All that CP company transformable stuff reminded me of Kosuke Tsumura's Final Home

that was my first thought too, although i think it came from more or a place of "this piece is so technical it can be used as a furniture," rather than final home's "you never know when your city could become destroyed and you'd need to live in your coat."

Jumped over to The Tannery and picked up some of last seasons stuff which is on sale-

nice call, would be tempted if i had any inclination to sort through the vagueries of sizing etc on non-returnable gear i've never tried on.

re: outlier, i have a bunch of their pieces and like them all (although i bought the shorts too late in the season so am withholding judgment there). the merino t-shirt is great but the real winner for me is the windbreaker. climbers are ok but not my favorites for riding (that would be a pair of cropped mission workshop cargo pants). the front pockets are actually alarmingly deep on what's supposed to be cycling pants. my main thought on the whole outlier thing is how much aesthetically it reminds me of prada in the 90s when they made everything from techno stretch material.

btw speaking of making everything tech'ed out, this bag is kind of crazy looking:

http://store.nike.com/us/en_us/?l=shop,pdp,ctr-inline/cid-1/pid-377784#l=shop,pdp,ctr-inline/cid-1/pid-384488

...and speaking of nike - ordo's frees look great, the 5.0s were so underrated.

Yeah, I was debating between Icebreaker and Outlier wool shirts for a trip into hot/humid areas this summer. Might try Icebreaker first.

Fwiw you might want to just buy some last season North Face or Columbia instead of something that is basically a more affordable and lower quality version of acronym or veilance. Albeit without the techno-fetishism inherent in the former.

Fwiw you might want to just buy some last season North Face or Columbia instead of something that is basically a more affordable and lower quality version of acronym or veilance. Albeit without the techno-fetishism inherent in the former.

i wouldn't compare outlier to either of those brands (don't have direct experience with icebreaker so no comment there).

i also wouldn't let the fact that there's a more expensive, better version of a piece necessarily dissuade me from getting a perfectly fine version of said thing. but that's just me. keyword being fetishism

he's lookin for love ladies

techspec asked: can i be your boyfriend so you can buy me guns and stuffs :o

i’m sad to report i am already in a relationship. he too is into “guns and stuff” but not as enthusiastic as you are.

keep up the good work mr. techspec~

Kinda want that Leaf Gryphon halfshell after seeing the vid on there

Yeah, I was debating between Icebreaker and Outlier wool shirts for a trip into hot/humid areas this summer. Might try Icebreaker first.

I've heard good things about Woolpower too, not sure they do shirts though.

rapha x paul smith stuff is dope.

The Rapha stuff in general is great. Most of my pieces are a few years old, and are holding up great.

US buyers buying veilance from Inventory or arc'teryx direct

whats the customs situation?

The Veilance pieces are all made in Canada - under the Free Trade Agreement, you should have no duties to pay. Just make sure you get them to mark "made in Canada" on the box.

If anyone is on the fence about the Align pants, don't be. Very water repellant, all seams are taped, more than enough storage, and a real slim cut.

3eb6f165.jpg

882f2e93.jpg

c0d2d395.jpg

68c1e8e4-1.jpg

Sup 78 :D

Ordo - great thread, read through the whole thing last night!

re: Rapha sizing –

Some of their sizing looks microscopic, like Japan size microscopic.

Their small for the winter jersey is 32-34" chest, while their large is a 38-42".

Riff, let me know!

Oh yea... They are cut for the typical pro/fanatic amateur cyclist - i.e. skinny.

I usually take 38/Small in US tops, 40/medium in Japanese tops - I need a medium in Rapha, and it will still be a slim, aerodynamic fit. Pants are usually pretty TTS (I'm a 30 in most, including Rapha), probably to accommodate cyclists' legs/butt..

If anyone is on the fence about the Align pants, don't be. Very water repellant, all seams are taped, more than enough storage, and a real slim cut.

fit pic please! i was thinking about these pants, but thought it might be too slim. got the canvas jean instead...

^ Amen to that! :D

Here you go:

bf1ecfb6.jpg

14b9a27c.jpg

If any one wants some measurements (these are size 30) I'll do that tonight.

I liked the look of the canvas jeans a lot - if The Tannery had my size/colour I would have grabbed a pair for sure.

A couple of things to note... These can be machine washed, which is a good thing, since the surface texture attracts lint & dog hair like mad...

Seems like I can't order Veilance direct since I'm not in the US/Canada. How much do the Align pants retail for anyway?

$350

you guys are really testing my resolve not to get the veilance sale stuff on the tannery site

in any event, i don't see a huge advantage of the align pants over outliers other than possibly ergonomics in the cycling use case. from that perspective taped seams seem pretty useless - if you're going to get wet, you're going to get wet (taped seams or no), the main thing i would be looking for is quick drying.

for non cycling purposes i'm sure they're the best thing since sliced bread

Yeah they finally got back to me, turns out the item was not even in stock. And somehow they used someone else's tracking number for that transaction in my account! Do take care when dealing with them, they seem a bit spotty in terms of service. 2 previous transactions went fine though.

• 2 weeks later...