So this thread has been pretty light on swimwear recommendations.  I'm looking to pick up a new pair of trunks for the summer.  A few pages ago someone recomended the Hurley Phantom shorts.  The sale on those has since ended, and they're currently retailing for $120.  At that pricepoint would it make more sense to pick up a pair of outlier new way shorts with "water ready details so you can swim in them?"  They both have four way stretch, but out of those two I'd lean towards the phantoms.  Isaora also has swim trunks at 120 but they're not 4 way stretch and, IMO, have the worst styling.  Honestly I'd like to pay less and I think I might take a chance on the Frank Anthony Shorts currently on Kickstarter.  They're got cool colorways, long inseams (I'm 6'5) and retail for <50.  However I'm dubious of the tech claims made by the owner.  He claims that

This technology is very new and has been formulated in partnership with our textile supplier in 2014. The fabric which our shorts are made out of have been infused with billions of nanoscale hydrophobic whisker like barriers preventing water from absorption on every axis. The fibres which are infused with these whiskers are then treated for waterproofing capabilities to ensure the hydrophobic nanoscale whiskers are prepared for sublimation hydrophobicity. We then put the garment through rigorous testing involving chlorine and saltwater sublimations. We then test for abrasive errors to ensure no matter how many times you sit on that rock or concrete the fabric will not lose it's hydrophobic capabilities. We then blast the shorts with steam to ensure fabric breathability. These shorts have been designed and manufactured to feel no different then your most comfortable current swim shorts and we've spent all of our budget on insuring the product is of the highest possible quality.

He also claims the water treatment never washes out.

ac47b8235baa4703195b2c719a3facde_large.j

Black colorway

2df11b1ec1530fc0d1235a1652161083_large.j

One of the prints

511995fe5303b0aad1e52c00a693f99e_large.j

I think I'm going to pick up the shorts, but before I do I'd be curious to hear what you guys think.  I'm aware of the problems with kickstarter but I'll take a risk and hope the project ships on time and works out.  I'm more concerned about the fabric.  And if there's any tech swim shorts I missed or inaccurately described please correct me.

Anyone have experience with outlier's double bag? Thinking about picking one up for my trip. Decided to go to Europe btw.

Still need to find a good collared shirt and a packable shell, as well as figure out the footwear situation. I'd imagine bringing a pair of CP's and some nike frees on a backpacking trip is probably a terrible idea no? 99% of my trip would likely be in urban areas..

Edited by crucialkc

4th dimension fw2014 jacket (from their facebook):

10436096_260690987451010_202256012882140

J14-01b

(preview)

_Jacket

_2.5L Wateresistant Shell

_detachable sleeves

_hidden zipper pocket

available in this fall.

4dimension®

I'm looking forward to 4dimension's next collection, too bad it's not dropping until September. I have the cropped pants from their latest season that I'm pleased with, although they're not great for the Florida summer.

the fabric which our shorts are made out of have been infused with billions of nanoscale hydrophobic whisker like barriers preventing water from absorption on every axis. The fibres which are infused with these whiskers are then treated for waterproofing capabilities to ensure the hydrophobic nanoscale whiskers are prepared for sublimation hydrophobicity. We then put the garment through rigorous testing involving chlorine and saltwater sublimations. We then test for abrasive errors to ensure no matter how many times you sit on that rock or concrete the fabric will not lose it's hydrophobic capabilities. We then blast the shorts with steam to ensure fabric breathability. 

this quote makes me cringe 

Is-Ness

2014_ss_cat_52.jpg

2013_aw_cat_30.jpg

Search says the last time they were mentioned here was 2011, and to be fair their interesting pieces have been few and far between since then. Still, some nice stuff.

Great stuff toasties, any chance you know where to purchase?

Edited by firstdoorontheleft

Great stuff toasties, any chance you know where to purchase?

My Japanese is limited (to be generous), so the best I can do is point you here: http://www.is-ness.com/shop.html

The shell is likely long gone. Here's the vest: http://zozo.jp/shop/anlio/goods/3066512/?did= ...only a size 40 left though.

Edited by MoreToasties

I think I'm going to pick up the shorts, but before I do I'd be curious to hear what you guys think.  I'm aware of the problems with kickstarter but I'll take a risk and hope the project ships on time and works out.  I'm more concerned about the fabric.  And if there's any tech swim shorts I missed or inaccurately described please correct me.

you might want to check out bluesmiths 

Schoeller with NanoSphere has never failed me before 

💯💯💯

M3LEU7j.jpg

I wouldn't mind having a pair of Qasas, but 400+ US is a bit rich for my blood (never mind the obtaining/hype train right now on them), and I'll pass on visiting a reseller for more.

They're like little future ninja hovercraft for your feet. Kinda like how Fury's are like mecha feet.

A lot of people compare them to Roshes, but I think they're much differently orientated shoes, roshes being more of a 21st century chuck, and Qasas (at least the wrap style ones) being kind of more of a future take on a round toe tabi shoe.

I love the Qasa, but never apologise  for your taste, EVER ! 

I don't think there is any point comparing shoes as mentioned really, it apples & oranges  you know ?

Meanwhile another shoe I have rather fallen for that might be suited here:

14441939756_e2cbfee422_o.png[/url]

Rick Owens Adidas Tech Low !

Other colours too should you be so inclined...

Edited by TEKsevenZERO

Well I never, that came from the left field, I guess it should have been obvious but I have to say I never considered those puppies !!

I love them, my 2 fave shoes in one mutant hybridised form.

Def a Marmite shoe, and for those of you who don't know marmite and it's 'other' meaning, well, there's Google for you !

another pair to add to my very short list of pervy shoe desires (4 pairs ).

I am hoping to save and get a pair of P-15S/CH in an XL should anyone see any in the used market - they are gone forever from the store, shed a tear for me.

will prob have to try a L but really favour the loose caboose.

Edited by TEKsevenZERO

Well count me in and I have no joggers that you talk of and am old enough to be their father !

I love them, never give a toss what others are wearing - wear what you like.

I do not follow.

I do not lead

I just am.

waiting on the load out from Shadow Project now for AW1415

I NEED that hooded down jacket...