Stopped by the Arcteryx Factory Store today.

av-01.jpg

I only had my phone for a camera so pictures are not great. They had a small amount of Veilance gear for sale.

av-02.jpg

Everything was factory seconds, though not for particularly deep discount. They had the manila Field jacket in medium, large and XL ($995.00 marked down to $497.50), Stealth pants in 32 and 33 ($475 -> $332.50), Canvas Jeans in 32 & 33 ($400 -> $280), Field Pants in 32 & 33 ($450 -> $315), along with blazers, the duffle coat and the hooded one (I forgot what it was called).

av-04.jpg

av-05.jpg

av-06.jpg

av-07.jpg

av-08.jpg

av-09.jpg

av-10.jpg

So today I got caught in some rain and didn't have my shell on me, but since I was at an outlet mall I thought I'd run into the Columbia outlet and just grab a shell. Ended up getting a blue "omni-tech" hard shell that claimed to be "water proof and breathable". Well, the shell itself held up for about 10 minutes in the steady rain before I noticed that the water was soaking in, and the shape of the jacket made all water that was repelled slide down right onto my thighs completely soaking my pants.

Oh well, at least it was only $35 bucks

Outlier Parka got that raintest a bit earlier than expected (nyc downpour yesterday, no umbrella). Having never worn ETAProof before, exceeded my expectations, kept me dry and didn't notice any dampness. I especially like the hood/collar design.

Some droplets got in the envelope pockets but only because I was accessing them constantly (messing with music, pulling out wallet).

Mission Workshop's got some urbtech™ jackets up. Thinking about the bosun wool jacket as a midlayer between wool and some gore on top.

http://www.missionworkshop.com/products/apparel/

Any experience?

Also, anyone else on the Outlier vest preorder?

Mission Workshop's got some urbtechâ„¢ jackets up. Thinking about the bosun wool jacket as a midlayer between wool and some gore on top.

http://www.missionworkshop.com/products/apparel/

Any experience?

Also, anyone else on the Outlier vest preorder?

patiently awaiting the vest as well! went a little crazy with outlier in the past couple of months.. 2x OG pants, 2x pivot sleeve shirts, work short, 3 way short and keychain :rolleyes:

Oh was that you cmdR? Wasn't sure if the person in question was a member here haha. Nah you were steezing, though not sure if the vintageish umbro was too much on a contrast against the stark black of the acr. Fabric on the shorts looked real mad comfy compared to my pair in etaproof though. Still, gotta giver props for rocking all that in SG!

Thanks proteus :-) Yes the X-Fast stretch softshell fabric is amazingly comfy! Also very breathable, perfect for our weather. But for day to day use I still go for my etaproof ones, it's hardwearing and I like how it ages with every wash. Well, let's grab a kopi or something one day :-)