Acronym.

Westbrook

3rd Arm == Bagjack to be fair.

They use the basic bagjack designs but with different fabric, zippers, clips. And everything is produced by bagjack also. So it's just a choice if you want the aesthatics or not and if you are willing to pay for it.

Does Bagjack really have a 3A-1/3A-3TS/3A-5TS equivalent? I know that they share some parts and processes but I didn't think that they share designs (excepting the 12TS/CirDisCover). 

Bagjack is producing the stuff. Basic´s can be found in every messenger bag worldwide. That is not the clue. The difference is really the high craftsmanship and some functions for example in the 3A-1 can´t be found in other bags from someone else. I really like the closures and size of the pockets. The 3A-1 and the 3A-5-TSR are my favorites. Have a 3A-1 and really like it. Would only replace it for a 3A-5-TSR.

3rd Arm == Bagjack to be fair.

They use the basic bagjack designs but with different fabric, zippers, clips. And everything is produced by bagjack also. So it's just a choice if you want the aesthatics or not and if you are willing to pay for it.

Nope, to be fair, 3rd Arm == Acronym x Bagjack, designed by Acronym, manufactured by Bagjack. 

Acronym adaptations of Bagjack designs/systems like the Circdiscover and QLQRÆ  are properly credited:

3A-11TS

Based on BAGJACKs incredibly engineered CIRCDISCOVER system, the 3A-11TS is a variable position handsfree iPad INTEROPSæ case

QLQRÆ

Quick Lock Quick Release. ACRONYM® THIRD ARM sub-system for rapid adjustment 

of web support straps. Developed in conjunction with BAGJACK®, Berlin. 

Nope, to be fair, 3rd Arm == Acronym x Bagjack, designed by Acronym, manufactured by Bagjack. 

Acronym adaptations of Bagjack designs/systems like the Circdiscover and QLQRÆ  are properly credited:

3A-11TS

Based on BAGJACKs incredibly engineered CIRCDISCOVER system, the 3A-11TS is a variable position handsfree iPad INTEROPSæ case

QLQRÆ

Quick Lock Quick Release. ACRONYM® THIRD ARM sub-system for rapid adjustment 

of web support straps. Developed in conjunction with BAGJACK®, Berlin. 

And the white innerbag is Bagjack, the extra inside pocket is bagjack, the stabilizer pad is bagjack, the 5TS is a bagjack format, the 7TS is a bagjack format, the laptop sleeves are bagjack, the solar panel is bagjack....

I'm not saying they don't work together or don't give credits etc. Hell, they clearly do a collaborative effort and it's off course hard to say who ''came up'' with some of the features originally. It doesn't matter also.

But if you look purely at a functional level then price-wise you would be better off buying a plain bagjack as 80% of the bag is the same.

Edited by shadows

i'm interviewing errolson tomorrow - anyone have any questions they'd like me to ask? 

Any plans for a re-release of either the WS-J25 or SET-2?

I need these things. 

Make sure to post the interview here after you're done!

And the white innerbag is Bagjack, the extra inside pocket is bagjack, the stabilizer pad is bagjack, the 5TS is a bagjack format, the 7TS is a bagjack format, the laptop sleeves are bagjack, the solar panel is bagjack....

I'm not saying they don't work together or don't give credits etc. Hell, they clearly do a collaborative effort and it's off course hard to say who ''came up'' with some of the features originally. It doesn't matter also.

But if you look purely at a functional level then price-wise you would be better off buying a plain bagjack as 80% of the bag is the same.

I see your point, some of 3rd Arm pieces do make use of existing or co-developed Bagjack systems but not all. Some like the 3A-1, 3A-12TS, the tote bag etc. are ACR pieces with no Bagjack equivalent. Btw. the solar panel is by a company called Solarc.

I guess if you look at it purely at a functional level, then pretty much all bags will do the same thing really and price-wise there are plenty out there with similar features for less money than either Acronym or Bagjack. Unless you consider style a function that is. 

I need some sort of 'stabilizer' to keep the 3a-12ts from sliding downwards and resting on my side when it's slung around my back. Kind of annoying but not sure of an easy way to remedy it. Any ideas?

There are three solutions to this, but only two of them will work properly for something as small as the 12TS. 

One is to wear it very high and tight on the back. Another is to put a shoulder pad on the strap which is made of a very grippy material (like a rubbery-mesh, something that will grip your clothes and not move).

The final option is to install a stabiliser strap (3-point), but that won't work so well on a bag so small.

Edited by Sypron

I need some sort of 'stabilizer' to keep the 3a-12ts from sliding downwards and resting on my side when it's slung around my back. Kind of annoying but not sure of an easy way to remedy it. Any ideas?

Umm, it's called a side bag for a reason :)

But yeah sling it tight. 

I see your point, some of 3rd Arm pieces do make use of existing or co-developed Bagjack systems but not all. Some like the 3A-1, 3A-12TS, the tote bag etc. are ACR pieces with no Bagjack equivalent. Btw. the solar panel is by a company called Solarc.

I guess if you look at it purely at a functional level, then pretty much all bags will do the same thing really and price-wise there are plenty out there with similar features for less money than either Acronym or Bagjack. Unless you consider style a function that is. 

Indeed, they don't have an equivalent for al form-factors. And the 3A-1 especially is an amazing bag which combines, in my opinion, the perfect size with as much storage space as possible. The perfect everyday ''messenger''.

I do think that style is somewhat of a function. You can walk around with a great bag but to be honest if it looks shit then I'd rather go with a less functional bag that looks far better. Off course that only goes for everyday life, in specific environments like mountain climbing, hiking etc. I couldn't care less even if it was bright pink with purple dots as long as it is highly functional for the job.

^ Discount doesn't apply. Hypebeast gives you an initial 10% for ordering $500 + and makes you a VIP member. (Apparently this gives you a "special status" whereby you receive "special discounts" on future orders.) <-- Who really knows how that will be applied and if it pertains to Acronym pieces. 

But thanks, anyway. (10% is better than nothing.)

Edited by TresUnCool

Hard to nail down a general fit. It really depends on the piece. For instance, I tried both DS models in medium and large and found one far too small and the other sloppy. Win some, lose some.

(I'm a medium across the board in Veilance jackets...that I've tried.)

Edited by TresUnCool

EDIT: apparently the "everything" discount doesn't apply to acronym, lameeeee...

according to errolson, acronym instructs retailers to never mark down its stuff. 

also, i interviewed errolson for business of fashion last week. check it out: http://www.businessoffashion.com/2013/09/acronyms-uncompromising-focus-on-function.html

according to errolson, acronym instructs retailers to never mark down its stuff. 

also, i interviewed errolson for business of fashion last week. check it out: http://www.businessoffashion.com/2013/09/acronyms-uncompromising-focus-on-function.html

Thanks for posting the interview quasky, I'm halfway through it right now. Very enjoyable!

Interesting point about never marking down Acronym stuff. It must have been a rare occurrence but I saw a few pieces at 50% off on NittyGritty a few months back. 

Hard to nail down a general fit. It really depends on the piece. For instance, I tried both DS models in medium and large and found one far too small and the other sloppy. Win some, lose some.

(I'm a medium across the board in Veilance jackets...that I've tried.)

I'm curious about the fit as well. I've established that I'm medium for pants (small fits my waist but is way too short for my legs) and I'm probably small for jackets but I've got a limited sample group so I could be medium as well.

I just ordered the T6 in medium and I'm really hoping it fits, there was no sizing info on the page (but Errolson was pictured in large and he's usually a size above me, so maybe it will be fine).

Edited by Sypron

^^^^ The sizing issue gets mentioned quite a bit - but given how they list their measurements and describe the Fit (txt + img), I've never had an issue. Sized down one from my standard M on both the DS and the GT-J29 for a slimmer fit.

04/05 cuts were def. a bit roomier than what they're pursuing now - as pointed out in the BOF article (which was good, BTW), but just pay attention to the numbers. Veilance has been a harder datum to define, personally.

Thanks for posting the interview quasky, I'm halfway through it right now. Very enjoyable!

Interesting point about never marking down Acronym stuff. It must have been a rare occurrence but I saw a few pieces at 50% off on NittyGritty a few months back. 

interesting - i'm sure it does happen, but they would have been asked not to.