I like this discussion going on here about it. I wonder if that photo was leaked / put out on purpose to see how receptive people would feel towards it?

To chime in on things, the idealist in me hopes that it's truer to the original ACG ideals. I'd be partial to the side that would be sad to see something less than a moderately different shoe. (Think Airmax One: ACG Wildwood)

Waterproofing Flyknit Chukkas just feel very lazy in the sense that it's too obvious a solution for to me. The way I see it, it's either just going to fall two ways, Nike partnered with Errolson to...

a. make as quick and as big of a buck as they can out of this

b. rejuvenate and continue on with the ACG legacy.

I really do hope it's the latter.

I like this discussion going on here about it. I wonder if that photo was leaked / put out on purpose to see how receptive people would feel towards it?

To chime in on things, the idealist in me hopes that it's truer to the original ACG ideals. I'd be partial to the side that would be sad to see something less than a moderately different shoe. (Think Airmax One: ACG Wildwood)

Waterproofing Flyknit Chukkas just feel very lazy in the sense that it's too obvious a solution for to me. The way I see it, it's either just going to fall two ways, Nike partnered with Errolson to...

a. make as quick and as big of a buck as they can out of this

b. rejuvenate and continue on with the ACG legacy.

I really do hope it's the latter.

I would feel it to be the latter, as I really cannot see that many folk outside this and VERY few other forums have an inkling who Mr Hugh is or more importantly what he does.

It can only be a good thing for Nike, I have always loved the ACG line since buying the Mowabb on release in 91 along with my GT Zaskar !! and it was always my first go-to when looking for new shoes / gear. The line was never big and was always left field when compared to the usual sport/fashion of the day so that appealed to me, along with the more eccentric and forward thinking design aesthetic that it brought, which a lot of theme trickled down to the mainstream later on.

Though I differ to you in that I hope that it progresses from it's former self into something a little more different, and I guess that is what the preview hints at - a more urban/city based c/w high functionality and less ' off the beaten track' of it's former self.

Lets face it, there are many outdoor companies now, but only a few of 'our' type.

The big money guns are behind something that could be quite special and it will be VERY interesting to see if any ACR IP will been seen in an hybridised fashion, so-to-speak.

After all ACRONYM was a design agency prior to the clothing line appearing as an entity before as we have seen in the work with Recon so, really, this is nothing 'new' just much higher profile now the Oregon team are in the house ! 

it can only be a good thing, and more exposure for Mr H can only be better for ACR in the long run?

interesting times....just wish I could be at 1948 for the 18th...bummer

ACG has never been known for being subtle either. 

i really think this is worth noting, along with a bunch of other points. waiting is all we can really do—i just hope that the end result isn't the techninj ideal "ultra-quiet" aesthetic. some kind of balance between that and acg's "noisy" design language would be optimum—again, we'll see. 

that aside i remember asking gary warnett on twitter for input regarding several acg models; somewhere in the brief exchange was him noting that ACG had "big things planned" for end 2014/all of 2015? so who knows what else is in the pipeline? 

i keep hoping that the salbis will finally see the light of day

nike-acg-salbis-2-570x371.jpg

i remember asking gary warnett on twitter for input regarding several acg models; somewhere in the brief exchange was him noting that ACG had "big things planned" for end 2014/all of 2015? so who knows what else is in the pipeline? 

Maybe Nike ACG + Power Laces  :rolleyes:

Edited by Funk

Insulated Traditional Shirts (i.e. natural material face fabrics unlike the more common nylon primaloft/down overshirts)

Isaora Insulated Oxford (white, navy). Cotton/Elastane, Primaloft, Nylon lining

my mini-review

Pros

It's a white cotton button-down shirt.

Machine washable

Slim fit

Warm and Weatherproof. The lower the temperature, and worse the weather, the more questions and compliments received. Worn comfortably in -10°C snowstorm with only a base layer underneath (typical question that day: "OMG, where's your jacket?!")

Cons:

It's a white cotton shirt. Gets dirty easily and requires washing after a few wears

It's a tradition slim fit design that has a limited range of arm motion compared to other articulated tech shirts

It ensures warmth by keeping the primaloft evenly distributed along the shirt using those horizontal stitches *ugh*

O3mbGww.jpg

LLBean Maine Guide Shirt (plaid - red/black, blue/black, green/black). Wool/Nylon, Primaloft, Nylon lining

I'm surprised they still sell this.

m9rXufN.jpg

Norse Projects Jens Overshirt (charcoal melange, dark navy). Worsted wool, Primaloft, Nylon Lining 

Not a button down -- studs, zips and elastic instead.

6YFqIcUl.jpg

Eastlogue waterproof down shirt (charcoal). Ventile, Goose Down, Nylon lining

sleeve pocket suggests it's a shell not a shirt

rN2r5tb.jpg

Outlier Soft Core Rain Shirt (navy). Supermarine, Primaloft, Merino Wool lining

a grail

dCu8Jfw.jpg

Any others I've overlooked? (Preferably with a wool lining)

Insulated Traditional Shirts (i.e. natural material face fabrics unlike the more common nylon primaloft/down overshirts)

Isaora Insulated Oxford (white, navy). Cotton/Elastane, Primaloft, Nylon lining

my mini-review

Pros

It's a white cotton button-down shirt.

Machine washable

Slim fit

Warm and Weatherproof. The lower the temperature, and worse the weather, the more questions and compliments received. Worn comfortably in -10°C snowstorm with only a base layer underneath (typical question that day: "OMG, where's your jacket?!")

Cons:

It's a white cotton shirt. Gets dirty easily and requires washing after a few wears

It's a tradition slim fit design that has a limited range of arm motion compared to other articulated tech shirts

It ensures warmth by keeping the primaloft evenly distributed along the shirt using those horizontal stitches *ugh*

LLBean Maine Guide Shirt (plaid - red/black, blue/black, green/black). Wool/Nylon, Primaloft, Nylon lining

I'm surprised they still sell this.

Norse Projects Jens Overshirt (charcoal melange, dark navy). Worsted wool, Primaloft, Nylon Lining 

Not a button down -- studs, zips and elastic instead.

Eastlogue waterproof down shirt (charcoal). Ventile, Goose Down, Nylon lining

sleeve pocket suggests it's a shell not a shirt

Outlier Soft Core Rain Shirt (navy). Supermarine, Primaloft, Merino Wool lining

a grail

Any others I've overlooked? (Preferably with a wool lining)

diggin the norse and outlier ones

What is Mission Workshop pants sizing like? I wear a 31 in Outlier, not sure if I should get 30 or 32. What about the district henley? 

MW pants are loose through the leg but the waist is more truetosize than Outlier - so go 32.  District Henley fits true.  I'm 140, a bit under 6 foot and S fits well across the chest.

Really digging goretex shell with the concealed hood.

Would really love to see more of that bag though.

EDIT: looking closer, I'm pretty sure both jackets are the same, just one has more branding?

Edited by t-a

I actually like the color way on the boots, and the pants look nice enough I'll probably try to grab a pair. That jacket is a big miss for me though. Like Sue said, a little too hba for my tastes, I bet they sell a million of them :)

Nike's going to take over that HBA/Wang segment of the sportswear market. At least the functionality is there

glad to know i'm not alone in having thought so upon looking. stuff *looks* cool regardless and i'm sure build is up to par—the romantic in me wishes there was more of that neon insanity that i love so much about ACG but then that's not very ACR is it?

guess i still have my sentiments set towards the old sophnet "mt fuji" acg collabs

Edited by kH0yA Sw@Gp0o