I am in search of a recommended waterproof backpack that is under 150. After googling and browsing many outdoor forums and sites, I have yet to get a definitive answer and I would like to hear some suggestions from you guys because this thread specializes in tech and secondly, tech that is more suited for the city and light outdoor activities.

Are you looking for waterproof in the seam-taped goretex sense or just something that'll keep your stuff dry? Most cordura packs are not waterproof but unless you're in protracted heavy rainfall they'll keep the water out. For hiking a pack cover is a better choice.

Im planning to use it for school (I live in the Pacific NW, so it rains 300/365 days of the year) and light bike riding and hiking in the rain. I am currently using a cheap North Face Jester but it rarely gets the job done when it starts to rain. My specifics are side pockets for a water bottle, waterproof, and under 150 or around that amount.

depends on how much you are willing to part with but you could do with something like this maybe ...

arc'teryx parsec at £380 and available in different colours.

Such a great coat, great design and material, I would love to see more jackets in Gore-tex Softshell.

The grey colour is really nice but Kodiak is so Blade Runner!

Parsec-Coat-Kodiak-Back-View.jpg

Blade-Runner-007.jpg

HELP! I'm looking for something rather specific. Hopefully, you guys know of something that fits the bill. Looking for a pant with articulated knees, elastic hem, and possibly a little stretch.

check out the isaora geo panel combo pant

hey guys

looking for a rain shell for up coming winter, just want a shell as will be layering under it

particularly keen on a fish tail parka sort of design

this maharishi one is sort of what im looking for  

http://www.maharishistore.com/product/Maharishi_9229LONGTAILPARKA_1606_1_394_1.html

doesnt have much detail on materials other than nylon so doubtful to its suitability 

open to ideas?

hey guys

looking for a rain shell for up coming winter, just want a shell as will be layering under it

particularly keen on a fish tail parka sort of design

this maharishi one is sort of what im looking for  

http://www.maharishistore.com/product/Maharishi_9229LONGTAILPARKA_1606_1_394_1.html

doesnt have much detail on materials other than nylon so doubtful to its suitability 

open to ideas?

I reckon I have found what you are looking for: 

http://www.easyauctionjapan.com/productdetail.php?productId=172783645

Will do. Shouldn't take too long considering the guys over at Bagjack just shipped it out the day after I made the purchase! I was considering a S or M Sputnik, but I can't live without the 3 point strap. Just gotta have it.

Also... Nice little incentive if you're on the fence. I didn't even realize it until this morning.

Free http://bagjack.com/blog/the-new-mouse-pouch/ with min purchase.

Damn, I didn't even notice the L has the 3 straps. I wanted the S to replace the acronym because I'm assuming they'll be less prone to sliding down towards the side when slung around the back, since that's how they're being advertised on their site, but I wonder if they'll end up doing so anyway without the 3 straps. 

Is it just for support because of it's extra capacity or will the S and M still move around more without the extra strap? 

Water resistant (schoeller dynamic) shorts/swimming trunks with integrated watertight storage for phones:

everestisles mayol

ibzn76drNLb21s.jpg

ib0WqlTyczMcKh.jpg

why didn't I think of that? A waterproof pocket is quite useful.

Why would you want to take your phone into the water? You can't use it..Leave it with your friends or in the car.. Or stash it in yer backpack..

Edited by aso2004