Tried on the new waterproof rubber chuck taylors today in Milano. I've never owned converse shoes before. I didn't buy them yet, scared that my feet will turn into a sauna. Cop or drop in favor of all black leather ? Thoughts?

Os8W2q1l.jpg?1

Here are more pics http://www.highsnobiety.com/2014/09/06/converse-chuck-taylor-all-star-rubber-collection/

...disregard the un-JM'd roshes

^ How's the sizing on those? I fucked up ordering a praetorian hoodie last month so I haven't tried anything from TAD. Cancelled the order cause they had the same one in tacwrk.com (located in germany so no import duties). When I got the reply from TAD confirming that the order was cancelled it was already sold out in tacwrk :(

Edited by deadsunrise

I've got the TAD Stealth Hoodie LT and have been giving it quite a lot of wear over the past year.

I've got a ~43inch chest and opted for a L since layering would've been hard with a M, for me at least. During the winter I was rocking the jacket with both a Veilance insulator jacket and a praetorian hoodie without problems.

Quality is great, as far as I am concerned, but I've never owned an Acronym jacket, so I can't say how it holds up against them.

Thanks for talking me into ordering a TAD hoodie and a henley, jerks. Now my wife is going to give me grief and it's all your fault.

Seriously though, the stuff looks great for the price. Looking forward to trying it on. I went with a small in both pieces based on their size chart. I'm a 38" chest and typically wear small in AV and medium in Outlier.

Thnks for all the info on TAD.

Stealth lt is more a stand alone piece imo. Looking for a softshell for wearing with my gt-j28 with some water repellency.

Maybe the TAD Ranger hoodie.

Any thoughts?

TAD gear is great, if you don't want something so militaristic in appearance check out the Arc'teryx mainline piece the Ephus, it's a soft-shell with a composite hood.

They also have a stretch wool soft-shell called the diplomat jacket. Both are pretty standout pieces (and yes, I own both so I'm a bit biased).

hollegolf how about the arc'teryx ephus was looking at this a few weeks back, looks good and firstdoorontheleft mentioned in the acronym thread yesterday that it's 'the single best soft-shell he has ever worn', I'd say it's worth a look ;)

Word

Also, so I don't clog up the thread posting. Just saw that Isaora dropped their new FW14 "Move better" collection.

It's amazing how far down on Nike's dick they are. Just shamelessly ripping off the Bonded jersey tech pack collection with their new pieces. The hoodie is even stealing the clean finished/bonded kangaroo pocket that Nike made signature on their pinnacle reflective metal hoodie and the AW77 tech pack piece.

Nike:

109518_en_maxi_0.jpg

Isaora:

Studio_Session-238.jpg?v=1410218711

Nike:

69253.jpg

Isaora:

Studio_Session-196.jpg?v=1410326443

Edited by firstdoorontheleft

Thnks for all the info on TAD.

Stealth lt is more a stand alone piece imo. Looking for a softshell for wearing with my gt-j28 with some water repellency.

Maybe the TAD Ranger hoodie.

Any thoughts?

The ranger and ranger lt are fleece pieces, if anything you'd layer them under a shell rather than over it. The stealth is cut to accomodate a fleece or other insulative garment underneath.

Thanks for all the information.

Been looking at arcteryx too. I have several pieces already, but I like to try other brands.

Going to try on the ephus, but still keeping an eye out for TAD. Too bad that TAD is really expensive in Europe.

When I made up my mind, I will let you know. Really like the way everybody reacts and in a short timeframe, THANKS. 

Are there other pants comparable to Acronym P16A-S? Loose fitting with a taper at the bottom. Don't need to have lots of pockets necessarily. I'm struggling to find techy pants that fit me after Outlier phased out Keirin cuts...

b2Vvte1.jpg

Veilance voronois? I found them to be pretty roomy.

Looking for rain jacket/soft shell recommendations for under $300. Needs to be waterproof since I live in Seattle and will have a lot of rain. I've looked into the usual Patagonia, NorthFace, etc. Just wondering if anyone on here would have something to mention that I might have overlooked.

Thanks