I'm eventually getting rid of my car so I can bike everywhere but I need to make some wardrobe changes.

I'd like to be able to ride to class and not show up covered in sweat this summer. I've already got some outlier shorts on the way but besides a few airism tees I don't own anything near technical. Is my best bet to start with merino wool tees?

I'm eventually getting rid of my car so I can bike everywhere but I need to make some wardrobe changes.

I'd like to be able to ride to class and not show up covered in sweat this summer. I've already got some outlier shorts on the way but besides a few airism tees I don't own anything near technical. Is my best bet to start with merino wool tees?

Merino is likely your best bet. I commute to work when the weather allows and I've been pretty happy with Icebreaker stuff. Just remember something to wash your face with if you're the sweaty type.

and sometimes tech gear isn't enough. I get sweaty always - i'm in fine shape but still can sweat like none other even in mild SF weather biking everywhere. Look into getting a front rack or basket - helps keep the backpack off and the unnecessary swamp back that follows.

From cheap to more expensive:

-wald baskets

-SOMA/Velo Orange porteur racks

-nitto m-18 rack with a wald basket zip tied to it

-custom/Pass n' Stow racks

Got a pass & stow and I can't go back to not having a bike without a rack. In fact, 3 of my 4 bikes have some sort of rack on them whether it's for a handlebar bag or panniers for camping. I even sewed webbing straps onto my rack so I can just strap down a backpack without having to use bungees (bungees compress/pinch down your load crushing groceries and can even pop off and tangle themselves in your bike parts, breaking the adjustment dial on your brakes. Ask me how I know.)

91256020daeb11e2b61a22000ae80d92_7.jpg

does anyone have recommendations for techwear for women? apart from acronym, nike, outlier, or bluesmiths? i'm trying to build up my current wardrobe but i don't think i know the market well enough yet.

i did find this from 2013:

any others that could be added?

thanks!

Edited by crissyw

any others that could be added?

thanks!

Arcteryx mainline has some nice  stuff

edit: triple aught design also has a women's line as well

Edited by kravey

Merino is likely your best bet. I commute to work when the weather allows and I've been pretty happy with Icebreaker stuff. Just remember something to wash your face with if you're the sweaty type.

What advantages does Merino Wool have over a synthetic like heat tech?  Actual question, not trying to say they're equal

Junya Watanabe, Issey Miyake

don't know about current state but people talk about Prada and Jil Sander lots when it comes to 'technical' garments

White Mountaineering has a women's line now I think.

Prada's new business model is ripping off ACR and Arcteryx but without the quality at double the price. 

ACR = Acronym

ta ! - ((sorry I was being sarcastic towards my learned friend and slightly younger elder statesman & ex-pat Dr.G !))

Being and old git myself memory ain't what it used to be.......I think!

ACR=TLA=WTF = Yes OK!

silly rhymes for silly times ! 

What's up everyone. Been MIA for a bit working a bunch, but wanted to share this with you guys. You might have seen me post about a brand I work with, Endless Ammo, a mens tech focused line built in San Francisco. We just dropped a commercial we made with a friend of ours, Dan Melamid (built videos for Nipsey Hussle, Don Kennedy, A$AP Ferg and more), and really stoked on how this came out. Most everyone featured is affiliated with the brand in some way, riding for us, as an ambassador, supporter, etc. Just a bunch of solid, creative people. Shows some of the inspiration behind the line, sort of a day in the life in SF, and some of the pieces in the SS14 and upcoming FW14 range. Would be stoked if you guys checked it out. The focus of the brand is to build US made functional activewear, accessibly priced, and with a minimal feel. Basically, we want to build stuff ourselves that should be taken into the streets or backcountry and beat up and used. Not things to hang in your closet, never wear and worry about scuffs or dust. We're learning as we go, but I think we're finally on a really strong path. Hope you enjoy. 

Thanks man! It's been fun lately, we're finding some rad fabrics and really dialing in fits. Fred Segal in Santa Monica just got product in, doing a pop up shop on the Facebook campus...just putting the pieces in order. Skirmish shorts are killer, dual F-Stop pockets help a ton. Lemme know if you want anything, stoked to hook up Sufu homies.

I've been telling the guys inhouse to put measurements up for...fucking ever. I don't know why it's taking so long. PM me if there's something you want measurements on and I'll get them myself.

people who buy techwear are people who want every minute detail--if you haven't noticed on this thread.  gotta get on that.  your stuff's cool, but i'm not in the market for clothes for a while.

Thanks man! It's been fun lately, we're finding some rad fabrics and really dialing in fits. Fred Segal in Santa Monica just got product in, doing a pop up shop on the Facebook campus...just putting the pieces in order. Skirmish shorts are killer, dual F-Stop pockets help a ton. Lemme know if you want anything, stoked to hook up Sufu homies.

Any sign of a European stockist in the future dude? I'm sure there must be a ton of guys who want your threads but don't wanna pay the customs fees.