Not sure if this has already been commented on: Levi's has recently come out with their 511 "Commuter" line, designed specifically for urban cyclists. It actually looks pretty promising, especially for the price-point. They use water-resistant Schoeller fabric, an anti-microbial treatment, reflective tape along the inner fabric, etc.

http://store.levi.com/emails/

http://us.levi.com/family/index.jsp?categoryId=11844101

Has anyone had a chance to check this stuff out in person?

I checked out the levis trucker jacket, wasn't really interested in getting yet another pair of jeans. Ended up buying it because it was fairly cheap and someone walked off with my only denim jacket last fall. Sleeves are cut longer so when you extend over the bars they'll extend properly though me personally, since the sleeves are a bit roomy to begin with since it's levis, would have preferred to just keep it regular length. Other than that, all the features are great, love the jersey pockets in the back.

Yo, take a peek at these guys:

http://www.endlessammo.com/

Based out of SF, super nice guys behind the brand. They're a younger line so they're constantly refining the assortment and fit, but I think the DNA is there for a solid brand. I have one of the jackets and been pleased so far. I'd like to see them tailor it a bit and slim some of the bodies, but it's really close. Maybe a solid look for an entry level pricepoint for this category?

There is a lot of great techwear out there but so often it's paired with strange footwear. I can't imagine wearing some hi-tech pants and pairing them with shoes that are not more advanced than chucks.

So what are some tech shoes you're wearing? I wear Nike Lunarglide or Free to work but also got some Adidas Climacool this year. Will probably get Lunarglide+3 as well.

seems like i am one with the strange pairing skills:D but it is very questionable since the latest trend in shoes is getting back to roots > barefoot. even doctors proved that having an air bubble under your heel is not good. my favorites are vintage rod lavers in mesh.

Word. Only wear them when climbing buildings.

255subk.jpg

11hgojc.jpg

yeah that's retarded.

real techninj prime-lace_profile.png

realtalk, common projects are a staple. outliers work for impromptu urban climbing session though, go figure. :)

Vibram Five Fingers? Climbing shoes? The fuck? The Rifts are unbelievably ugly.

I'm def. with danii on this, I like the simpler shoes (Nike Blazers) when going tech. Otherwise too much going on. Frees or Lunar(whatever) can be cool too with desaturated or monochrome palates.

goretexninj™

for when you need to covertly tumblr on your ipad in X-TREEEEME conditions*

(like when your ipad runs out of battery and you need to charge it, rub two goretex panels really fast against each other)

edit: i'm being dumb. Anyways – I've got a Rapha polo incoming for riding around and I'll let you guys know how it fares fit-wise and otherwise.

are those the flows? I use flows for coldwater surfing and shit like that... love em but they come off as soon as I get out of the water.

Correct. Never wore them in extremely wet conditions, thanks for that information though, will help down the line.

JustAnotherXY, I will have to take a look into Evala's. To be honest, I only wear them when climbing onto or getting into abandoned buildings, nothing serious.

Correct. Never wore them in extremely wet conditions, thanks for that information though, will help down the line.

heh sorry my statement was ambiguous. I take the flows off when I get out of the water to avoid the weird looks. They are actually quite sturdy and stay on my feet no problem. If you do scuba diving or use fins at all they fit pretty well into a bunch of models as well.

yeah... pretty much.

I'm generally not one to give a fuck but I don't think I've ever worn shoes that I felt needed more context. They aren't rare or new so people aren't confused... they have seen them before and already decided they look dumb but they really do excel at the activities they are designed for.

There is a lot of great techwear out there but so often it's paired with strange footwear. I can't imagine wearing some hi-tech pants and pairing them with shoes that are not more advanced than chucks.

So what are some tech shoes you're wearing? I wear Nike Lunarglide or Free to work but also got some Adidas Climacool this year. Will probably get Lunarglide+3 as well.

i had mentioned this briefly but my vote is for the lunar rejuven8 mids

nike-sportswear-fcrb-lunar-rejuven8-mid-pack-1.jpg

also partial to the lunar wood (or the wildedge gtx for a more aggressive look)

img_2786.jpg

Nike-Lunar-Wood-10_Profile.jpg