it seemed like a pretty normal, tailored cut. I have a couple Patagonia pieces, and they seemed fairly similar. The line looks pretty unassuming, nothing too flashy or forward, just exceptionally well finished. The samples I saw were a size smaller than I wear, and I might even consider upping one size when I buy a jacket. I'm gonna get a shell I think, when I do I'll def post fit pics and detail shots. It sounds like they're working on bringing the prices down a bit to get more competitive, but they're already not really all that bad. I come from a snowboard industry background and geek out on materials and seamwork on outerwear, and I was pretty impressed with what I saw.

it seemed like a pretty normal, tailored cut. I have a couple Patagonia pieces, and they seemed fairly similar. The like looks pretty unassuming, nothing to flashy or forward, just exceptionally well finished. The samples I saw were a size smaller than I wear, and I might even consider upping one size when I buy a jacket. I'm gonna get a shell I think, when I do I'll def post fit pics and detail shots. It sounds like they're working on bringing the prices down a bit to get more competitive, but they're already not really all that bad. I come from a snowboard industry background and geek out on materials and seamwork on outerwear, and I was pretty impressed with what I saw.

If you weren't already aware, this should be of interest to you.

Aether hasn't made anything that interesting so far, they seem to have the right idea but are going after a much more conservative market than what seems to be of interest in this thread.

They are however designed in conjunction with FYI design studio, which has been getting a lot of press lately. FYI is an amazing design studio outside of Whistler BC, that works with brands like Burton [ak] and idiom, Patagonia, Sophnet. I have a friend who interned there for a semester and was blown away. If you are interested in tech wear this is a place you want to read up on.

Going to get some Outlier stuff.. what's the stretching properties like of the three-way shorts & the keirin dungarees? I'm asking since I'm sort of in between sizes.

Extremely stretchy. i'd say size down, and I've had no problems exchanging or returning things.

Extremely stretchy. i'd say size down, and I've had no problems exchanging or returning things.

Not sure about the Keirin Dungarees. If they used the doublewaved fabric on the workwear pants too, than they are not very stretchy (won't stretch in the waist)

Like Just Another XY said, they have a very friendly customer service and should be able to answer this question

they fit exactly true to size, i am an exact 31, and thats the size i bought, they made odd sizes.

guessing this has maybe been discussed, but anyone with experience with Aether? I checked a few pieces out the other day and they look really, really good. Materials and craftsmanship seem flawless, and the pricing isn't bad.

I tried on some of their stuff at American rag, and it was all just pretty clean, plain well fitting stuff. Not quite as interesting as acronym, but better fitting than arc'teryx veilance in my opinion.

Not sure about the Keirin Dungarees. If they used the doublewaved fabric on the workwear pants too, than they are not very stretchy (won't stretch in the waist)

Like Just Another XY said, they have a very friendly customer service and should be able to answer this question

I'm speaking about the 4Seasons and the 30/60 khakis, they fit true-to-size but I've found they can stretch if needed. Since dude said he was between sizes, I'd say choose the smaller one and then just chill and wait for it to stretch a little.

Well I'm mostly inquiring about the three-way shorts.. since I'm not familiar at all with the fabric, which has a 4-way stretch or something?

Anyway, I would feel most comfortably buying a 31, which should be 33.5 which is where my pants sit. Right now I'm torn between a 30 and a 32, which are 32.5 and 34.5 respectivily. Would you say I size down and account for the stretch or should I size up and make use of the drawstrings?

Unfortunately I'll be ordering from overseas, so I'd rather not order both and ship back one size.