I'm looking to pull the trigger on a Bagjack NXL. However, I'm wondering if anybody has successful ordered from the Bagjac website and shipped to the USA, and what kind of customs fees they've encountered?

I purchased some tech stuff from Firmament/theglade berlin last year and got hit hard by a 20% levy via DHL that makes me leery of buying anything of German origin.  

Not looking to circumevent taxes, but just want to know what I should reasonably expect. I've emailed them several times but no reply. 

I purchased some tech stuff from Firmament/theglade berlin last year and got hit hard by a 20% levy via DHL that makes me leery of buying anything of German origin.

Not looking to circumevent taxes, but just want to know what I should reasonably expect. I've emailed them several times but no reply.

It's import duty, not taxes and you should expect to be hit for any purchase above 200 usd unless the company misrepresents the value of the goods. Which I would doubt

I'm looking to pull the trigger on a Bagjack NXL. However, I'm wondering if anybody has successful ordered from the Bagjac website and shipped to the USA, and what kind of customs fees they've encountered?

Sales Tax *(Tax, VAT, IVA, MwSt, Moms):

19% German sales tax will be deducted for shipments to countries outside of the EU

So if you were charged 20% import fes upon receipt, it pretty much balances it out. Anyway if you're looking to find out how much duty and VAT you're going to pay on an item, this website is quite accurate from past experiences:

http://www.dutycalculator.com/

Edited by rirawin

The import duty on the 3A-12TS I bought my wife came to $20, so you probably won't get done too hard on a bag. 

The GT-J29A earlier this year came with a $600 import duty bill. O_O

love the clean look of this ...

zegna-icon-jacket-xl.jpg

with exception to the logo on the sleeve.

the zegna icon with built in bluetooth and a tiny joystick type device on the sleeve allows you to control what you're listening to on your mobile, fully waterproof with taped seems and detachable quilted body liner. this comes in at $1300 so quite expensive and also there will be a question mark on if the joystick is usable with gloves on. saying that it's nice to see wearable electronics.

Edited by scamster

I've been a silent creeper to this thread, indulging in the whole aesthetics of 'urban techwear'. I came across some great guides, and for that I have been thankful. My only concern right now is exactly what purchases would be deemed as neccessities when it comes to regional differences? The temperatures over here rarely drop down, and it remains relatively humid all year long. How practical are some of these jackets, in the broad spectrum of things? 

I've been a silent creeper to this thread, indulging in the whole aesthetics of 'urban techwear'. I came across some great guides, and for that I have been thankful. My only concern right now is exactly what purchases would be deemed as neccessities when it comes to regional differences? The temperatures over here rarely drop down, and it remains relatively humid all year long. How practical are some of these jackets, in the broad spectrum of things? 

For your region and the tropics( high temps and high humidity) all the breathing fabrics (Gore etc.) will perform to a lesser extent. Look into thin wools (merino etc) to keep you insulated and dry.. Strange as that sounds I went to Malaysia this summer and my merino boxers , T's and long Johns held up great. 

Anybody read anything about the quality of Ten C? At first touch it seems like really solid stuff, but I'm interested in how the fabric wears over time, and if the jacket really is something you can just treat again with waterproofing agent when it wears down

i don't own any Ten C but those guys are ex-Sportswear Company and design CP Company right now. i would suspect that the fabric looks good over time.

Anybody read anything about the quality of Ten C? At first touch it seems like really solid stuff, but I'm interested in how the fabric wears over time, and if the jacket really is something you can just treat again with waterproofing agent when it wears down

i don't own any Ten C but those guys are ex-Sportswear Company and design CP Company right now. i would suspect that the fabric looks good over time.

The fabric is really interesting in person. Look and feels great, never seen or felt anything quite like it.

I don't own anything of theirs but I've heard from people (mostly from styleforum) who have that the water repellent properties decrease with wear around areas of high friction. After a few months those high-wear areas start to soak up water.

Somewhat disappointing to hear since I like their designs and the material is really one of a kind.

I think the point of these jackets isn't to be impermeable to the elements because they age really fast. I think the point is to let them get to that destroyed, distressed look.

If you're looking for something to really protect from the weather I'd look elsewhere unless you are really sold on the look.