the link

After three years of R&D and extensive field testing we launched the D3 Traveller Duffel and a number of accessories. We reached our 3 month’s sales target in the first 2 weeks, a testament to a very singular product focus. 

We have a number of products in the pipeline for 2015 that will continue to address our team’s unique travel and work needs: ultralight, strong and discreet luggage and accessories that are suitable for field work travel in more challenging environments. We have no desire to be mainstream and enjoy the journey as much as the destination...

Studio D maintains a no-wheels approach to packing. The most popular carried items on the team include: SDR Traveller gearMission Workshop; a pico projector, poster sized post-its and the Aerobie coffee press. Mitchum the bluetooth speaker bought from an electronics shop in a China-Myanmar border town, is a peculiar mix of Scandinavian Siri x shanzhai x Her, a product truly born from Shenzhen. Macs to compute, Canons to shoot... 

Camera Rucksack/Sling bag?!

Edited by SuE

Got my 2 in 1 yesterday, little Christmas pressie for me!

I went for the blue colour way and I really really like it, colour is lovely and the branding is minimal. I'm very happy there's no swoosh on there.

For me the fit is on point, I'm normally on the larger size of medium but will normally order medium first in anything and size up if I need to. The acg is fitted but roomy if that makes any sense, I guess it's the athletic cut they mention.

Reminds me of my veilance node is, snug but great coverage and movement without mi shaping the fit.

Quality is also pretty good, it's not veilance/acr but it's better than nike and I'm pleased they used gore tex. It's still expensive but the liner is a nice touch.

Overall I'm very happy.

"High fashion meets high performance"

New startup called "ABSTRAKTBLACK", sounds interesting to me and the branding was subtle enough. Not a big fan of the jacket they've released so far but I'm hopeful for what they may release in the future since their design philosophy seems to be on point.

(Would've included pictures but I'm posting this from my iPad, still, Merry Christmas / Happy Holidays to you all!)

http://www.abstrktblack.com/shop/

Edited by Endless

New startup called "ABSTRAKTBLACK", sounds interesting to me and the branding was subtle enough. Not a big fan of the jacket they've released so far but I'm hopeful for what they may release in the future since their design philosophy seems to be on point.

Their design philosophy seems to be rick owens, so far.