Hoping this hasn't been discussed here before. What is the quality and material of Cote&Ciel bags like? I've been looking at the Isar and Nile packs for a while now, but I'm a little hesitant to pull the trigger because it seems to be more design over function/utility.

I have a Nile in Obsidian and it's a lovely bag. While the hood is a bit of a gimmick, the compartment where the hood stows actually turns into a handy outer pocket for quick grab things like your passport or whatever. It's a pretty big bag as well so while you can get absolutely loads of stuff in it (I did a 5 day trip just taking the Nile, although it was pretty heavy), sometimes it feels a bit too big for small trips to the shops, etc, so I end up taking out a smaller backpack. The laptop compartment is really good and i can get a soundcard, midi controller, audio cables and power supply all tucked away in there. On the plus side, it has lovely clean lines but the flipside of that is a lack of pockets/compartments on the exterior so you end up throwing your water bottle in the main bag, which can be a bit of a pain.

It's not a perfect bag in my opinion but it is good and looks beautiful.

Has anybody handled isaora's mac coat in bone?  Is the sizing crazy as in other of their pieces?

Also... does it get as dirty as it looks like it would?

9YVkhqH.jpg

Maybe I'll go for the wetworker,  @jbob24 have you received it yet? first opinions?

Edited by deadsunrise

Nope, should have it Thursday :)

I'm a large in everything else I wear so I just grabbed a large without looking at measurements, hopefully it fits pretty trim like the fit pics on their site.

I'll try to take some pics when it gets in

So I recently purchased a pair of ProofNY pants from the dealsite huckberry .com.  I ordered the nomad pants in ashblue (the only model and color available). They got here today and it seems that huckberry sent me proof's surface pants instead. They're comfortable, well fitting, and well sewn throughout (no loose threads or messy stitching on the belt loops.) I ordered proofNY because everything I tried on from outlier was too slim on the thighs for my taste. I'm unsure if I should keep the surface pants, or try to exchange for the nomad pants instead.  Could anyone who's familiar with the two offer a comparison? The number one feature I want is durability. I don't usually spend this much on pants and want them to last a while.  I'll probably contact huckberry even if I keep the pants to let them know about the error.  The pants don't have the model names on them, so you have to check the material list if you want to know what type you have.  I'm sure it was just a simple shipping error, but I'm curious if I"m the only one it's happened to.

Saw this on slickdeals, thought they would be pretty cool as cheap beater options for the upcoming winter. They don't look half bad either. 

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Magnum-Mach-Speed-Collection-Tactical-Police-Army-Military-Boots-Multiple-Styles-/351121711550?customid=c78e3ac616014e3d8f12be3cb2c32e17&pub=5574652453&afepn=5335869999&campid=5335869999&afepn=5335869999

Edited by Method

Has anybody handled isaora's mac coat in bone? Is the sizing crazy as in other of their pieces?

Also... does it get as dirty as it looks like it would?

Maybe I'll go for the wetworker, @jbob24 have you received it yet? first opinions?

I got my order today :D I didn't go too crazy, just picked up the wetworker jacket and the bonded sweatpant.

I dig the pants, they're an awesome material, very soft and thin. Nice pocket layout, I'm not crazy about the cuffs at the ankle but I'm probably going to cut these into shorts anyway :)

But the jacket! I'm conflicted, I both love and hate it. I ordered my usual size Large and it ended up fitting well, I'm 5'11", 190lbs. More athletic with pretty wide shoulders, it fits me well across the chest and such. Seems like you could layer something reasonably warm under it, but I wouldn't try stuffing any thick sweaters on and then get into it. The silhouette it creates is very nice, almost like a nice leather jacket might. It's super lightweight but has a very nice, rigid structure.

I have no idea what the material is but the DWR is excellent, the outer face feels durable (best I can think of to describe it is similar to some old German surplus Goretex pants I have) and the inner is smooth.   It's thin enough that anything you put in the pockets prints on the outside. The welding is interesting and looks very well done.  They use the welds along with some carefully placed areas of double fabric to give the jacket some rigidity. We'll see how it holds up longterm. Same for the color, I'm certain it'll stain eventually but's a really nice shade of almost pale grey.  Just enough color that I think scuffs and such will blend in but don't get grease or pens on it. I'm wondering about color transfer if you wear a bag that will rub on the back/shoulders or sides.

The hood sucks. It feels like an afterthought and has no structure/articulation other than the tiny brim or any drawcords so it just flops around when it's out or when you put it up. The pockets on the front aren't that great, I really wish they had zips to keep water out, chest pocket is nice but small. I can fit an iphone with a case on in it ok but anybody with bigger phones won't be able to get it in. The sleeve pocket is awful. Its too small for anything that I carry, the phone doesn't fit and the zip is garbage (very hard to open/close). The front jacket zipper isn't very smooth but that may just need some time to break in.

The sleeves and back length are OK if you're just going to be wearing this as a casual coat, the sleeves come down to the middle of my hands, and back comes down to just below where I wear my belt. If you're doing anything active though, there are some real deficiencies. When your arms stretch out in front of you, there isn't enough material or stretch through the back to keep them from popping halfway up your forearms. If you raise your arms up, the coat comes up past the belly button. If you bend down, the back will come halfway up your backside. If you're getting rained on, you're probably gonna get real wet, maybe that's why it's the "wetworker" :wacko:

Couple other things I noticed that I don't like, there is welding throught the coat but then at the sleeve articulation, they're stitched and not taped on the inside, there is some stitching reinforcement throughout the coat and none of it has taping on the backside.

I realize I just typed a shitload and most of it was negative, but I actually do like this coat. It just feels like a first draft that could use some refinement. I haven't decided if I'll keep it or send it back, it fits and looks excellent, just not as a rain shell :)

Here's a terrible picture, it fits damn near how it looks on the site:

65F8C07B-DAF8-49CD-A108-9D668D45D1EA_zps

Edited by jbob24

After re-reading that, I think I came off a bit harsh/nitpicky.  I need to remind myself that I've been wearing ACR shells for the last year and it's not really fair to be expecting similar levels of detail from this jacket @ $250.  For the price, it's an excellent piece of tech with a few experimental touches that I still find I can appreciate even next to a $1200 shell.  :)

So, full disclolsure before I post this: Isaora sent me the shorts here for free, so maybe there's a conflict of interest but I'm going to try to be as honest as I can about them (which doesn't mean shovelling undeserved praise on them). 

Isaora reached out to me and sent me the Train Better shorts, but by the time I'd got them I'd managed to take out a shoulder due to a lifting "accident" (read: shit form) and I didn't really feel like wearing techbro stuff to my physiotherapy appointments. But I'm definitely doing better and finally got a chance to wear them out actually doing something more active than yoga. So, I took them slacklining on Waikiki beach yesterday. First up, the fabric is super lightweight, like, they're the lightest weight shorts I own. Living here, that's a damn godsend. They're also pretty thoroughly breathable which is nice (not the material itself as much as the holes punched through it in a suitably ninja-in-shorts way. They managed not to get messed up at all in a few hours of tumbling off a slackline into the sand.

p9bfS53.jpg

That said, there's a singularly weird design decision I can't quite understand: the tie to tighten the shorts itself has a ton of give to it. So, you need to tie it pretty damn tight so that when you let go the slack doesn't just render how you tied it useless. If you're closer to the size of the shorts themselves I imagine this is less of a problem, but the small was pretty big on me (but the fit of everything else would make me guess I'm too big for an XS). I'm probably going to try to find something else to replace the cord with, but again I think that's just a byproduct of me being smaller than normal that makes it so important. They've also got built-in underwear-liners, which means they'd work nicely for me for yoga if I don't want my dick flopping out during a headstand. Always an important consideration.

Also, Isaora gave me a buttload of discount codes if anyone wants to get something from them. If I had the money to drop on more Isaora stuff right now I'd almost certainly grab the swimwear, it's so hard to grab something with a good technical look for swimming vs. bro-as-fuck boardshorts.

So yeah, hit me up if you want an Isaora discount code?

We've not had much bag chat other than ACRNM here so thought I'd add this in:

Recently got one of these Watershed's

37567-1--450-auto.jpg

and I'm really chuffed with it - good shape and comfortable, size varies nicely because of the roll top and the seal/zip lock function is great once you get the hang of it. I take the straps off and lug it like a short handled tote occasionally too.

I'd have bought the charcoal off them directly if I was in the states but didn't fancy the taxes. I think they do some pretty cool stuff with radio waves in the construction for added tech points.

http://drybags.com/about.html

Anyone recommend a good quality plain white tech t shirt, just want something that fits well and feels nice to wear under my veilance jackets.

Looked at the outlier merino ts?

They aren't really white, if that bothers you.

If anyone is interested there is a rather nice SI:SP Peacoat in Large up for sale on the 'Bay ( not mine and no connections) I have not seen this piece before but appeared in FW10 I think along with the tech wool blazer someone on here keeps going on about !

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/STONE-ISLAND-SHADOW-PROJECT-P-COAT-BLACK-CP-LARGE-/221530310902?pt=UK_Men_s_Coats_Jackets&hash=item33943c48f6

stone_island_shadow_project_p-coat_grand

I'd love the jacket so hoping someone here snaps it up - great piece for the coming Winter.

Watershed make some seriously wild and user-specific shit. Nice buy.

Yeah cheers - I'd always thought they were on a shiny Ortlieb type tip but the muted colours are great.

I've got a question about 'durable' pants - if I'm not too concerned about stretch what sort of options are out there? I've just got some Engineered Garments NYCO fatigues as I've read good things about NYCO. Outlier have discontinued their NYCO's but is there anything else?

Anyone recommend a good quality plain white tech t shirt, just want something that fits well and feels nice to wear under my veilance jackets.

Looked at the outlier merino ts?

Sunspel? More trad than tech, but who can tell when it's a t. Outlier t is great, and the merino is very high quality with a nice weight, but as others have expressed I would be hesitant to get 'white' merino. I read on an outdoors board that they deteriorate more quickly because of the bleaching, and that seemed to be my experience with a lesser brand.

Rapha has an additional 10% off sale items right now (Summersale10). Some good stuff in there. 

Picked up the transfer jacket when it went on sale and that thing is great, super warm, lightweight, not the most packable, but definitely up for heavy wear both on and off the bike.

Sunspel? More trad than tech, but who can tell when it's a t. Outlier t is great, and the merino is very high quality with a nice weight, but as others have expressed I would be hesitant to get 'white' merino. I read on an outdoors board that they deteriorate more quickly because of the bleaching, and that seemed to be my experience with a lesser brand.

yeah got a few sunspel ts but i find the fit odd, next buy is a Riviera polo though