like it, it's just that I kind of feel it's Veilance's turf, if that makes sense. Like, why would I pay Acronym money for Veilance designs, especially when I'd rather shop local if I can?

Because they're completely different things. Veilance does completely streamlined designs, and Acronym does a completely left-field design brief. Have you ever handled Acronym in person? Completely different aesthetic philosophy, compared to Veilance. Similar materials, care, etc., but it's literal night-and-day difference

Bought a FW11/12 Shadow Project Stealth Trench but sent it back as there were a few small tears in the gore tex where the arms join the body, shame as I like the idea of that coat. It did look decidely 'normal' when worn too, I think it transpires that my taste is towards the more agressive looking ACR than that of office stealth of the some of the Shadow Project garments, I like the concept of hiding in plain sight as it were but I lke the pocket arrays and assymetry of ACR.

Bloody clothing taking up way to much headspace !!

can anyone recommend me a good technical-fabric material sweatpant for summer? Love the look of some of the slim designer sweats out there, but want something in a material that would be good for summer. Tried using the search function but couldn't find much.

Thanks.

Maybe micro modal or something? My girlfriend has a pair made of it - more like lounge pants but cut like sweats.

I guess I mean lounge or track pants. Something super breathable for summer. I have a pair of the Isaora track pant/dojo pant, but the pockets suck and if I'm not mistaken don't people in this thread not like Isaora for the low quality? Is there a pair of higher quality, slim track pants in a nice tech fabric out there?

Again, thanks, and I"m sorry if this has been discussed in this thread previously.

Aesthetically... It looks pretty ugly. The features also don't really feel well thought out. I might be jumping the gun, but it feels they just threw a bunch of details at a hoodie and whatever didn't stick they picked up and threw it again.

iPad holder, water bottle strap, the "clear pocket", do not disturb mask... O_o

I agree. Personally I like having pockets to keep my smaller items on my person (Phone, keys, knife, lighter + smokes etc), but everything else can stay in my bag.

None of the "tech elements" that they incorporated are anything new, they've all been done before and done better (snowboarding companies have been making plastic phone pockets that are touch reactive). I don't want to have to open my jacket up and use my phone at chest height, and I would never want to walk around lugging my iPad in a huge interior pocket.

Staple should stick to his streetwear, and Scottevest should stick to making travel vests for dads.

"There's a couple pairs left at the shop!" Our fave (only?) SuFu member in Montreal occassionally proxies...

haha, i'm sorry, who is that?  if you are reading this, pm me plz. im size 11 btw

Edited by wahwho11

Here's a little departure from the male dominated postings.

I bought this jacket for my wife, who for the best part has an interest in tech wear but leaves it up to me to drool over it.

Also it was far less than a lot of the brands on here coming from NIKE but I think it is one of their better garments I have had the pleasure to see.

It is a Paclite Goretex Trench, with very discreet livery showing on the lower sleeve cuff in black on black.

All very smooth taped seams on the interior and brilliant magnetic closure studs on the pockets & collar round out a fantastic sleek understated garment.

Also has a detachable hood (removed).

Four oust pockets with magnetic closure.

Inner zipper pocket.

I also love the arm articulation too, subtle and probably lost on the mainstream audience, but not us folk here right ?

All this for about 25% less than the cost of the Acronym NTS-NG1 !!

She is very happy to say the least, and I too as it was a total bargain, happy days !

13356935895_ec43769122.jpg

13357315554_393c9b4ab2.jpg

13357309494_7a29716c7b.jpg

13356919855_a9e0a63fec.jpg

13357076883_447ccbd574.jpg

Edited by TEKsevenZERO

can anyone recommend me a good technical-fabric material sweatpant for summer? Love the look of some of the slim designer sweats out there, but want something in a material that would be good for summer. Tried using the search function but couldn't find much.

Thanks.

Maharishi's Panthan and Astro sweatpants. Sypron suggests that 3xdry cotton is geat for summer

maillon-rapide-normal-photo.jpg

Was thinking of getting a couple of these to attach to the molle on my 3a-3 to make it look slightly cooler and ever so slightly more useful. The measurements for the 3.5 size looks good to me... thoughts?

http://www.peguet.fr/self-certified-maillon-rapide-quick-links/standard-maillon-rapide

Edited by TIMDOT

Any carabiner would be better than the TAC-link as it is a device designed to fail and break if any stress is applied to it. 

Why opt for a screw down stainless steel one and not for the Acronym 3A modular pouches? 

A grimlock would be a best if you need option than both as it is still polymer so it will be quiet and not make a lot of noise like a metal carabiner. And it's in matte military colors so it will fit better with the ACR aesthetic. It also has a quick release pin adding to disconnect components with ease.

MPGRML%20Grimlock.jpg

Any carabiner would be better than the TAC-link as it is a device designed to fail and break if any stress is applied to it. 

Why opt for a screw down stainless steel one and not for the Acronym 3A modular pouches? 

A grimlock would be a best if you need option than both as it is still polymer so it will be quiet and not make a lot of noise like a metal carabiner. And it's in matte military colors so it will fit better with the ACR aesthetic. It also has a quick release pin adding to disconnect components with ease.

MPGRML%20Grimlock.jpg

I think I'll stick w/ my choice and just spray them w/ black primer and black spray paint (which I already own) if necessary. These are not as minimal but I do like the quick release feature. 

Might post pics of outcome.