Not sure if this is the right thread - forgive me if it's not.... but I am searching high and low for the catch pocket tee from the Stone Island Shadow SS13 line - in size XL, navy or black. It seems to be sold out anywhere in that size. I checked most of the usual suspects of online stores, but no luck. Any idea where to still find one?

Stone-Island-Shadow-Skin-Catch-Pocket-Te

but is techwear cool because its actually functional or because the idea of it being functional is cool?  we all wear black shells and frees but obviously you can't run in that.  we love stuff like acronym shoulders and gravity pockets but not because it actually enhances your life in a functional sense but because they capture a certain image or romance.

I'd like to think that the idea of it being functional is cool, if it actually functions. 

This is coming though from a someone with very minimal techwear. I just have it idealised that the people who can sink the $x,xxx amount in to it, would care truly and deeply about the latter. It's an I would if I could scenario. 

P.S. I default as a hypocrite by my standards. Too many "trainers" that do nothing / will probably own a Qasa. FML. Let you know how much the landed cost of it is here in Manila. I may be able to hook you guys up. 

I've always found Nike trainers to be a good match, esp Frees, Flyknits and Innevas to be a good fit. Picked up the free trainer 5.0 (poor man's Inneva?) in black with plans to wear with techier fits.  Gyakusou Nikes work too depending on colourway

I agree, tbh the Nike designs are much nicer than many other options on the market today... they are mad comfortable and super breathable too.

I've got the Flyknit Trainers, Flyknit Lunar1 and Innevas and I love them to death. Lunar sole is like walking on puppies that are sleeping on clouds. I wonder how the Flyknits would fare with some kind of waterproof/resistant spray?

that's already enough tech for me. I agree with what TEKsevenZERO mentioned earlier, "In particular the footwear side of 'techwear' is the real missing link in the aesthetic department. ((imho))" but Nike does a good job to fill in the void!

Edited by cool

I agree, tbh the Nike designs are much nicer than many other options on the market today... they are mad comfortable and super breathable too.

I've got the Flyknit Trainers, Flyknit Lunar1 and Innevas and I love them to death. Lunar sole is like walking on puppies that are sleeping on clouds. I wonder how the Flyknits would fare with some kind of waterproof/resistant spray?

that's already enough tech for me. I agree with what TEKsevenZERO mentioned earlier, "In particular the footwear side of 'techwear' is the real missing link in the aesthetic department. ((imho))" but Nike does a good job to fill in the void!

If I recall, the flyknits are "knit" not only so that they're light but also so they take on and shed water very easily.  Makes me think a waterproofing treatment wouldn't really do anything.  Same goes for the Innevas, no?

ed: found the source vid

Edited by Nebulae

I'd like to think that the idea of it being functional is cool, if it actually functions. 

This is coming though from a someone with very minimal techwear. I just have it idealised that the people who can sink the $x,xxx amount in to it, would care truly and deeply about the latter. It's an I would if I could scenario. 

P.S. I default as a hypocrite by my standards. Too many "trainers" that do nothing / will probably own a Qasa. FML. Let you know how much the landed cost of it is here in Manila. I may be able to hook you guys up. 

I truly couldn't care less about the function side of things to be honest.

It's the aesthetics of techwear that i like and why I wear it. Off course I hope that due to the functionality and research I also get better performing and more durable clothing but experience has thought me that it's barely noticeable which is a real shame. It really won't hold up any longer then random Nike Sportswear stuff and in my climate and daily routine it doesn't matter if i wear gore-tex pro, active, 3 layer, 2 layer, schoeller whatever the difference in breathability is unnoticeable in 15 to 30 minute walks and for the few minutes of rain that hit me any shell fabric will hold up perfectly.

I purely pay for aesthetics, exclusiveness and i'm a brand whore ;)

The only thing that seperates me from a hipster is that i truly know things about patterning, construction, fabrics etc.

(that also means that I can see pretty quickly if brands are slacking and just bragging about their R&D)

Edited by shadows

This might be getting a William Gibson-y, but the Taksim Gezi park protests in Istanbul are probably the ideal testing grounds for a lot of urban techwear stuff.

Not sure if this is the right thread - forgive me if it's not.... but I am searching high and low for the catch pocket tee from the Stone Island Shadow SS13 line - in size XL, navy or black. It seems to be sold out anywhere in that size. I checked most of the usual suspects of online stores, but no luck. Any idea where to still find one?

Stone-Island-Shadow-Skin-Catch-Pocket-Te

http://store.thereedspace.com/skin-catch-pocket-tee/dp/45007

got my triple aught design force 10 nyco shorts a couple days ago. they're pretty fucking awesome tbh. they've got a multitude of features I don't often see in other designs.

they are, however, pretty baggy -- this coming from a dude with relatively big legs. I feel like they could def be more tapered but I'll probably leave them as-is, or do like tigerprawn did and get some drawstrings inserted.

also, go TTS in the waist as these do not need to be sagged and have a pretty long inseam as is.

overall, would definitely buy these again and am considering grabbing a pair or two of the amphibious shorts next.

Anyone know of where one can purchase Gore Tex fabric in order that you can get a tailor or the like to construct sleeves ?

Want something not unlike the sleeves of the ACR GT-J29 from SS13 to wear under the CP2 to form a waterproof outer shell and remain feeling quite 'free'.

9069935828_73a381037d_c.jpg

9067710239_9e7885a48b_c.jpg

Probably will not get anywhere but it seems like an interesting idea to try an pursue.

Does it need to be GT?

I would first try out some samples with a cheap waterproof fabric to get the pattern right and then go after real Gore.

Very minor chance that it will be perfect at the first try + you can experiment with some more crazy stuff without throwing away GT.

Non-branded waterproof shell fabrics are available at most if not all textile shops which focus on artificial textiles.

I had this great German one which also had the same webbing and plastic buckles acrnm uses but can't remember unfortunately.

Will think hard and post if I find it back.

In other news, while playing with my shell collection as I prepared to move them towards the back of the rack for spring, I discovered my kattermusen Einride does this:

IMG_0402.jpg

It's a jacket sling!  Hahaha....Always wondered what all that webbing inside the pocket was for.  Seemed a bit overkill just to hold the compass.

Also bought myself these a month back.  Fucking love them. 

IMG_0322.jpg