Acronym.

Westbrook

^ Words from the wize there, I totally agree with this sentiment, to the point where it mirrors my own behaviour, I have been very lucky however with my last purchase through SuFu for the P30 for which I am eternally grateful to @1i1i1ii1

Edited by TEKsevenZERO

5 hours ago, Inkinsurgent said:

Anyone else feel like the second hand market for ACR has been in a rut? For a couple of years now grailed has just been a repository of previous season hype pieces being flipped and staple pieces sitting forever for retail prices, there is essentially zero supply of older pieces being passed on (probably because by now everyone who has pre-2018 acr loves that time period and won't part with it) and ebay has become essentially irrelevant. Even the sufu CST, while it has a lot of productive community members, is 90% last year's items from people who can't or don't want to return. I think the last time i was truly enthused about the brand was when hanon was doing their archive sale.

Been feeling the same and that's one of the reasons I'm building: https://www.reversible.com/shopping/men/designer/ACRONYM (only desktop site for now)

It's designed to be product oriented and feel free to dm me old season product info and I can add it to the site, to facilitate WTS and WTB.

Maybe I’m a couple of steps behind you @Inkinsurgent but I still get a buzz from Acronym drop day. 
I hear what you mean with the 2nd hand market and I’m as much to blame as anyone. I’ve been ridiculously making purchases for things I really don’t require. Now I realise it’s quite hard to move an item on without losing out too much.

If you’re after a certain piece(s) please put a lil shout out on here. I’ve got to chat to some pretty cool cats on here, who were super helpful.

Edited by FelixRevolt

I mean, drop day is still exciting, don't get me wrong. Even when you're not buying, seeing the new stuff is great.

I just miss the sort of collector's high you get from watching ebay or grailed and bumping into some old piece you particularly like. Can still get that from veilance whenever i find a 2010-2014 timeframe piece though, so at least there's that.

3 minutes ago, Inkinsurgent said:

I mean, drop day is still exciting, don't get me wrong. Even when you're not buying, seeing the new stuff is great.

I just miss the sort of collector's high you get from watching ebay or grailed and bumping into some old piece you particularly like. Can still get that from veilance whenever i find a 2010-2014 timeframe piece though, so at least there's that.

All of this kind of stuff just happens in cycles. That stuff doesn't circulate forever. You're lucky if you see anything older than FW '17. But I think as we move forward the cycle will continue; the hot items will sell first, the steady eddies will sit on the mothersite and retail webstores, the vets here who cop will turn over their old pieces eventually. I'm not so miffed about the temporary droughts. 

5 hours ago, Grave said:

Also, there's a JP shop with some bits of the retail drop: https://www.urban-research.jp/products/list.php?brand=ACRONYM
Has some pretty convincing product shots of the P41-DS, for me at least.

Really loving the comparisons lmao. J1W looks like it's gonna be great for layering and big bois. Also really glad the flap is back even if there's still a zip beneath it

j1aj1a.jpeg

j58j91.jpeg

Shiny zip good

S/o to faster & cheaper shipping than mothersite lmfao big up to whoever posted the link

Feel like theres gonna be enough for everyone but GL to whoever is copping on Monday ~ ~ ~

3610F1EF-89B0-41F0-ACDB-AC68BA89F6A4.jpeg