aaaah the red bag ;_; would you be willing to take photos of notable details and such? was trying to wrap my head around its construction when i was looking at it on flannels

also curious to know how it qualifies as "over-designed", so to speak

OK, on the flannels pics it is in briefcase mode which just makes things more complicated.

R0055617.jpg

On the bag you can see that on the large flap there is a zip that runs across the edge. This picture is of the bag on its back with the large flap opened ((pause)note the QR buckle on the top left) and the aforementioned zip open and folded back. This would be the main way to open the bag in A3 backpack mode (as opposed to the backpack made when using the shoulder and waist straps as a backpack).

The metallic nylon fabric is what is visible throughout the whole of the inside of the bag. Through the open zip running down the flap you can see the material that is between the patterned outer and the metallic inner fabrics. The colour is somewhere between a basic red and orange but darker. It is more heavy duty and coarser than the other fabrics, I would've liked to have seen the material from the other side because the texture is smoother when pinched and rubbed together from this side than from the other side. This material is obviously there to add durability, structure and some waterproofness.

The pink-ish PARSEQ pentagon label had me hella confused because it has the same thing on one of my SP jackets which is whole garment dyed. I was thinking shit like 'oh they must put stickers on the outside to get the pattern' but then I realised... they just dye the fabric with the labels and then sew them on. Welp.

I cant figure out what this zip running down the middle is for. There are also two snaps on the part of the flap that has been folded back(Not in view).

R0055621.jpgI assume they connect somehow to the two snaps seen here but I am not sure what for. This picture is what you see when you open the bag in messenger bag mode. The divider in the white inner bag just gets in the way tbh . When the inner bag is removed it is just the red/orange material.

R0055624.jpgThe two holes mentioned in my previous comment.

Edited by TIMDOT

I think the bag is overdesigned because there are certain little features, some are mentioned above, that the function of which is far from obvious. I believe the main function of the bag is to be messenger bag and the other transformations should be used when needed, that is, if they are ever needed. But the thing is, it's not a comfortable bag and can be clunky. The angle the bag sits at means that the plastic adjusters for the waist strap dig into your batty crease if its low and your lower back if its higher and swinging the bag around, opening it and getting stuff out isn't smooth because of the way it was designed to be used in other ways. The main examples of this are that once you have lifted the flap the zip opening has to be pulled apart and it restricts your access to the inner contents another would be the flap itself is quite heavy and also restricts access to the bag.

Now, this was an extremely ambitious product the premise of which is very cool, four bags in one. I cant think of ways of improving the problems of the bag without impinging on this gimmick.

If they ever release a bag without the four bag gimmick and in a cool fabric designed more with comfort in mind and at a lower price point I would be very tempted to cop. Would you?

Anyone have experience with White Mountaineering BLK sizing? Looking at the no stitch mountain parka in a size 2 and the measurements seem smaller than S in a lot of my other jackets -- Nanamica Cruiser, Patagonia Torrentshell and Penfield Gibson...

Size 2 (M) was too big for me. I'm 5'9 and 68 kg (narrow shoulders), and size 1 (S) is perfect. Fits a thick sweater inside, because the jacket is wide enough (for me..). Size S has been right for me in Nanamica too, though I haven't tried the Cruiser..

---

excellent, thanks for all the info! doesn't it look like that middle zip in the first photo is little more than a rudimentary pocket built into the flap? seems complicated to set up the various modes; maybe tweeting errolson will yield results???

regardless it looks great that's for sure x_x

otherwise there's always this photo for (minimal) reference if you haven't already seen it 

tumblr_n5oa3uIcoy1tql8kio1_1280.jpg

[more comfort + lower pricepoint would indeed be very tempting]

Edited by kuya swagpoo

+1

I'll be in London this weekend and could use some guidance. Apart from the Stone Island flagship... any other recommendations?

Maybe Nike 1948 and maybe dover street market. End clothing is probably the best place in the whole of the UK but I'm not 100% sure that all their online stock is available in store. Other than that, glglglgl hfhfhfhf.

Come to think of it, I cant remember the last time I bought some UT type stuff in person. All of the wicked sales are online.

+1

I'll be in London this weekend and could use some guidance. Apart from the Stone Island flagship... any other recommendations?

Arc'teryx store at Mercer street (Covent Garden) is definitely worth checking out. 

And there is a Rapha store literally next door to Stone Island. 

Edited by Brainboy

Arc'teryx shoes looking whack as hell

Agree. Definitely not urban techwear style. Looks like something a 38yo vegan  glutten free mom would wear to bike her kids to school on a cold winter morning. If you can picture what i mean...

Edited by aleporte

Agree. Definitely not urban techwear style. Looks like something a 38yo vegan  glutten free mom would wear to bike her kids to school on a cold winter morning. If you can picture what i mean...

If the approach shoes come in black I can see them fitting in in the same vein as Nike Combat boots etc. I really like the seamless construction and the 'shell' approach. The colours throw me off but from a tech point of view I'm really interested.

Edit: I'm told there will be a LEAF release, which means solid black and possibly green variations. Officially interested.

Edited by MoreToasties

+1

On the same street as Stone Island you have Machine A, which sells Cav Empt, and just over the road from Stone Island you have Maharishi, which has an awesome store.

The Arcteryx shop in Covent Garden usually only has a couple of Veilance pieces left from SS13, but they told me a while ago they were going to get FW14 in stock, not sure whether they will though. 

Also around Covent Garden you can find Opening Ceremony (just down from the Apple store) where you can find a few pieces of UT (they used to sell Isaora but not any more) and there's a Y-3 shop on Floral St near the tube station. Up by Seven Dials (still Covent Garden) you can find a few shops like Foxhall that make some techy pieces occasionally (I got a great softshell hoodie from them last year), just over the road from Adidas Originals and Carhartt.

Down the west end, you can find Dover St Market (always worth a visit, especially the basement where they have Visvim etc) and Rick Owens (if you're that way inclined).

If you're around the east end (Shoreditch), there's a few shops around Shoreditch High St like Mr Start (Rivington St) that sell a bit of Arcteryx Veilance, Cote & Ciel bags, etc. There's also another shop that I can't remember the name of that sell stuff like CP Company near the top of Shoreditch High St, just down from Religion.

Worth having a look round Carnaby St as well, although not much UT. There's another Y-3 shop just off Regent Street on Conduit St that carries some different stock to the Cov Garden store (and you'll grab the end of the sale this weekend as well), and you may as well pop into NikeTown on the corner of Regent St and Oxford St for a look round.

I'm sure there's a few other places that i go to but that's as much as I can think of off the top of my head.

Maybe Nike 1948 and maybe dover street market. End clothing is probably the best place in the whole of the UK but I'm not 100% sure that all their online stock is available in store. Other than that, glglglgl hfhfhfhf.

Come to think of it, I cant remember the last time I bought some UT type stuff in person. All of the wicked sales are online.

Could also have a peep in Stone Island  I think on Brewer Street in Soho - they'll a little collection of Shadow Project in the corner skulking like a scorned child !

Green qasas in stock in most sizes at http://www.sivasdescalzo.com/store.html/filter/brand/adidasy3

Tempting...

Me and Tek have both got them and they are indeed gorgeous, amazingly comfy and get a lot of stares. However, the all-blacks are probably going to drop in the next 2 weeks so you've possibly got a decision to make. Forest ninja or stealth ninja?

Not sure if 'tech wear' is the correct place to post but I find they look bloody nice with ACR pants, you can pick these up for a damned fine discount from Hypebeast right now around 70% off Kris Van Assche Crocodile sneakers, just remember to use EXTRA20 for just that! :

https://store.hypebeast.com/brands/krisvanassche/white-croco-pattern-low-sneakers

Kris-Van-Assche-Croc-Sneakers-Spring-201

Edited by TEKsevenZERO

And boots:

18399.jpg

After being impressed with every deadbird item I own I can honestly say I'd wear them up a mountain. But, you know, actual function is such a trifle.

On the same street as Stone Island you have Machine A, which sells Cav Empt, and just over the road from Stone Island you have Maharishi, which has an awesome store...

Damn I missed so much. I've never actually been to the Machine A shop before. Never had a reason to before I realized it stocked CE.

On the same street as Stone Island you have Machine A, which sells Cav Empt, and just over the road from Stone Island you have Maharishi, which has an awesome store.

Was there week before last and Machine A are completely sold out of any CE. The Stone Island store has a sale on remaining Shadow pieces but there was not much left.

Those deadbird boots are awesome.

SISPFW13SeptNP1.jpg

So this was last F/W SISP and I've been trying to find one since. I got to try it on in Haven but it was the wrong size, it's definitely at grail status and I sure as hell don't need it in Honolulu, but if anyone sees one crop up in small could you tell me?

Edited by Igneousity