Sorry I should've mentioned that the repellancy only stops in some areas after 2-3 minutes. The rest of my jacket has no issues for what I can tell (my walks to school don't take too long). It's this unevenness which concerns me... I've never paid this much for a shell and this performance is making me think I should've just gone with Arc'teryx.

Which areas? The seams are the weakest areas normally. Do you wear a backpack? The pressure from tight straps cab reduce water repellancy

Hey guys, what are your views on the Acronym E-J21? Was considering pulling the trigger on the one on grailed but then I realized that I have no clue as of when I would be able to wear it. Would look weird during warm sunny days but would be too cold when it's a bit windy and there's risk of rain. Only time I could see the short sleeves actually being a benefit is during hot summer showers, when it's too hot to wear a normal shell jacket. But then again, your arms will get wet...

Also, the same guy is selling the WM BLK dagger vest, a big grail of mine. Such a shame that it's an XL but maybe it fits someone else.

(BTW: I'm not affiliated in any way with the seller.)

Hey guys, what are your views on the Acronym E-J21? Was considering pulling the trigger on the one on grailed but then I realized that I have no clue as of when I would be able to wear it. Would look weird during warm sunny days but would be too cold when it's a bit windy and there's risk of rain. Only time I could see the short sleeves actually being a benefit is during hot summer showers, when it's too hot to wear a normal shell jacket. But then again, your arms will get wet...

Its not quite the same as I have the whole set-1 with the matching windstopper sleeves but I manage to wear the jacket alone all the time :) it looks great with some layering underneath. Ifs super comfortable up to ~75f or so and I have no probkem wearing it down into the 40s with some merino or polartech under it

Brand mixing: I'll take a better one later :)

DFB7BE92-BFB6-48F8-857C-310DDE0622FB_zps

Edited by jbob24

PSA: for those of you in NYC, really good sample sale with stuff from Isaora and Veilance (amongst other). Isaora is practically giving stuff away, shells are only $75 so really worth it!!!

Anyone know if its worth going on the third day or will everything have been picked over.  Returning my IS Field Jacket so I've got some decent spending money now.

Anyone know if its worth going on the third day or will everything have been picked over.  Returning my IS Field Jacket so I've got some decent spending money now.

I left around 7 last night and there was still a lot of stuff left, 2 full rack of Veilance and a huge section of Isaora, huge section of Ervell, etc.

I know these Undercoverism shoes have been drooled over a bit on here. Stumbled across them during a totally unrelated search, seller has it listed really stupidly so if there your size you might get them cheap.

Yeah, I've seen it, we follow each other on instagram. It doesn't say anything...

Don't get me wrong, I want to believe, but I want some evidence too.

Edited by Brainboy

William Gibson x Buzz Rickson Black Deck Coat

2Sl7jSSl.jpg

Buzz Rickson have updated last year's duffle coat by changing out the closure system from toggles to black Speed Snap Hooks. They nailed the fabric which is heavy but extremely soft, the upper hand pockets are awesome, and the fastening system is great. We wish more coats came with these types of hooks.

Buzz Rickson Original 34oz Black Melton Wool
Removable Neck Strap
Speed Snap Hooks
Four Front Pockets
Made in Japan

Speed Snaps

William Gibson and Buzz Rickson teamed up to make this really nice deck coat. Those speed snap hooks are fucking awesome. I don't understand why more jackets don't utilize speed snap hooks. I also like the handwarmer pockets a whole lot. There's actually not too much I dislike about this jacket, which is tough because to be a part of the Fashion Illuminati you always have to find a few minor details that you wish you could change just a little. Pointing out minor tweaks is how you prove to everyone around you that you have better taste and more knowledge than them.

Paging our resident Fashion Illuminati member, firstdoorontheleft, to explain why speed snaps isn't a trend yet.

p.s. Self Edge also has the Gibson x Rickson MA-1, B29, Duffle Coat and Wool Watch Cap

So Basically ACR is helping ACG to be in competition with itself?? 

That doesn't make sense to me. Because ACR is making high quality stuff that Nike's mass production probably won't have.

I know Mr. Errelson has done some collabs in the past but reviving ACG with your own abbreviation being that close..

Even if it's a small capsule collection, I don't think he would benefit from it in exposure for the label he is running. 

And Nike..please let the ACG gear moniker for the outdoor stuff, but then again  Nike's marketing department and product department have had so much misses that they have to rely on outside input (HTM,Kanye,Fragment )heavily to sell their product. They probably thought this was a great idea as everything is already there (logo heritage etc)...Nike has been out on  the Veilance trail since their first M65 ripoff a couple of years ago.I am probably not wrong in expecting this to be along those lines

But just like Arcteryx it would have been better to sell that under a different name because the reason the lonesome ACG drops work is because  of that heritage.. Now you stand the danger of fucking it up for the second time.

Edited by aso2004