Okay this is really blast-from-the-past, but I had a Vexed Generation ninjahoody from way back when, and I sold it to some dude on here a while ago, but goddamn if I don't miss that fucking hoody. 

Hey Talking about all the gore tex technology + heavy rain protection..

Are there any materials/brands that focus on very hot climates? I am currently living in South America, I really love everything Techwear related. But even the summer collections would seem impossible for the south american weather. Any tipps?

Acronym WS-J25 is your best bet.

Hey Talking about all the gore tex technology + heavy rain protection..

Are there any materials/brands that focus on very hot climates? I am currently living in South America, I really love everything Techwear related. But even the summer collections would seem impossible for the south american weather. Any tipps?

I've had good luck with Gore Windstopper as a GoreTex replacement in warm weather. NeoShell is also fantastic - problem is that it hasn't been used much by techwear companies in my experience.

You might be better off buying a PackLite jacket (ACR makes them, so does Arcteryx mainline) and simply not wearing it unless it's completely necessary. Wearing any sort of shell in humid South American weather is going to make you sweat, and bring soaked with sweat kinda negates the point of wearing a shell to keep dry.

Can anyone recommend a ultra light wind shell for Backpacking/hike ops. Sub 7oz. Currently looking at marmot ether. 

I'm a fan of the Arc'teryx Squamish Hoodie - it's served me well so far, although admittedly my Veilance Isogon gets more use.

Random Google image:

100316-a3.jpg

Edited by MoreToasties

You might be better off buying a PackLite jacket (ACR makes them, so does Arcteryx mainline) and simply not wearing it unless it's completely necessary. 

I would rather recommend the Gore-Tex Active, it's a bit more breathable and the inner fabric is more comfortable than membrane protective layer in Paclite.

been listening to some buddha shit and I'm seriously considering giving up fashunz and selling/throwing away all my clothes and just wearing functional tech shit 24/7, from Outlier to Arc'teryx... shit you can throw on for a day hike then come back down for dinner and look presentable. Somewhat boring, but practical and functional. "fashion" got me spending too much money and wanting too many things... 

fashistential crisis.

at the same time tho id only be buying fairly expensive basics... $100 merino tees and $200 pants that look like regular chinos. I'm only fooling myself

Edited by Ecotrons

been listening to some buddha shit and I'm seriously considering giving up fashunz and selling/throwing away all my clothes and just wearing functional tech shit 24/7, from Outlier to Arc'teryx... shit you can throw on for a day hike then come back down for dinner and look presentable. Somewhat boring, but practical and functional. "fashion" got me spending too much money and wanting too many things... 

fashistential crisis.

at the same time tho id only be buying fairly expensive basics... $100 merino tees and $200 pants that look like regular chinos. I'm only fooling myself

Yeah...I kinda know what you mean.  Some times it just feels good to cut some shit loose, sell it (don't throw it away) or donate it...then slowly rebuild with fresh things that are more functional....I tend to live in my Outlier 60/40's through the week and their slim dungarees on weekends myself...

just my thoughts though....

I'm a fan of the Arc'teryx Squamish Hoodie - it's served me well so far, although admittedly my Veilance Isogon gets more use.

Random Google image:

Hows the sizing on this? Im inbetween L-XL on the lanky side. REI has a grey in XL. 

Hows the sizing on this? Im inbetween L-XL on the lanky side. REI has a grey in XL. 

I wear my normal size - medium. It could be a little slimmer but it fits fine - typical Arc'teryx fit.

I'd guess the guy in the picture sized down, though I'm sure sure I could get away with it.

Edited by MoreToasties

Those look pretty good and they're hitting a much more realistic price point. Especially if you did the survey and have a discount code to throw on top.

I agree...they're reasonably priced and are most likely very well made.  I have a few Isaora pieces that have held up really well.

I agree...they're reasonably priced and are most likely very well made.  I have a few Isaora pieces that have held up really well.

Same here. I'm curious to try a piece put together with ultrasonic welding instead of seam tape. Could be interesting.

I've had some correspondence with them and they're good people.