It definitely works in lab conditions, but it's a little hard to tell just how much of a difference it makes when actually wearing it. It seems to work but without making a half and half garment (out of the same fabric with half being coldblack and the other not) its a bit hard to tell how much actual cooling effect it provides.

Regardless of how well it cools its a killer anti UV technology, it goes in with the dye process not as a finishing treatment so it doesn't wash off.

Underarmour just started a big rollout with the tech, apparently they like it enough to want to put it in everything.

Edited by Abe1x

What is the best fitted/slim fit Arc'teryx jacket? I have had my Theta for the past 4 years now and is great for when I am layering. However, it is too boxy/loose when I am just wearing a t-shirt inside.

I'm looking for a new jacket that is more fitted for the warmer season (Vancouver rainy summers)...

What is the best fitted/slim fit Arc'teryx jacket? I have had my Theta for the past 4 years now and is great for when I am layering. However, it is too boxy/loose when I am just wearing a t-shirt inside.

I'm looking for a new jacket that is more fitted for the warmer season (Vancouver rainy summers)...

depends what exactly you are planning on doing in it, but the composite from Veilance would likely fit the bill and give you a fit that you just will not get from an outdoor product.

Ultrasonic welding has been around for a while with out much pickup. Only people I can think of offhand that are using it now are Backcountry.com for their Stoic house brand. Maybe Mountain Hardware was/is using it too?

Maybe a discussion for a different time/place but a lot of people think that the tech is inherantly bad for the workers. It certainly *feels* wrong to be close to those machines, but not sure anyone has proven it is actually harmful.

Aesthetically speaking not finding uvu very interesting. Stuff looks very well made though so hopefully will see a bigger collection from them with a greater variety of designs!