Options for Buying Japanese Denim

Complementing Ryu,

"I'm living in (Your Country Here), you can ship overseas too, I hope?

I ask please. "

私は(Your Country Here)に住んでおりますが、海外にも送って頂けるでしょうか?

よろしくお願いいたします。

アメリカ - United States

カナダ - Canada

オーストラリア - Australia

シンガポール - Singapore

スウェーデン - Sweden

イギリス - UK

ノルウェー - Norway

フィンランド - Finland

ドイツ - Germany

フランス - France

タイ - Thailand

香港 - Hong Kong

ニュージーランド - New Zealand

デンマーク - Denmark

After you send it, you can just translate the answer through Google's translator.

Edited by Geowu on Jun 11, 2006 at 03:21 PM

I ordered from mil-mil, I used their shopping cart and then sent an email with the order number, this was the reply. I was little worried but I sent a paypal payment and waited, six days later my order arrived.

Hello.

Thank you for the order.

I am sorry, I do not understand English.

The computer translates this E-mail into English.

Please understand though there are sentences not understood easily either.

Paypal address [email protected]

Please contact the mailing address me again.

Please question again when there is a thing that doesn't understand.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

To the person who use a overseas mail order.

We have some conditions for a overseas mail order.

We just can understand easy English, so please ask us for using simply

English.

1)Write the product name, color, size, your country, full name, please.

You can't return and exchange the product, so please be careful to size

in particular.

2)We'll send email about that are the cost including shipping cost and the

products are availale or not.

3)We use PAYPAL for payment.

Please pay Japanese Yen to PAYPAL.

https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_home

4)The total costs are A+B+C.

(A)The procudt cost+Japanese Tax(5%).

(B)Shipping costs (It depends on the weight.)

(C)A realization fee (A+B)*5%.

5)We'll send the products by EMS when we confirmed a remittance.

And we'll send email about an inquiry number after sending the products.

About EMS

http://www.ems-post.jp/index.php?lang=en&langBtn=%E7%A7%BB%E5%8B%95

My best regards.

milwaukee mario kenjo

I was worried but he also has sent me stuff ( waiting for it to arrive but have EMS number).

By the way he will also buy other makes for you that he doesn't stock, priced as per formula above,in Yen,through Paypal, and charges 20% commission for the service. So my SD003's and SD001's came to £143 each pair including shipping. Will let you know when they arrive. Seems a good guy.

I would suggest that you try to order directly from C-point or Klax-on, by simply just placing an order using your Rakuten ID and see what happens. AS of yet l don't think that we have determined whether or not these shops will shipp internationally. If they don't, they will cancel your order.

If these don't work, Mario and Mil-mil,net is not selling the D-103, but could likely getothers in stock at request. His service fee is the lowest, short of going it alone on Rakuten.

I have priced out a pair of Sugar Canes from three different sources and have got a variey of quotes. Unfortunately , I cannot find them available at a Rakuten Shop, so my choices were Juno, Celga, and Mil-mil.net. I could have asked coldrice, but have not as of yet.

The jeans were base priced at Y12800, which by current Paypal conversion is around $114. If I could have found them at a shop on Rakuten that shipped internationally( Super-rag, Hinoya or Earthmarket, for example, all were out of stock) My cost should have been base plus 5% tax ($6) plus shipping ($15-20), for a total of $135 ( shipping inside of Japan was free). The three quotes that I got were $151, $171, and $178.The two bid services add a "service fee" ,but they also upcharged on conversion rate, shipping and tax. In one case the "$15 service fee", turned out to be close to a 30% mark up!

A word about email:

I have sent out a bunch of emails now, some in English and some in Japanese, using the general email in an above posting. I have gotten very few responses. It seems that a pattern is emerging. If there are any native Japanese in the thread, please chime in , as I may likely be completely wrong. It seems to me, that the culture of answering email may be different in Japan than in the US. I cannot speak for other countries. It seems that only emails that the recipient had a positive interest in returning were answered. I only received affrimative emails, and no "I'm sorry...". It seems that rather than answer in the negative, it may the culture to simply not answers them. Again, I may be completely wrong, but I'd love to hear others' email experiences.

Edited by Pauken4 on Jun 13, 2006 at 08:05 PM

Ok...I might give it a try on the weekend if I find some extra money icon_smile_dissapprove.gif and decide what I want. I am not sure how a repro will look on me as I am very skinny (5'6-7' and 110 lbs). Regular 501s look pretty good if I can find a good size. The only bad thing is that right now I don't have my laptop and my desktop does not have Japanese installed and I can't find they disk to do so. icon_smile_sad.gif

Edited by Anguished Irony on Jun 13, 2006 at 10:01 PM

Quote: Hi,I accepted the order from you now.

he problem is not in payment with VISA card either.

However, there is one problem.

In it, the carriage is a thing that the 2600 yen hangs when I examine

it.

And, processing to which the order was accepted by the amount of

money in which

the carriage was added was done.

FBJ-101 is sent at once if there is no problem in this.

Please inform me if there is a problem. The cancellation is processed.

wtf??

http://repeattofade.blogspot.com/

yessss

Quote: Hi.Mr Erik

The order from you was accepted.

The carriage becomes 2600 yen.

FBJ-101 is sent as early as possible.

This was from Rebirth http://www.rakuten.ne.jp/gold/rebirth/

It's Works Corp's, who manufacture Ironheart, Triple Works & Free-Bee, online shop.

They wont sell you items that are available at ironheart.co.uk, but you can order other things, like I did.

HJJ:

I know I'm stating the obvious, but it sounds as if they need to add Y2600 for shipping which didn't get added when you placed your order. They are asking you if it ok bill you the Y2600, if so the order will be shipped. If not,then they will cancel the order.

How did you respond to them?

Quote:

I have ordered from rebirh now, I will let you know how it goes.

Anguished, get a pair of Skull's maybe? They ship internationally.

http://www.fabfour.co.jp/netshop/babe/showcase/list_btm001.html

--- Original message by horriblyjollyjinx on Jun 14, 2006 07:15 AM

The 5010XX 6x6 looks cool but I am trying to keep it as cheap as possible and the Studio D'Artisans are cheaper (I am looking at the lighter weight ones like the SD-203s and what not and they are around $150)...so are the PBJ xx003 I think.

has anyone noticed a trend in the rakuten shops that do ship? I noticed NO SD, no eternals, no samurai (although they ship it themselves). And Sugarcane is almost on everyone's that ships outside JP. Maybe SD, eternal, samurai has some kind of agreement that the company can't ship outside JP? Just a thought.

Edit: Anyone understand the point system on rakuten?

Point that Mr. can use:Â@141 points(yen)A super-point can be used.

The point can be used as "One point = one yen". Please select the presence used. Details of

use are selected on the following screen where a super-point is used. We will shop without

using the point that doesn't use a super-point. - Note

When the carriage and the consumption tax, etc. are totaled, the amount of the payout might be

insufficient only in the point use.

Please select the following payment methods even when you shop by using a super-point.

Edited by digital_denim on Jun 15, 2006 at 12:31 AM

Quote:

HJJ:

I know I'm stating the obvious, but it sounds as if they need to add Y2600 for shipping which didn't get added when you placed your order. They are asking you if it ok bill you the Y2600, if so the order will be shipped. If not,then they will cancel the order.

How did you respond to them?

--- Original message by Pauken4 on Jun 14, 2006 11:43 AM

Yeah, I told them that 2600 yen was OK.

I don't need to reply to this, do I?

Quote: ---------------------------------------------------------------------

本メールはショップにて行ったご注文情報や送料などの確定・変更について、楽天市場

のサーバに到達した翌日に送信される自動配信メールです。ショップからお送りする

ご注文内容に関する連絡と重複する場合がございますこと、ご了承ください。

---------------------------------------------------------------------

この度、REBIRTHにおいて下記の手続きが完了しましたのでご連絡させていただきます。

・注文内容修正(送料の確定・変更、価格・個数・手数料の変更など)

手続き後のご注文内容を下記に記載しておりますので、ご確認ください。

ご不明な点がございましたら、ショップ「REBIRTH」までお問い合わせください。

hey all.

i'm pretty new to the boards here but i've been obsessed with denim for a few years now.

i recently ordered some sugarcane '47s from mil-mil.net and received them today (took about 5 days overall).

the guy was really nice and the jeans are, as sugar canes should be, wonderful.

total cost for the jeans and shipping was ~$150 (beats the hell out of history preservation's prices).