Denim Repair

obsessis

• 2 weeks later...

hey sufu peeps,

i recently started working on repair jeans using a Singer 47w70 darning machine. I am trying to hone my skills in so if anyone has any pairs that need repairs please PM me and we can work something out. I am offering my services for FREE while I'm trying to improve myself. I use indigo rope dyed threads also with different natural, cream, white threads for the weft fill. I can add rivets and buttons if needed. The only thing I am asking is for jeans to freshly laundered and obviously you will have to pay for shipping both ways. I also can hem jeans too using a Union Special 43200g if interested too. 

I am based out of NYC zip code 11385 if you want to check shipping rates. I look forward to hearing for people.

Thanks,

John

hey sufu peeps,

i recently started working on repair jeans using a Singer 47w70 darning machine. I am trying to hone my skills in so if anyone has any pairs that need repairs please PM me and we can work something out. I am offering my services for FREE while I'm trying to improve myself. I use indigo rope dyed threads also with different natural, cream, white threads for the weft fill. I can add rivets and buttons if needed. The only thing I am asking is for jeans to freshly laundered and obviously you will have to pay for shipping both ways. I also can hem jeans too using a Union Special 43200g if interested too. 

I am based out of NYC zip code 11385 if you want to check shipping rates. I look forward to hearing for people.

Thanks,

John

Can you do crotch blowouts?

Also, how long have you been doing this?

5VLEpw.jpg

Erm so this happened to the buttonhole of my BOM008.. just started using them for barely a week. Should i get these to a tailor asap or can this wait for a few days since I'm having my exams now.

Thanks for the help guys!

Oh and Sorry for the huge image size!  :(

Just wanted to post an alternate stitch to keep the loops off the open edge.

Tailors_buttonhole_stitch.jpg

My favorite for this has become to lock in a run with loops then make more passes with a simple suture stitch to totally bury the open edges.

• 1 month later...

Nothing ever seems rare or special in the moment...then someone takes pictures.

Hi Ray!  Yes that's a spider-man blanket back there.  Note the boxes as well...moving stee'

16235817102_4cb57853f5_b.jpg

Love it or leave it

16210810676_fbb0c233ef_b.jpg

John, you really are a little bitch if you don't bring in those repairs  for me to see in person!

I hope these were washed first!  They're getting pretty familiar with Ray there!  

Nothing ever seems rare or special in the moment...then someone takes pictures.

Hi Ray!  Yes that's a spider-man blanket back there.  Note the boxes as well...moving stee'

16235817102_4cb57853f5_b.jpg

Jyoni and Oe1's repairs are holding up perfectly, and Setterman will be pleased to know they were washed shortly before I sent them in (there might still be some residual stank thoughm you never know).

If you need something repaired I definitely suggest contacting these two. Top notch work.

Ray now has a 30 oz crotch  :laugh2:

We've toyed with the idea of using flyweight denim for those but nah...it always softens however heavy.

No stank was on Ray's pants.  If there was any in there it would have marinated up pretty quickly.  Fabric gets warm when you work on it lol.

dwarffruit, maybe pm?  I hesitate to post contact info because there are vendors here who work very hard at what they do and who have to pay for the privilege of exposure here.  I know this is super small fry stuff, but still.  While we aren't in it for the money we do need it to be worth our time.  Stuff takes forever.  This is something I think I should probably contact wayne about to get his thoughts on it.

Edited by jyoni

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Question about repair-houses... I have a crotch rip in a pair of jeans. I was wondering whether you'd recommend Self-Edge LA or HTC 

I have had chain stitching done at both places and was happy, but have never gotten a darn done and am very scared since I, as most of you, cherish these jeans. 

i sent mine to railcar for darning and they did great with the front crotch blow out that was starting. the bottom work in the first image is what they did. i mentioned in the special instructions that i noticed the rear was showing signs of blowing out, but they didn't touch it. sure enough, within days of getting them back, holes started to develop on both sides of the seam in the rear half. didn't want to wait another month for railcar and pay them again for something i asked to have done the first time. took them over to my mom because she's close by and she basically just did the same thing railcar did with a regular sewing machine [top].

IMAG0123.jpgandewhallcaribou1.jpg