they have really nice prices and I was going to get a grey hoodie but they only ship to canada :(

As inkinsurgent says it sounds like schoeller's nanosphere, specially the ironing part: http://www.schoeller-textiles.com/en/technologies/nanosphere.html

In the end is a DWR, they just treat the fibers with DWR before knitting, looks like they have tons of fabrics in the soft shell group: http://www.schoeller-textiles.com/en/fabric-groups/soft-shell.html

Looks like a schoeller surface treatment. At any rate the issue with treated cottons is durability. Cotton frays, no two ways about it, and the fraying inhibits surface tension.

Biggest beef with cotton; when that shit is wet, it gets cold. And cold = death. There's a reason why "cotton kills" is such a big adage.

Biggest beef with cotton; when that shit is wet, it gets cold. And cold = death. There's a reason why "cotton kills" is such a big adage.

Gettin hypothermic while riding your fixie to starbucks.

Old/New Brands

Boneville

Boneville – The Return

Boneville disappeared back in 1993 having been one of Massimo Osti’s offshoot projects since 1981...

Boneville’s reappearance is due to avid Osti fan and long-term fashion industry businessman, John Sharp, who owns (amongst other things) Global Design & Innovation, the company behind MA.STRUM. John bought the Boneville brand back in 2012 and has been looking for the right team over the past two years to revive the Boneville name and carry on where Massimo left off, some two decades ago...

For the new season collection, there is a capsule range of 13 pieces, comprising outerwear, a cardigan, shirt, polo/t-shirts and a utility trouser...

There’s enough in the Spring collection to leave you wanting more and, fortunately, the AW’14 collection delivers. The first thing to note is the collection is a lot more extensive and certainly broader than I would have expected featuring a full spectrum of jackets, knits, sweats, shirts, t-shirts, trousers, jeans and shorts across two lines; Boneville and B.N.V. Sporting Goods...

EFM

Former Designer of MA.STRUM Launches EFM 2014

Donrad Duncan, creator of Victorinox/Swiss Army Apparel and former owner/designer of MA.STRUM unveils a new label called EFM, short for “Engineered for Motion.†Duncan explains the brand’s name is “the clearest explanation of what we are producing†— garments that are engineered, rather than designed, from a sporting or technical perspective. The objective is to add an extreme level of functionality and purpose to everyday goods. Take a standard blazer: EFM utilizes a nylon/poly weave fabric to add breathability and elasticity that is non-creasable, meaning no iron or steamer is ever needed for it to look fresh. We look forward to seeing the collection deliver come next Fall/Winter 2014.

Looking for casual/dress shorts that are made of nylon or something similar, Florida heat kills me and I'm usually walking around campus all day, is Outlier my only option for something that doesn't look Mil-spec like TAD Gear?

Oliver's Apparel shorts are pretty good for the price.

Also check out Mission Workshop, SWRVE, Chrome and (don't laugh) Lululemon. I have been thinking about picking up some of their ABC shorts for a while to give them a try.

Edited by brooks_

I have two pairs of oliver's, I like them a lot for the price.  They are light, stretchy, nice for swimming and in general very comfortable but the fabric is a bit noisy and more "synthetic" looking than schoeller's. A back pocket would also be nice. I have them in M which fits like a 32-33 in outlier's shorts.

Edited by deadsunrise

I'm pretty sure I would have a hard time putting on anything lululemon even if Errolson himself decided to set up shop there.

I know it sounds sacrilegious, but for ~$75, they really don't look twice as bad as Outlier/MW shorts and still have 4 way stretch. I haven't actually handled them, but they look like a decent alternative. One tiny emblem that isn't noticeable on the darker colors.

http://shop.lululemon.com/products/clothes-accessories/mens-shorts-to-and-from/ABC-Short-9?cc=2851&skuId=3550670&catId=mens-shorts-to-and-from

I know it sounds sacrilegious, but for ~$75, they really don't look twice as bad as Outlier/MW shorts and still have 4 way stretch. I haven't actually handled them, but they look like a decent alternative. One tiny emblem that isn't noticeable on the darker colors.

http://shop.lululemon.com/products/clothes-accessories/mens-shorts-to-and-from/ABC-Short-9?cc=2851&skuId=3550670&catId=mens-shorts-to-and-from

I'd own a pair if the leg opening was a bit smaller.

Edited by MoreToasties

does any1 own the veilance apparat pants? is it really worth 4 hunnit?

I just got mine a week ago. Been in steady rotation with the raw denimz and P8TS-S. The build is immaculate as one would expect from the bird. Fully taped with 6 pockets.

If you're on here then you should be more than comfortable dropping 4 bills on some pants (half the price of ACRNM by the way).

^just to add. The taping on my veilance jackets is immaculate so I imagine the same would be true for their trousers.

On another note. Why is it so hard to find a molle pouches that can be used as a pencil case or ,more importantly, to hold books that are fit for purpose i.e. not too large, waterproof? Yes I could drop hunneds on currently available akronymym pouches that are the perfect size but not at all waterproof.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Looking for casual/dress shorts that are made of nylon or something similar, Florida heat kills me and I'm usually walking around campus all day, is Outlier my only option for something that doesn't look Mil-spec like TAD Gear?

Latepass but I really like the Veilance shorts they added this season. I have the cargoes and am waiting for the Voronois and have been very happy with them. Clean design as is expected of Veilance. They have the seam taping of the pants mentioned above. Can't say enough about them.