Tell me about it, I ordered some Schoeller stretch woven fabric (anti-microbial and moisture wicking) from this retail tech fabric store up in Seattle, and it's just beautiful. Great hand feel and has 4 way stretch. Wasn't crazy expensive by the yard, but it was on markdown.

I'm just trying to figure out if I want to tailor myself a collared shirt or a pair of tapered trousers.

warmest black insulator vest/ jacket out there for city use? preferably no visible logo and some good zippers

The Veilance Mionn hooded and non hooded vests this season are insanely nice. Coreloft insulated plenty of low pro pockets.

Or you can go with the mainline Arc'teryx Atom vest. It has a logo on the front which is really the only difference between it and the much more expensive Veilance pieces. I've owned one for a while and love it. Great for city use and half the price of the Veilance piece., also the logo is only screen printed on. Not heat sealed. So you could remove it with a little effort if you really wanted.

@firstdoor

I'm assuming you'll need a hairdryer to peel off the screen print. Would the heat damage the vest?

The logo on the chest of Atom LT's is a heat transfer, so it's applied with more heat than your hair drier could likely produce. Shouldn't damage the face fabric, couldn't say about the insulation though. They do seem to come off relatively easy though, a few wash/dry cycles should loosen it up. 

http://www.coldsmokeco.com/product-category/ecg/

some dead bird inspired goods here..

The tundra panel jacket appears to be a direct copy of Arc'teryx's alpha sv.

Edited by larssss

A couple things. Who out there has tried the Bagjack NXL messenger? Did you find the strap uncomfy and bad weight distribution? That's what I found. Was wandering if anyone tried or thought of swapping out the strap with a Mission Workshop strap.

2nd question - anyone got any experience with mens tights or thermals for winter wear? Looking to get a pair for this winter to wear under my jawns. Tried on the Columbia omni heat ones, but I think they will be TOO hot. I'm looking for something a bit thinner and softer.

A couple things. Who out there has tried the Bagjack NXL messenger? Did you find the strap uncomfy and bad weight distribution? That's what I found. Was wandering if anyone tried or thought of swapping out the strap with a Mission Workshop strap.

2nd question - anyone got any experience with mens tights or thermals for winter wear? Looking to get a pair for this winter to wear under my jawns. Tried on the Columbia omni heat ones, but I think they will be TOO hot. I'm looking for something a bit thinner and softer.

i just wear uniqlo heattech leggings, but i live in australia so i'm not sure how well they hold up to 'real' winters.

The logo on the chest of Atom LT's is a heat transfer, so it's applied with more heat than your hair drier could likely produce. Shouldn't damage the face fabric, couldn't say about the insulation though. They do seem to come off relatively easy though, a few wash/dry cycles should loosen it up. 

The tundra panel jacket appears to be a direct copy of Arc'teryx's alpha sv.

Larssss is right heat won't do anything to damage the vest. Heat transfer logos will peel off and delaminate over time. Wash it and pick at it. It'll come off eventually.

If it was a silicone based screen print the heat would help to melt it off. If it was oil based then nail polish remover would work too.

Also core loft won't be damaged by the hair dryer. Core loft is mean to hold heat.

Larssss, how do you like working for Arc'teryx? I'm designing outerwear for Under Armour right now and saw an opening in the design dept.

Surprisingly yeah. It'll take a try or two to get the hang of latching it with one hand, but once the magnet clasps are locked together at the bottom there is no issue pulling it closed with one hand.

I tried it with big snow boarding gloves and didn't have an issue.

The little hooks keep it latched together and from separating so that you can zip it up one handed.

Really there is nothing to keep it from clasping together if you wear the jacket open, but I just had one in my hands and the magnets don't really start pulling together unless you hold each side of the zipper about an inch away from each other.

Believe it or not there are a few, most of the stuff we do has moisture wicking technology, some kind of UV protection and either a heating or cooling nature to the fabric.

The current UA designs are not even on the same level as the stuff talked about in here, but think of it as base level tech wear for the masses. Kinda like the watered down stuff Errolson Hugh did with Disaeran for United Arrows. The clothes aren't super progressive or forward thinking, but they have to be a little safer to hit a broader target audience. 

The MILTAC line has some decent pieces, all of the logos are tonal or DTM embroidery as well so you wont see them.

The SOAS polo is decent, bit of a baggy fit so I would recommend sizing down 1.

http://www.underarmour.com/shop/us/en/mens-coldblack-tactical-soas-polo/pid1237526-001#bv-reviews

The MILTAC microfleece watch cap is pretty decent as well, almost identical fabric to the polartec that ACR uses.

http://www.underarmour.com/shop/us/en/mens-tactical-arctic-beanie/pid1219735-001

MILTAC liner gloves, with moisture wicking and anti microbial features.

http://www.underarmour.com/shop/us/en/mens-ua-tactical-liner-gloves/pid1230769-001

We also just dropped a performance stretch chino with hidden phone pocket. Straight leg and tapered leg fits. The interior waistband is actually lined with elastic so it moves with you and doesn't restrict. No articulated seaming but they have 4 way stretch. I bought a pair in black to wear as beaters when I went climbing and they actually perform really well. Fairly abrasion resistant too.

http://www.underarmour.com/shop/us/en/mens-charged-cotton-chino-tapered-leg/pid1240942-945

I just started with the company a little over a year ago, so a lot of the product Ive been working on wont hit shelves until SS and FW14. 

I'm having a fondness for MHI's new line at the moment especially this cardigan/knit 

http://www.maharishistore.com/product/Maharishi_7043MODERNPRIMITIVECARDIGAN_1892_128_394_0.html

Not overtly tech but a relative non the less.

This is more tech with the Schoeller :http://hypebeast.com/2013/11/maharishi-2013-fallwinter-schoeller-textiles-ag-3xdry-technology-collection

Latest edit _ I have wood for these babies:  http://www.maharishistore.com/product/Maharishi_7025ASYMVENTSHOOTERCREWSWEAT_1947_1_394_1.html

http://www.maharishistore.com/product/Maharishi_7064ASYMSLOUCHSHOOTERPOCKETTSHIRT_1974_128_394_3.html

Things are looking up - well worth checking the collection.

Now I need a windfall .. arse ....

Have you any suggestions about sizes of Maharishi pants?

(vs. ACR pants or Veilance / usually i'm M size for both)

I can vouch for these..

http://www.finisterreuk.com/shop/mens/clothing/merino-wool-base-layer/zephyr-long-johns-midnight-lemon.html

A couple things. Who out there has the Bagjack NXL messenger? Did you find the strap uncomfy and bad weight distribution? That's what I found. Was wandering if anyone tried or thought of swapping out the strap with a Mission Workshop strap.

uniqlo heat tech is kinda warm but very thin. you can see through it if you stretch it. if you want something super warm you can get like a compression running tight from a company like nike or adidas but personally i love smart wool base layer stuff. it's real wool and super warm.

Unfortunately I have never worn ANY ACR or Veillance pants as they are too small for me being a w38 you see.

Unsure if anyone else out there can help, really sorry.

Union LA has some measurements up for MHI and ACR stuff. They usually give you the actual waist and leg openings. Haven will have the same on their site.

My experience is, with smaller stores like these, a simple email asking them to measure the garment for you will get you all of your answers. I've sent both of these places emails asking for thigh measurements as this is always a contentious point for me when buying pants.

I think you'd be an M in Maharishi too, but all my Maha trousers have either been snopants or upcycled BDUs.

I was actually just at Selfedge LA and found out they had it for sale. Cool tech, but the backpack straps are bullshit. Essentially the messenger strap (thick) acts as one side, and they have a half-width strap for the other side.  It felt unbalanced, and I wouldn't want to use for a large load. As a messenger, strap isn't too bad, but doesn't have padding. Fidlock buckles are pretty sweet, spent five minutes just fuxing with it.  If you're in LA, they had the medium Bagjack NXL and a small as well. 

It converts well into a briefcase (pseudo professional lol), but the backpack idea seems just kind of tacked on, to be honest.

Edited by Just Another XY

This is definitely random but I was just thinking about SS10 undercover messenger as outta left-field tech. translucent material married to old-school leather. 

undercoverism-ss2010-messenger-bag-front

definitely one of my favorite undercover bags/collections everywhere. 

(also might be blowing a spot, but http://page9.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/k166426704), PM me if you want it taken down. 

I was actually just at Selfedge LA and found out they had it for sale. Cool tech, but the backpack straps are bullshit. Essentially the messenger strap (thick) acts as one side, and they have a half-width strap for the other side.  It felt unbalanced, and I wouldn't want to use for a large load. As a messenger, strap isn't too bad, but doesn't have padding. Fidlock buckles are pretty sweet, spent five minutes just fuxing with it.  If you're in LA, they had the medium Bagjack NXL and a small as well. 

It converts well into a briefcase (pseudo professional lol), but the backpack idea seems just kind of tacked on, to be honest.

There are so few bags that transform into messenger+backpack+briefcase. Too bad the bagjack doesn't deliver the goods. The NXL with leather would make a nice professional briefcase too.