I think you mean they are designed in Canada by FYI, not manufactured there, nothing is mass produced at FYI. Are they actually manufactured in Canada as well? I've been wondering wondering where its made.

According to their site, they make the jackets at their facilities in canada... as well as tested. they make limited production runs and once they sell out for the season, they're done. i tried getting one of their field jackets a month ago and they said it wouldn't be available until next year.

Trench10-315x315.jpg

description of their barrier jacket...

"Fabrics from the U.K. and Japan, Insulation from the U.S.A., Zippers from Switzerland; Designed and manufactured in Canada."

http://fyidesigndept.com/category/aether/page/2

anyone recommend some daily/beater/outdoor techspec gloves that are non premium?

http://www.tactical-store.com/tactical-gloves-2.html

i have a pair of black hawk tactical shooting gloves. They are great for biking and other urban adventures, but probably wont stand up to snow or extreme cold conditions. Though the neoprene is pretty warm and relatively water resistant.

Posted (edited) · Hidden by High Monika, February 28, 2012 - No reason given
Hidden by High Monika, February 28, 2012 - No reason given

If you're in NYC, there's a holiday pop up market in SoHo (Prince and Mott) and Outlier is one of the brands participating. One of the Outlier guys was head to toe Outlier lookbook (dungarees, henley over their button down). You can try on almost all of their product line. The 4 season OG pant blew my mind. It's really fucking weird to crouch, have the pant stretch instead of ride up, but feel absolutely no tension. It was funny - the guy said that for day to day wear he like the dungarees because the fabric looks normal and doesn't stretch quite as much.

did the outlier backpack really sell out in one day. lol

Guy working said that it sold out incredibly quickly. The design leaves me cold but I really should get one just in case of the apocalypse....

About a block away is an Aether pop up shop, too. Wish I could tell you guys more but I'm not well-versed on techwear. The employees seem really nice and there were like 5 models of jackets, a couple types of hoodies, and a bag or two. The products all said "Made in Canada." Is that helpful?

Edited by Hang the DJ

@guincho

i copped the mountain parka from uniqlo innovation, sorry, yet to post pictures.

i actually nabbed the last one from their store (yes they only sold it in one store here in the UK i believe), in an M which is to be honest probably a size larger than i would have gone for if i had the choice.

retailed at £50 but i got 10% because one of the ends of the inside togs was broken. a hidden fault with no damage to function? great bargain for a student like me.

so far it hasn't been tested in much hard weather, but was in a medium downpour for about 15 minutes and i was completely dry.

it's just an outer shell and for me definitely not warm enough.. but then i do hate the cold and i've been in a veilance field jacket and wished i'd had a few more layers on still.

i'll post pictures up soon. like i said before, attention to manufacturing quality not on par with any of the brands you're talking about here (bonding is wonky), but for less than a 20th of the price all you lucky veilance owners have paid, i can't complain. it's keeping me dry and looks pretty decent (only branding being two very small reflective squares on the sleeve).

that outlier bag reminds me of my seal line boundary pack.

http://cascadedesigns.com/en/sealline/packs-and-duffles/boundary-pack/product

not quite 'urban tech' but i qualify its relevance myself because i've used it for cycling for years. it's actually totally air tight due to being based on dry bags for canoeing. they actually produce a messenger line now specifically for cyclists but back when i needed a waterproof backpack, this seemed ideal.

on a separate note, i understand aitor's previous work has been urban techwear related (CP and SI projects and even umbro) but not sure whether his first own 'prelude' collection of three trousers still fit's into this category (at least any more given the direction of products this thread has gone into)? they are worked on the human body, and involve complex experimental patterns, but in terms of addressing a specific problem and how successfully, i wonder if there is a better category he belongs to (now)?

• 2 weeks later...
Posted · Hidden by waso, December 26, 2011 - No reason given
Hidden by waso, December 26, 2011 - No reason given

Does anyone know of urban techwear brands that make things in smaller sizes?

Recently tried an XS jacket on from Isaora and it was big on me

Thanks

does anyone have any other rucksacks that might belong in this thread?

besides from the bagjack messenger and acronym stuff?

the nike cheyenne 2000 pinnacle seems really good for this?

http://www.nike.com/nikeos/p/sportswear/en_US/view_post?country=&lang_locale=&blog=&post=en_US/2009/08/28/21m-new-arrival-cheyenne-2000-pinnacle-backpack

unfortunately can't find this available online anymore anywhere..

can definitely 2nd the lexdray bags.

flg_boulder_pack_view-1.jpg

flg_boulder_pack_view-5.jpg

got to finally put it to use traveling back to nj for the holidays. the fleece laptop sleeve was super handy during security, almost felt i could sneak weed in with the back stash pockets.

and i uh *cough, designed the lining.

F LE X

Guest guincho

got my patagucci torrentshell. poor urban techwear. i like it tho, can't wait to wear it in the rain.

people should post more pictures of stuff they have

So for the Veilance insulated shell jackets what's the general consensus? Size down one or true to size?

I think the fit is like the rest of veilance jackets, I sized down.

also,

which coincides with my latest pickup. Wore it today in -30celcius montreal weather. Didn't feel a thing.

IMG_5777.jpg

Edited by 20hundred

So for the Veilance insulated shell jackets what's the general consensus? Size down one or true to size?

I just got mine today and I'd go with TTS. I have ~37" chest and wear smalls across the board in most brands.

Small P2P is ~22", but then tapers quickly straight to about 21". When you factor in the insulation thickness, it takes about an inch off the measurements, so the jacket is form fitting. I'm not even sure I could size down and wear anything other than a thin t-shirt.

Have to warranty it though since one of the cuff buttons doesn't lock all the way since I bought the last in my size to get it exchanged from where I bought it.

anyone recommend some daily/beater/outdoor techspec gloves that are non premium?

the TNF e-tips are pretty good/cheap

does anyone have any other rucksacks that might belong in this thread?

besides from the bagjack messenger and acronym stuff?

the nike cheyenne 2000 pinnacle seems really good for this?

http://www.nike.com/...nnacle-backpack

unfortunately can't find this available online anymore anywhere..

I kinda like these bonobo bags from Bluelounge, anyone seen them in person?

US_main_top01.jpg

Edited by 20hundred