Denim Repair

obsessis

GiantsDrink you have a nice pair but the repair is not good. I run denim doctors and can have your jeans looking like that never happened. We are the first company formed to do denim only repair and have been doing it since 1994. We do alot of work for sufu users and you get a discount. Let me know if you want your jeans back to normal.

Serious is right... the tear started really small, and if I was smart I would have pre-emptively repaired them, much like a crotch blowout.

Maybe just cleaning up the frayed threads and re-inforcing the surrounding area would have been better. That way the thigh would still look scarred, but a little rough around the edges

Going totally unrepaird could have been a good idea too though... but the only thing that would suck about doing that, is that the threads were un-ravelling pretty quickly. Before long I think I wouldn't have any right thigh left.

Look Denim Doctors is the original denim repair company. SUFU users already get a hookup and all you have to do is search us on this forum to get an opinon of our work. We started as a vintage early 1920s-1960s Levis reconstruction and repair company and have moved on to all denim repair in 1994. We even use the same chainstiching machine that the Levis factory used for all the buckleback to late 60s big e denim. We take mail in from all over the country.

It doesn't neccesarily have to be patched with denim, there are also people who actually advise against patching with other denim since it's thickness/hardness would only create new unneccesary friction points. Any kind of strong cotton will do actually.

Regarding how it should be stitched, this varies, best would be to provide some pics...

• 2 weeks later...

mr66hh.jpg

14t9d9d.jpg

drunk granny repairs...the blue yarns are rope dyed from kaihara, and as you can see from the scab on the bottom left, they should fade with wear(the darker scabs are more recent). you can see i have another hole on the right to fix, maybe later. i have to break out the ole' needle about every week or two, max.

• 3 weeks later...

I run the Denim Doctors store and did somthing different on my A.P.C'S that I have had for a year or so. I had the hem chainstiched but I had the chain applied on the front side. It looks really good and all the Denim Doctors customers that I have showed it to loves it. If anybody is interested I will post some pics.

knees were completely busting open, so im now in the process of putting two big patches to completely cover the area. im just tired of fixing something every 5-7 days now. one side is samurai 19oz denim, the other is kaihara selvedge. im rotating the denim 90 degrees, so that hopefully the horizontal warp threads will fade a bit differently than usual. shitty pics to follow...

• 2 weeks later...

Definitely do something about that, my XX-005s looked like that on Friday and ripped yesterday...thoroughly annoyed, needless to say...I'm not sure what's going to be done yet, but I'll post back once work has been done

The best thing to do is have them re-enforced and stiched back to original specs. Common on any and all denim that started raw. Denim Doctors

Definitely do something about that, my XX-005s looked like that on Friday and ripped yesterday...thoroughly annoyed, needless to say...I'm not sure what's going to be done yet, but I'll post back once work has been done

• 2 weeks later...

got a small hole on my samurai s710 19oz after 21 months of wear..

its under the left buttcheek inner thigh area near my balls and near the crack area too anyways

should i send them to the tailor or should i just patch them up myself .. i think the hole needs a zigzag machine stitch up... ive got ome 19oz samurai cloth for patch up any thought repair masters?

the wife told me im crazy .

the mayordoma didnt wanna touch my jeans cause afraid if she fucked it up ill shoot her haha

tailor i dont trust no one here in manila with my jawnszzzz..

but ill try thanks!

edmond, take it from an old friend. you've got jeans out the ass, so take a needle and thread, and patch them bitches up. homeade style. and beat them babies some more! you know old salaami wouldn't steer ya wrong...