sipang

Patrik Ervell Men's F/W 11.12 New York

wow why does this suck

cadet coats are cool though

edit: i'm just mad it doesnt seem as innocent anymore.

onemancult's parallel of Ervell & Lang come through strongest in this collection more than any before.

Dig his modified colour palette. Boiler suits are wicked.

this is patrik ervell?!

i thought this was a petar petrov typo based on the colours & leather. this is looking fucking good. agreed on the boiler suit too.

00160big_320x480.jpg

love this jacket

lovin the charcoal wool suit (second look) and the first look is also really sick, minus shoes/socks. Really not into the bunched up sock look goin on.

this is patrik ervell?!

i thought this was a petar petrov typo based on the colours & leather.

Still the same focus on visual textures, and the woven belts + caps are definitely continuity.

More Ervell details when you get closer:

Patrik-Ervell-FW1112-Homotography-1.jpg

Patrik-Ervell-FW1112-Homotography-2.jpg

Patrik-Ervell-FW1112-Homotography-3.jpg

Patrik-Ervell-FW1112-Homotography-4.jpg

Patrik-Ervell-FW1112-Homotography-5.jpg

Patrik-Ervell-FW1112-Homotography-6.jpg

Patrik-Ervell-FW1112-Homotography-7.jpg

00160big_320x480.jpg

love this jacket

I've got the navy one that was already produced and it's really fantastic. Quality is good and Made in the USA - cotton lined in the body and silk in the sleeves so I've found it to be surprisingly warm, too.

This collection is excellent - feels extremely contemporary without being too 'futuristic' or fashion-y. I don't see any of this looking dated anytime soon which is not to say that it's going to start looking very average either. I think Tweeds reference to Raf circa '00 on SZ is a good one. I don't think it will become quite as iconographic (I don't think anyone will ever out-Raf in that aspect) but I could see it aging similarly (if not better for the lack of 'references' which I think is currently killing the perception of Raf's work now to a certain extent).

Servo is spot on...

The lack of visual iconography is something that really goes to the heart of Ervell in a way. What was for Raf the quickest way to communicate to a particular generation of consumers, is today also one of the reasons why he is receiving flak for his work. Ervell has little of that, for better/worse. Further, his signatures lie in his details - rounded flaps, soft edges, interplay between fabric textures - which are more durable and easier to manipulate across seasons. Think this season demonstrates that well.

edit: writing fashion commentary while i'm writing my fucking thesis leads to verbosity...apologies

edit2: Only thing that sucks is the flatness on the showroom pieces. All that texture was just runway lighting?

definitely gonna pick up the m65 and one of those crewneck sweaters

i agree that the appeal of ervell's clothes is in the textile, dye process and tailoring, less on visual, styling or overload on details ([email protected])

Guest redtag

I am truly and deeply in love with this collection!

00100big_320x480.jpg

This is one of the photos that I believe is a head-turner. If I were to see someone wearing this sweater then I would really be sparing him a second glance. I do appreciate this specific type of clothing, after all.

fuck, well excited over this collection. outerwear all looks on point.

now to save..

^ this is ss11. and the proportions look a little off, imo.

oops wrong thread, maybe but i think that might be the photo, lighting etc

Wow, i'm really looking forward to this collection, it's a shame i'm in between sizes for this sweaters though :(

a few things up on opening ceremony. bummed the field coat always looks better on the rack than it does on person.

pop_44001_2.jpg

it looks too short? anyway, still hanging for the cadet jacket..

Park and Bond also has a small handful online as well. The floral shirt being the main standout.

Saw the Norwegian knit at OC, it's dope but yeah sizing kinda weird on me. Barney's got several jackets, I think it's the cadet one, looks really warm.

the new winter jeans on park and bond are 99 bucks?

thats a mistake right (if so, someone should jump on that.)

Stopped by OCNY today, FW11 first delivery is looking real nice. Standouts include the Norwegian Sweaters, Leather Daypacks w/ horsehair, Canvas Coated Bomber Jackets, Knit Baseball Jacket and those heavy denim shirts.

Also starting to stock on the site:

http://www.openingceremony.us/ocsearch.asp?keyword=ervell#1,all,1,1