Westbrook

Acronym.

Posted (edited)

Via Ed

43F0BF73-66AE-4817-B13C-8E0FE2AC631E.jpeg

Edited by jeddyhsu

Sooo I've got a very old Veilance jacket from when I was young and foolish and didn't know you have to wash Goretex often, and predictably it's terribly delaminated, especially on the upper back. Wondering, besides being ugly, and I guess making it easier to accidentally rip the membrane, what are the downsides of delamination? I had assumed that waterproofing goes, but I've been in downpours and even worn it into the shower. It wets out, but I'm still totally dry after? Weird, right?

Posted (edited)

UPDATE: got em

LC: Anyone seen these (the 2nd pic...attachments went to the bottom) before? Has the old black tags without the style info. There's a plain spellout logo tab (not the sea air land... but just straight ACRONYM) by the knee, which I'm not sure if I've ever seen...

did stumble across some similar pants without the cargo pockets, so maybe?

1477256078738.jpg

acrnm cargos.jpeg

Edited by beepy

3 hours ago, beepy said:

LC: Anyone seen these (the 2nd pic...attachments went to the bottom) before? Has the old black tags without the style info. There's a plain spellout logo tab (not the sea air land... but just straight ACRONYM) by the knee, which I'm not sure if I've ever seen...

did stumble across some similar pants without the cargo pockets, so maybe?

1477256078738.jpg

Might be the WS-P3a? The pocket layout and cuffs resemble it.

10 minutes ago, SNg said:

Might be the WS-P3a? The pocket layout and cuffs resemble it.

Think you're right about the P3A. Don't know how I forgot about those. Have the fit saved somewhere even.

Except these are in E. 

def. the P3A / FW0506  /

released in 2 versions, N-P3A and WS-P3A

30.jpg

31.jpg

Posted (edited)

@daniel we'd all be lost without the help from this man. true definition of "archive" for acronym

Edited by iamundying

currently wearing my s19-ds and wondering how the fit/patterning of the s24-ds  compares? measurements wise they seem pretty similar

2 hours ago, chris_n said:

currently wearing my s19-ds and wondering how the fit/patterning of the s24-ds  compares? measurements wise they seem pretty similar

coincidentally wearing mine as well. patterning is indistinguishable apart from the s19's front and center seam and the s24 is roomier, boxier and a little longer where it matters enough to consider if wearing either of them on their own.

Interesting. I’ve only owned(own) an S15 previous to the S24 and I’d presumed the 15 and 19 were more similar in fit. The 15 is much more fitted overall and has more complex shoulder patterning than the 24, and is slightly longer in the hem but shorter in the sleeve, all of which I preferred over the super boxy 24. Might need to track down a 19 now to see if it fills the gap between the two. 

7 hours ago, uboraan said:

coincidentally wearing mine as well. patterning is indistinguishable apart from the s19's front and center seam and the s24 is roomier, boxier and a little longer where it matters enough to consider if wearing either of them on their own.

kinda wanted something boxier than the 19 so this is great. 

by patterning is indistinguishable do you mean the overall shape or all the shoulder darting and paneling is the same between the two shirts?

yeah i was referring to paneling, besides the front center seam and rear delt paneling, the paneling is identical

Posted (edited)

47 and 77 are HIGHLY underrated pieces

Edited by brainerd666
65-AK not on sale whoops

1 hour ago, brainerd666 said:

47 and 77 are HIGHLY underrated pieces

would've picked up the 47 if it was my size

47 hoods are comically small though, i love my 47A but if I know 100% that its gonna rain, I usually go with J1A for the massive hood

Does anyone have a J32-GT spec sheet? I'd love a photo/scan if possible, ty.

wonder what the surprise pieces are..

6 hours ago, Joshua James Barry said:

Gore-tex socks, paclite for sure 

heard gore-tex pro y-fronts with a cape. u1a-gt

On 8/21/2021 at 12:38 AM, scamster said:

heard gore-tex pro y-fronts with a cape. u1a-gt

3A7TS please

Haven't been purchasing acr shells since fw18, anyone can tell me how the new gore-tex pro feels compared to the previous version, or are there related discussions I can check out?

On 6/28/2021 at 5:32 PM, nodre said:

does anyone ever actually use the gravity pocket? even the smoothest demo requires an aggressive karate chop.. ya'll doing that at the cafe register?

I have never used a gravity pocket  . . .ever!

12 hours ago, Konzentriert said:

Haven't been purchasing acr shells since fw18, anyone can tell me how the new gore-tex pro feels compared to the previous version, or are there related discussions I can check out?

There are three types of the new gtx pro but the mostly used by acr is the most breathable, not sure if there would be the most rugged for the coming winter.