Denim Repair

obsessis

Hey guys just washed my Momo's and noticed wear on the inner thigh of my jeans...at the seam where the denim is rolled the top of the roll has started to wear through. I know the earlier the better when it comes to denim repairs so I figured I'd ask you guys for some opinions on if they need some attention now or if I am being paranoid. From the picture just let me know what you think. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

r7tbgw.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Guys just a quick share maybe if one of you guys need an easy trick to stop the smell of your jeans.

The method is just to wrap your jeans with a plastic wrapped and then put them to the freezer for a night then your jeans will smell like fresh.

Here is the article I read from.

http://www.denimfuture.com/read-journal/freeze-your-jeans

ps. If I post it to the wrong thread very srry but couldn t find a thread about denim care so I tot this might be ok.

Hey guys just washed my Momo's and noticed wear on the inner thigh of my jeans...at the seam where the denim is rolled the top of the roll has started to wear through. I know the earlier the better when it comes to denim repairs so I figured I'd ask you guys for some opinions on if they need some attention now or if I am being paranoid. From the picture just let me know what you think. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

I had the same kind of wear on my Burgus and reinforced it pretty early on. It's been almost a year since the repair and it's still holding up. If I hadn't, the denim probably would have worn away, exposing the stitching holding the inseam together and resulting in a crotch blowout.

I wish I had found this thread sooner! Yesterday I scraped my Burgus on a corner doing some damage. That UES video pretty much demonstrated the exact repair that I needed!

Knowing that I needed the jeans for work tomorrow and that they needed a wash between them, I hastily made a repair (before discovering this thread) [pun unintended]. I used some Nudies denim I had lying around as a reinforcing patch, but I lacked the savvy to fold over the edges to prevent them from fraying.

r0012446.jpg

r0012445.jpg

I should probably try and add some reinforcing stitching where the warp yarns were torn, but I'm new when it comes to making denim repairs. When this patch starts crapping out, I'll replacing it with a better one.

Edited by PeterParker

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Does anyone have any good advice on preventing crotch damage? For as long as I have worn jeans eventually after the 1+ year mark the crotch rips. I have darned my jeans by hand and taken several pairs to SENY to get them properly fixed up but I am interested in some pattern or stitch I can use in order reinforce my Dior 19cm without altering the appearance too much. I have been soaking them once a month since I got them 3 months ago.

• 2 weeks later...

If it's not clear from the post, let me know and I'll post pics, but here's the issue I have:

My favorite APC NS (3-4+ years old) are ripped basically 2" up from the hem, and the extent is the entire back of the hem and just about ripping towards the front of it.  So the hem itself isn't ripped, but roughly the whole back when lain flat is ripped on both legs.  It was basically the result of cuffing them 2" and letting them drag on the ground when they were wet.  Won't make that mistake again.

Denim Therapy quoted me about $180 to repair it--I assume it is quite a job, but I'd be happy with something a little more half-assed considering that's literally the price of the jeans today.  Anyone have any ideas?

Edited by apocalypse later

If it's not clear from the post, let me know and I'll post pics, but here's the issue I have:

My favorite APC NS (3-4+ years old) are ripped basically 2" up from the hem, and the extent is the entire back of the hem and just about ripping towards the front of it.  So the hem itself isn't ripped, but roughly the whole back when lain flat is ripped on both legs.  It was basically the result of cuffing them 2" and letting them drag on the ground when they were wet.  Won't make that mistake again.

Denim Therapy quoted me about $180 to repair it--I assume it is quite a job, but I'd be happy with something a little more half-assed considering that's literally the price of the jeans today.  Anyone have any ideas?

We can fix them at Self Edge for $40 flat:

http://www.selfedge.com/denim_repair.php

Unfortunately I don't live in NYC or SF--do you guys do mail-ins yet or is your policy on repairs still that you have to bring them in?

I'm sorry but if they were not bought from us they must be brought into one of our stores.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

What's the chances of a local tailor doing that Darner process? Want to get a pair of sugar canes repaired but I don't want it done sloppy or with patches. Guess I could ask them it, but dont want them to tell me yes and mess it up guessing how to do it. In Raleigh, NC if anyone can help. Thanks!

Edited by ColdsnapBryan