I gotta be honest, handling it in person was pretty sweet. even without the backpack aspect, it's just a very good bag all around. I'm still debating on picking it up, now that I know I won't have to deal with a german proxy (who does that around here?)

Edited by Just Another XY

Less talked about, but SuE put me on to Massif. Bought one of the cheap-o budget Blazers (deep discount). For the price and what it is (my planned beater) I like it a lot. It's super soft and pliable almost like wearing a sweatshirt.

Really enjoy the non-dressy slouchy feel/fit of the blazer.

10984961073_ba6f82744e_z.jpg

10984342665_31358d5fde_z.jpg

I also grabbed one - for $70 it's really not bad at all. The fit is basically spot on. Thanks, SuE.

for the canadians in this thread:

how's the quality of MEC base layers? thinking of buying some since i'm tired of freezing in the winter. figured i'd buy these instead of heattech. also how's the quality over brands like smartwool/icebreaker? better to pay the extra money for these brands instead?

Edited by Jokez

It's really popular with a specific segment of the population, but I can't for the life of me understand why. Most of their stuff was made in China and didn't appear to provide anything above and beyond what you could pick up from a local sporting good store.

I'm sure Amazon will have some nice deals on Smartwool, Icebreaker etc. as we approach the holidays.  

Not V neck, but check out FERA. I just learned about them and I'm pretty impressed with their electronically knitted base layer.

There are mesh panels knit into the body for better ventilation. (Crew neck and half zip ergo crews are available).

http://www.ifera.com/skiwear/EMT001.html

Those Cole Haan boots from a couple pages back are on sale on the Cole Haan website for Cyber Monday, $278 down to $194.

Check that, use the code 'CYBER' and it takes an ADDITIONAL 40% off. Comes out to under $125 shipped.

Edit2: Looks like the 40% off reduced was an error, only shows as 40% off original now. We'll see how fast my order gets cancelled.

Edited by brooks_

edit: quasky beat me to the punch and posted in the acronym thread

i recently interviewed errolson for nomad, thought some of you guys might be interested: http://www.nomadshop.net/index.php/entry/431

we spoke specifically about shadow project, but there's some good stuff in there regardless.

good stuff indeed:

E[rrolson]: ...We just recently shifted the focus of Shadow because we all felt that had already been explored and a lot of the technology and know-how we had developed for Shadow had found its way into the mainline. There're a lot of really high-performance materials in the mainline now, as well, so we didn't feel that was enough of a differentiation. Now our mandate is almost more of an aesthetic exploration. Pushing the boundaries of what Stone Island can be. Recently, there's been a lot of work in knitwear, and a lot of work in graphics, graphical applications and that kind of thing, which we're continuing for the next summer and next winter. We're in the middle of next winter right now.

N[omad]: Can you expand on the graphics part a bit?

E: Without giving anything away? Using graphical applications as part of the fabric development process. So, instead of just printing something on, we're corroding it out. We're doing what's called a reverse colour process, where you have a fabric that starts out basically black, and then on top of that we'll print a graphic, like a silkscreen, also in black, so you can't really see it. Then we'll corrode the fabric, and where the print is not, all the black, the fabric dye, gets eaten away and you're left with the shadow of the printed graphic. It's inside the material, though. It's got a dimension to it. You'll see that in Spring/Summer that'll deliver in a couple months.

Then we've taken that and pushed it again another level further for next winter. That's really, really interesting. And, again, that's the exterior of the fabric that looks like a rubber but is actually a laminate. And it's also waterproof, breathable, the whole thing. The last reason you'd buy that jacket, though, is that it's waterproof and breathable. The aesthetics are so far out and so interesting that you don't even... It's not even worth mentioning...

Edited by SuE

http://tres-bien.com/reading/projects/welcome-no-2/

â€Built like a seven cylinder engine, WELCOME No.2 is one rare machine.â€

WELCOME is a collaborative menswear brand from Our Legacy and Très Bien with one annual collection now launching its second installment entitled WELCOME No.2.

Featuring long coats in special mesh fabrics from Swizz fabric innovators Schoeller hanging alongside heavyweight longsleeved t-shirts and papertouch coach jackets.

Made in extremely limited numbers, WELCOME No.2 is available Dec 4th at Our Legacy and Très Bien.

This could potentially be really cool. Always been a big fan of both OL and tresbien. 

Arc'teryx s14: fifty shades of grey.

Sure there will be a lot of nice greys but the colour theme for Veilance SS14 is supposedly inspired by springtime in the Arctic. 

Edited by Brainboy

Any of you bring dopp kits to work? I'm looking for something a bit more compact and of more durable materials than my giant, leather beater. (lol.)

Check out jack spade, there are some nice used ones on ebay, I want to say they're ballistic nylon, and they last forever.

I'm also a big fan of Killspencer, they just dropped a new nylon and suede collection that's pretty sick.

http://killspencer.com/dopp-folio.html

appleseed - have you tried integrating the goruck field pocket with an ACR bag? does the webbing match up with each other? 

Edit: I'm assuming it would since they both have the MOLLE webbing system... not sure, need confirmation.

Edited by Flipflop214