Options for Buying Japanese Denim

okay, I just followed Super-Rag's Rakuten account instructions and managed to order a pair of Bears x Eternal denim.

I have no idea if this is going to work.

I sent Bears a feebly-translated email attempting to explain my situation and asking them to hem my jeans to 82.5 cm and telling them I hoped they shipped internationally, haha.

I guess I'll find out soon if this works or not icon_smile_tongue.gif

you provide a japanese address when they ask you for your mailing address- that address is the one provided by your mail forwarder, and once the package reaches that location they will inform you, you pay a certain freight fee and they forward the package along to your home address. that's the gist of that service. but i tried it once and you still ahve to make sure the site accepts an international credit card.

Quote:

you provide a japanese address when they ask you for your mailing address- that address is the one provided by your mail forwarder, and once the package reaches that location they will inform you, you pay a certain freight fee and they forward the package along to your home address. that's the gist of that service. but i tried it once and you still ahve to make sure the site accepts an international credit card.

--- Original message by tweedlesinpink on Jun 5, 2006 06:20 AM

so, is it any cheaper than using bid-service? do you have the address still?

våran panel tycker att man ska koka pastan i två år

Isn't that pretty much the same as celga/bid-service? The only differences being that you make the purchase yourself and I guess you end up making 2 seperate payments instead of one lump sum.

the one i use is provided by my local postal service so it serves only singapore unfortunately. it ships stuff from the US and japan back home. but i'm sure you could contact the various freight movers to enquire about similar services. it is quite like celga and bidservice. i'm not sure, but it could possibly be cheaper though. their premiums are a bit on the high side i'm sure? doing it yourself involves nothing but effort and shipping costs based on weight, which can result in some good savings.

again, i'm speaking only from experience with my own mail forwarder. sorry about my lack of info. icon_smile.gif

Anyone here write Japanese? If so, maybe we can create a generic note that states "we're ordering from the US (insert your country here) and if they would be able to ship the item." Something simple, and of course include lots of "thank you's" and "sorry for the troubles". At least we know what we're sending is grammatically correct and accurate.

Quote: Anyone here write Japanese? If so, maybe we can create a generic note that states "we're ordering from the US (insert your country here) and if they would be able to ship the item." Something simple, and of course include lots of "thank you's" and "sorry for the troubles". At least we know what we're sending is grammatically correct and accurate.

I can type in Japanese for you, but won't you also be getting a reply in Japanese that way?

Quote:

Anyone here write Japanese? If so, maybe we can create a generic note that states "we're ordering from the US (insert your country here) and if they would be able to ship the item." Something simple, and of course include lots of "thank you's" and "sorry for the troubles". At least we know what we're sending is grammatically correct and accurate.

--- Original message by digital_denim on Jun 5, 2006 11:43 PM

it's my bussiness !!

here you are.

Ž„‚ÃÆ’AÆ’ÂÆ’Å Æ’J‚ÉÂZ‚ñ‚Å‚¨‚è‚Ü‚·‚ªÂAÅ CÅ O‚É‚à‘—‚ÂĒ¸‚¯‚é‚Å‚µ‚傤‚©ÂH

‚æ‚낵‚­‚¨Šè‚¢‚¢‚½‚µ‚Ü‚·ÂB

that's it.

Quote: it's my bussiness !!

here you are.

Ž„‚ÃÆ’AÆ’ÂÆ’Å Æ’J‚ÉÂZ‚ñ‚Å‚¨‚è‚Ü‚·‚ªÂAÅ CÅ O‚É‚à‘—‚ÂĒ¸‚¯‚é‚Å‚µ‚傤‚©ÂH

‚æ‚낵‚­‚¨Šè‚¢‚¢‚½‚µ‚Ü‚·ÂB

that's it.

Perfect.

I can read it on my mac when I turn my "view/text encoding" to "Japanese (Shift JIS)".

Quote:

I totally forgot you can order stuff from Guitarwolf. They have some jeans made by Drybones. But they do ask you to send them a international money order. Not sure if Dry Bones is taking the orders or Guitarwolf.

Here's the site that I almost ordered from:

http://guitarwolf.shop-pro.jp/

--- Original message by digital_denim on Jun 7, 2006 01:55 PM

Can anyone comment (or post photos) on the fit and quality of these jeans - I really like the look of them from pictures - and at about $225 shipped to my door, the price, if the quality is good.

Thanks,

-Jake

As far as I'm concerned, I prefer silent vice to ostentatious virtue.

-Albert Einstein