Options for Buying Japanese Denim

hey all.

i'm pretty new to the boards here but i've been obsessed with denim for a few years now.

i recently ordered some sugarcane '47s from mil-mil.net and received them today (took about 5 days overall).

the guy was really nice and the jeans are, as sugar canes should be, wonderful.

total cost for the jeans and shipping was ~$150 (beats the hell out of history preservation's prices).

Did you just order through the site, or did you mail them?

to synthi and hjj: on the subject of more-net, do they respond to emailed queries? i'm very excited by synthi's reports that they do speak english and ship internationally, and they even carry eternals, but they don't list the 811 and i'd like to email them to check if they do in fact have the jeans.

to synthi and hjj: on the subject of more-net, do they respond to emailed queries? i'm very excited by synthi's reports that they do speak english and ship internationally, and they even carry eternals, but they don't list the 811 and i'd like to email them to check if they do in fact have the jeans.

they didn't answer me, but it's worth a try.

Hello, they are being very helpful but as hjj has said previously, they did not reply to an enquiry. Perhaps orders go through to a different person? Who knows.

The English is perhaps not excellent as I previously said but still very good (and much better than my non existent Japanese so props to them really). The e-mail I got from them today confirming shrinkage and that I cannot return was a bit broken like they used a translator of some kind. Don't Earthmarket do Eternals?? Good luck with things.

Tweedles:

Why the insatiable need to send email? I'm not sure, but I don't think they have the same custom of returning email simply out of courtesy that we do in the US.

All of the inquirey type of emails that I have sent, with the exception of one, went unanswered.

If you try a Rakuten search for Eternal 811, you'll find 5 or 6 shops that sell them.

http://esearch.rakuten.co.jp/rms/sd/esearch/vc?sv=2&sitem=eternal+811

I'm not sure that any of them will ship to the USA. Try placing an order and see what happens. The worst that can happen is that they will cancel your order if they won't ship internationally. Yours success or failure will help others!

Good Luck and have fun!

Tweedles:

Why the insatiable need to send email?

because im an email monster. FEAR ME.

i've tried placing an order with bluefarm once, but without setting up a rakuten account. i don't think i should ruffle their feathers further.

will go and test the waters in the next few weeks!

Went to Blue in Green this weekend and bought a pair of Oni's. They have a great selection, and best of all I was able to try on a pair before buying. They're getting SD and more PBJ in some time, and had a ton of Samurai, Warehouse, Sugarcane, and Oni in stock. Prices were reasonable, too.

I'm not sure if they ship, but they may.

blueingreensoho.com

Went to Blue in Green this weekend and bought a pair of Oni's. They have a great selection, and best of all I was able to try on a pair before buying. They're getting SD and more PBJ in some time, and had a ton of Samurai, Warehouse, Sugarcane, and Oni in stock. Prices were reasonable, too.

blueingreensoho.com

^^^ yes, they ship. send them an email at [email protected] and gordon will handle your order.

I called Blue In Greene today to find out if they had the PBJ xx-004s in stock and what the price is. I was told that they were on order and would be in the store in a couple of weeks. The price I was quoted was $500 (mayb the guy was thinking of the AIs?). I don't know if that was a mistake or not, but I'll certainly not being buying them from BIG if it's not. Get them from xcoldricex for $250 shipped.

blueingreensoho.com

If Sugarcane has to remove the back stitching, how the FUCK do oni get away with it. It's like minya said earlier, a retarded version of the levis stitching..or a retarded kid stitched it....guess they feel sorry...

For ordering Studio D'artisan's, of the shops already proven to ship internationally, your options are:

More-net

Mil-mil.net, though not Rakuten, will ship for a small service fee of 5%. I ordered a pair of Sugar Cane from him, Brown Selvege demin, which he did not usually stock. I think he special ordered them from Sugar Cane them shippped them to me. I would imagine the now that he's selling SDA 103's, he might be will to do the same for any SDA model. So if there is something that you want, that More-net doesn't sell you could try try emaling Mario with specifics and he what he says. His "english" is though a pretty good translator.

THere are still many more Rakuten shops that sell SDA, that no one to this point has tried ordering through. Why not try one of those first. The worst thing that could happen is that your order would be cancelled if they don't ship internationally.

Yeah, they sent them at the top of the week via EMS, they e-mailed me to say so and confirm the tracking number. They landed in the UK 3 days later . . . . and are now sitting in a depot awaiting my customs fee :( It would seem they didn't mark it down + as gift but I'm still quids in as we say here in the UK. Incidentally my Samurai jeans have been stung by customs too and Takashi assured me she'd marked the value down etc. Anyhoo, will post pics when they get delivered next week :D

that's awesome. i would totally order from more-net, but they only have the LH twill sd 003 and i want the sd 103. i've been in touch with mario @ mil-mil, but he takes a 20% commission and i'm not feeling the new price, which is a total bummer. might as well try and see if the klax-on or c-point would be willing to ship in the US.

Are you sure about Mario. A few weeks ago, his web site had said that he was now selling the SD 103's.

Try ordering from any of these and see what happens

http://www.rakuten.co.jp/klax-on/601804/603299/

http://item.rakuten.co.jp/takeoff-c/i00000855/

http://www.rakuten.co.jp/cpoint/483286/484647/#439682

http://www.rakuten.co.jp/gpanya/672247/677009/#711802

if you go to the link at the bottom that says 'law of mailorder' and translate it,

it mentions free shipping nationwide if you purchase 8,000 Y or above since they probably only expect the japanese to order from them. however, it never states that they will not ship to the US. i think with the level of ambiguity, it's probably worth a shot.