If I had to put them in a box it'd be:

Veilance #Menswear

Acronym #Streetwear

SISP #Workwear

Of course it's all relative —contrasted with Acronym, or SISP, and any brand may initially appear simple but when compared to Loro Piana's Storm System clothing or even Outlier's techware then "tech-fashion pushing boundaries with design and technique" and "playground for new patterns, zips, fabrics etc" could just as easily be ascribed to Veilance. I mean 'two individual [pant] pockets accessed by a singular zipper arrangement'. I mean teal jackets, burgundy blazers and gold pants. That's not subtle; that's extreme.

To my mind, the definitive design difference between Veilance and Acronym is the silhoutte. Veilance appears to aim for a slim fit at all costs while Acronym doesn't mind a loose jacket or baggy pants if it means more features.

Huge dilemma:

Sell Veilance and buy more Acronym?

It's not actually a dilemma. I love my Veilance jackets. I'm just greatly intrigued by how functional Acronym pieces are.

If you're keeping those Acronym bags then the ACRONYM®INTEROPS ecosystem should be better than pairing a Veilance jacket and Acrnm bag, no?

Edited by SuE

Well, herein lies one of the main queries: I know that part of the allure of Acronym products is that, in many ways, they are made to be paired with other pieces. However, that being said, do people find they regularly take advantage of/use the INTEROPS "function"? 

sisp and acronym are essentially streetwear in the sense that they flaunt a highly extrovert aesthetic. wearing acronym is a statement, whereas wearing veilance can easily go unnoticed, and intentionally so.

I think that Arc'teryx Veillance might appeal to those folk who may feel a little more self concsious than say, the ACR customer, might be wrong here but I feel I suppose the Veillance might be easier for the majority and not so left-of-centre.

(essentially the same as above post)

I prefer ACR, personally.

Edited by TEKsevenZERO

^ I'd definitely like to know more details about the fabrics. Antonioli just has it up as 'polyester'. Is there any hope past that?

There is quite a bit of care in the selection of his mainline fabrics so I assume those used in the 11 line will be pretty reasonable too but since it's angled towards being a pricepointed diffusion (which just happens to have a technical slant) I don't think anything overly groundbreaking will be used. This piece looks promising though: (via f-t.com.au)

IMG_2315.jpg

The whole collection is hard to view as a whole. There is an official video but it doesn't show much. Same goes for the "teaser" images floating around. I've just been waiting for stores to upload their buys.

alright, cool.  I was just afraid that I was missing some big update about it.  Hopefully everything will be revealed soon!  I'm super interested in what comes out of this new direction for BBS.

those bbs 11 bags look pretty rad.

I was thinking that too. Looks like they are made by Ortlieb, so I went to their site and was disappointed to see that that they appear to be pretty much stock bags the brand already makes with an "11" screen printed on them. Granted, thats some pretty niche tech to make bags like these, so its hardly surprising to see them colab with a established brand. Guess I was just hoping for more in the way of design differentiation. 

Edited by larssss

http://ahprojects.com/projects/stealth-wear

interesting if nothing else.

stealth-wear-burqa2-270x404.jpg

'Anti-Drone’ garments are designed with a metallized fabric that protects against thermal imaging surveillance, a technology used widely by UAVs/drones. The enhanced garments are lightweight, breathable, and safe to wear. They work by using highly metallized fibers to reflect heat, thereby masking the wearer’s thermal signature

Featured in the New York Times today: Stealth Wear Aims to Make a Tech Statement

THE term “stealth wear†sounded cool, if a bit extreme, when I first heard it early this year. It’s a catchy description for clothing and accessories designed to protect the wearer from detection and surveillance. I was amused. It seemed like an updated version of a tinfoil hat, albeit a stylish one...

But these designers face a challenge: although technology has inspired some new fabrics and materials, high-tech fashion of any kind has yet to really take off.

There simply isn’t much of a market for tech-savvy haute couture, said Becky Stern, an artist and the director of wearable electronics at Adafruit Industries, a company in New York that sells do-it-yourself electronics kits. Ms. Stern noted that a few years ago, clothing embedded with illuminated lights was relatively popular, but that interest later “kind of fell off.â€

Some of the most exciting experimentation is in the world of sports, she said, where athletic wear is being developed that can monitor a player’s vital signs. Such products are commercially viable, she said, and the technology could eventually migrate to clothing designed specifically to protect the privacy of its owner.

Jan Chipchase, executive creative director of global insights at Frog Design, says he sees tremendous potential for an eventual stealth-wear market. He described current prototypes as “provocations,†saying they raise “issues that are impacting our cities and public spaces that need more discussion and debate.â€

...In other words, even if stealth wear never becomes a viable or commercial reality, the newfound intrusiveness it responds to is genuine enough.

maybe i am looking in a wrong direction but the zipper and therefore the construction is different to everything i found on ortlieb website.

It is definitely BBS x Ortlieb collab, maybe the pattern is new, different? 

maybe i am looking in a wrong direction but the zipper and therefore the construction is different to everything i found on ortlieb website.

take this ortlieb bag and remove the hip belt and the panel which says "mountain x" on it, well it is removable with buckles, but also remove the glued on buckles and you get this bag.  If you zoom in on the bbs bag you can see the spots where the female buckles get glued on it. Also the file name for the bbs bag is "7_MOUNTAINXBLACK.JPG" and the ortlieb bag is called the mountain-x 31

mountainx_r4901_front.jpg

Also, this BBS 11 bag is based off this Ortlieb bag

I'm not saying they are doing anything wrong or copying, clearly its a collaboration. I'm not saying that there is anything wrong with taking an existing product, tweaking it slightly, making it all black and selling it for more than the original, I know I've bought those products often, and happily. I'm just saying that I thought the bags looked really cool in the first place (and still do) but then was disappointed to discover that they were more BBS's take on existing bags not new or significantly different products.

But hey, this is just my opinion based on seeing pictures, maybe I'm totally wrong and if I am I'd be happy about it.

Edited by larssss

HELP!

41344725UG_13_f.jpg

42344 NYLON METAL vs. 40505 CATEGORY_RESIST_MODULAR BOMBER JACKET_SOLO-R

41335447KL_13_F.jpg

both black / sale makes the prices comparable / can't decide

THANKS!

Edited by danii

HELP!

41344725UG_13_f.jpg

41335447KL_13_F.jpg

THANKS!

that's difficult x_x both really cool. get both. lol

i like the second one, like the details and paneling more but the first one i think fills out for "straightforward black zip up" territory perfectly, plus the fabric's coloration looks really nice as is to be expected from si.

uuuh if you already have basic black jacket o some kind get second one

just my two cents

HELP!

41344725UG_13_f.jpg

41335447KL_13_F.jpg

THANKS!

I own the Bomber Jacket (choice #2) and it's awesome. The picture you posted makes it look much worse than is actually the case. The color is not nearly as brown as that picture makes it look - it's actually a dark grey that has almost tinges of green in it. The Haven shots are not only better, they are much more representative of how it looks. It's super light and unobtrusive, but also it provides some decent warmth if the wind picks up.