i've always wanted a jacket like that, old helmut had something similar on some older pieces if i remember correctly, looks so dope & perfect for those freezing nights where you want to hit the club and not carry some big ass jacket round but can just rock it on your back and still be steezin.

Have some free time so I thought I'd share something from my personal collection: the infamous UC AW 07 DiAPLEX Hooded Parka. Please don't PM me about selling this.

via Techexchange

"Based on methods first developed by Mitsubishi Heavy Industries, for manufacturing polyurethane-based shape memory polymers, a unique, new, high performance material that features temperature sensitivity has been developed. Called DiAPLEX, this novel material can be used to make comfortable garments that are watertight without clamminess. To maintain a comfortable environment within garments DiAPLEX is designed to react at a transition temperature, which adapts the state of the material to variations in the internal and external environment. When, following strenuous activity or changes in the external environment, the temperature inside the garment reaches the transition temperature, the material automatically becomes either more waterproof or more permeable to water vapor.

DiAPLEX can be called a material with self-control because it senses changes in the environment and adjusts itself accordingly to maintain comfortable in-garment condition. In addition to being highly waterproof and effectively breathable, DiAPLEX also features anti-condensation characteristics, heat retention, wind proofing and water repellency required in severe weather conditions; while it also has stretchability, durability and a sensitive soft touch that make it suitable for sportswear."

5487423413_f3fff57d48_z.jpg

5488018188_ca2a511eb6_z.jpg

Inner Lining:

5487423215_1b81eb0847_z.jpg

Inner pocket:

5487422781_052cd28602_z.jpg

This is one of the best parkas for colder climates and works well in regulating body temperature. Jun Takahashi's Autumn/Winter 2007 collection was probably the best collection from him that I've seen in terms of functional and innovative outerwear.

align pants are already out in my size too... fuck

Pretty sure they'll restock at some point. I know they did for F/W, when I had the same issue. Personally, not feeling the Align pants as much as the previous Stealth pants. Big flashy waterproof cargo zips on un-DWR treated twill? Hopefully they'll circulate left over F/W stock at some point.

Jumped over to The Tannery and picked up some of last seasons stuff which is on sale-

What happens to the F/W stock on the Veilance?, wanted the Ss01 field Blazer and was hoping they have it on sale. Tannery cancelled my order for the 36 due to item not being instock.

Remaining AW10 stock will either be rolled into a later season or just treated as limited edition and not restocked. They aren't going on sale unfortunately.

Been road testing my Arcteryx Veilance Insulated shell jacket in this recent old snap. It takes a little while to get your head arround all its features. Its performance is absolutely outstanding. Like a few people have said you really need to see it in the flesh and actually try it on. Pictures dont quite do it justice. So pleased.

Its funny when you first try on the winter pieces they are so light that you dont think they will be that warm. We tend to equate weight with warmth. So it takes a while to re learn that concept. I also find pieces i end up loving the most are the ones im not 100% but then they grow on me more and more until they become essentials. My only reservation so far may be how the fabric ages. Will it mark, scratch etc. It dosent look the kind of piece that will look better with age so we will see. If not there is allways AW11 to look forward too.

^^ If your only response to the teaser video is that its cheesy, I don't think you really "get" the brand.

I understand that the brand is paying homage to it's influences, but it's still a way to do this without the obvious in-your-face-ness and wink, winks. Or maybe I don't get the brand, I just recently got interested in this techninj stuff.