Jump to content
Westbrook

Acronym.

Recommended Posts

On 6/28/2021 at 5:32 PM, nodre said:

does anyone ever actually use the gravity pocket? even the smoothest demo requires an aggressive karate chop.. ya'll doing that at the cafe register?

I actually find it really convenient for my airpod case lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Late to the party, just picked up a S23-AK, thanks again for the heads up on Notre.  For SS I wish it was a little lighter weight, but pretty optimistic about it regardless.  I am thinking I may try and take the hem up a bit so it's less tunic more shirt, anyone else been down this road?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, markdjr said:

Late to the party, just picked up a S23-AK, thanks again for the heads up on Notre.  For SS I wish it was a little lighter weight, but pretty optimistic about it regardless.  I am thinking I may try and take the hem up a bit so it's less tunic more shirt, anyone else been down this road?

just make sure you get the tailor to use tension thread..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, markdjr said:

Late to the party, just picked up a S23-AK, thanks again for the heads up on Notre.  For SS I wish it was a little lighter weight, but pretty optimistic about it regardless.  I am thinking I may try and take the hem up a bit so it's less tunic more shirt, anyone else been down this road?

Pretty risky as the hem is a different, reinforced knit pattern, would need a fairly good tailor to replicate it and I'm not sure how good the end result would be. When wearing pants that don't accommodate for the length, it just stacks and looks shorter anyway. I'd recommend leaving as is to be honest.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i'm in the camp that your clothes should fit you right, but if making alterations always go with professionals

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, moneytalks said:

i'm in the camp that your clothes should fit you right, but if making alterations always go with professionals

 

This is less of a fit issue and more of a design preference.  It fits fine, I just think I'll get more mileage out of a standard length shirt.  I've got a great tailor in town that has done some other mods to my ACR stuff. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i meant to say that i support your plan to make alterations to your preference
and to also repeat that tension thread is important for t-shirt or sweater hems

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Long shot here, but does anyone have a veilance moondust and ACRNM alphagreen (DS ideally) side by side comparison please? Virtually every alphagreen shot I've seen looks slightly different!

Edited by agentbuca

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, agentbuca said:

Long shot here, but does anyone have a veilance moondust and ACRNM alphagreen (DS ideally) side by side comparison please? Virtually every alphagreen shot I've seen looks slightly different!

Component Loden -> P30 -> Frame Moondust
 

Photo does not capture the colours at all…

 

Darkest to lightest
loden, alpha, moondust

 

Saturation

moondust, loden, alpha

DE60EB6A-B70A-4A01-880B-7145B37B8185.jpeg

Edited by vandiraidur

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

any idea when 2122 will come up?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, vandiraidur said:

Component Loden -> P30 -> Frame Moondust
 

Photo does not capture the colours at all…

 

Darkest to lightest
loden, alpha, moondust

 

Saturation

moondust, loden, alpha

 

Dude thank you so much, that is exactly what I was looking for! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello folks, is it appreciated if I post my videos here?

Have a nice day!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, AggaCityGang said:

Hello folks, is it appreciated if I post my videos here?

Have a nice day!

Hey dude! You should post what you like (as long as it's Acronym) and ignore what the haters think. Errolson reposted your last video on instagram so clearly, if it's good enough for him, it should be good enough for us.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
On 7/8/2021 at 10:05 AM, AggaCityGang said:

Hello folks, is it appreciated if I post my videos here?

Have a nice day!

I enjoy the technical portions of your videos. The side by side J1 demonstration was well done and helpful to visualize how different features work.

Unsolicited advice would be to work on your scripting. Some of the storytelling sections run on a bit too long for my taste. The message overall is fine, but tighten up how you're expressing it.

Edited by brian_g

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, brian_g said:

I enjoy the technical portions of your videos. The side by side J1 demonstration was well done and helpful to visualize how different features work.

Unsolicited advice would be to work on your scripting. Some of the storytelling sections run on a bit too long for my taste. The message overall is fine, but tighten up how you're expressing it.

Appreciate the feedback! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/8/2021 at 4:47 PM, analog29 said:

Hey dude! You should post what you like (as long as it's Acronym) and ignore what the haters think. Errolson reposted your last video on instagram so clearly, if it's good enough for him, it should be good enough for us.

Thanks, you are right! It just that if "most people" (here) would not appreciate it in general, then there's kind of no point is there? But based on these reactions I guess there is interest, thanks!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, AggaCityGang said:

Thanks, you are right! It just that if "most people" (here) would not appreciate it in general, then there's kind of no point is there? But based on these reactions I guess there is interest, thanks!

Did you ask the fishes if it was ok before you flopped into the lake? No, because you're a chow chow and chow chows do whatever the fuck they want. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

“Wtf? They really should’ve kept gatekeeping…”

EFB1103B-1E6A-478D-A651-FB365C373AA9.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So I've been daily driving a 3a-1 for the last couple of years with 13" to 15" laptops, need to use a mac at work though and got a new 16" macbook pro this week that I can barely fit into the 3a-1. While its still possible, I get really uncomfortable with how the teeth of the zipper scratch against the device. Would preferably add some kind of sleeve as well and I have a hard time believing I could make that fit into the 3a-1.

At the moment I'm leaning towards purchasing a backjag laptop insert for my 3a-5ts and start using that as my daily instead, it's a far bulkier bag though and I'd miss the mezanine pockets on the 3a-1 which are so extremely useful. The insert alone is €150 if I'd want to add a pair of MK1s that another 2x €250 at which is feels I could just as well comission a bigger 3a-1 for a similar price. 

Anyone with similar experiences of the 3a-1 and bigger laptops or with some input/advice? :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/28/2021 at 10:32 PM, nodre said:

does anyone ever actually use the gravity pocket? even the smoothest demo requires an aggressive karate chop.. ya'll doing that at the cafe register?

Yeah, for my smaller phones. I have to admit that it's gotten less useful over the years as my main phones have got bigger.

The pocket is, or should I say was before... you know... also useful for transit cards, and even going forwards contactless payment if you refuse to join the Apple mindlessdronehive with a Watch. No need to take your card out, just brush your sleeve against the reader. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, @gnrsn said:

So I've been daily driving a 3a-1 for the last couple of years with 13" to 15" laptops, need to use a mac at work though and got a new 16" macbook pro this week that I can barely fit into the 3a-1. While its still possible, I get really uncomfortable with how the teeth of the zipper scratch against the device. Would preferably add some kind of sleeve as well and I have a hard time believing I could make that fit into the 3a-1.

At the moment I'm leaning towards purchasing a backjag laptop insert for my 3a-5ts and start using that as my daily instead, it's a far bulkier bag though and I'd miss the mezanine pockets on the 3a-1 which are so extremely useful. The insert alone is €150 if I'd want to add a pair of MK1s that another 2x €250 at which is feels I could just as well comission a bigger 3a-1 for a similar price. 

Anyone with similar experiences of the 3a-1 and bigger laptops or with some input/advice? :D

The 3A-5 is my goto for that reason, it can accommodate pretty much everything. The problem though is all-up weight. The Bagjack insert is a tad lighter than the original Acronym inserts but they're not as good. If  I need a more 'pack stuff in' aspect than the 3A-1 while keeping the compact dimensions I tend to swap to a Pogo. 

Though if I read your post again and your reservations about the relatively low cost of the Bagjack sleeves, are we just talking about all Chinese knockoffs? Those I'd have no experience with. 

Edited by supersquirrel

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, @gnrsn said:

So I've been daily driving a 3a-1 for the last couple of years with 13" to 15" laptops, need to use a mac at work though and got a new 16" macbook pro this week that I can barely fit into the 3a-1. While its still possible, I get really uncomfortable with how the teeth of the zipper scratch against the device. Would preferably add some kind of sleeve as well and I have a hard time believing I could make that fit into the 3a-1.

At the moment I'm leaning towards purchasing a backjag laptop insert for my 3a-5ts and start using that as my daily instead, it's a far bulkier bag though and I'd miss the mezanine pockets on the 3a-1 which are so extremely useful. The insert alone is €150 if I'd want to add a pair of MK1s that another 2x €250 at which is feels I could just as well comission a bigger 3a-1 for a similar price. 

Anyone with similar experiences of the 3a-1 and bigger laptops or with some input/advice? :D

the 3A-5TS already comes with an insert..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

...and the 3A-1 wasn't designed to hold a laptop in the first place.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, moneytalks said:

the 3A-5TS already comes with an insert..

17 hours ago, Appleseed said:

...and the 3A-1 wasn't designed to hold a laptop in the first place.

- This is a early gen limonta (non-laminate) 5ts, about a decade old, it did not come with a laptop insert.

- I am aware the 3a-1 isn't designed to be a laptop bag, hence my issues with fitting a laptop in it. It not being designed for it hasn't stopped me from daily driving it as one with mid-sized laptops for the last couple of years though. If anyone has atempted to mod one to better accomodate laptops though I'd be very interested in the outcome.

20 hours ago, supersquirrel said:

The 3A-5 is my goto for that reason, it can accommodate pretty much everything. The problem though is all-up weight. The Bagjack insert is a tad lighter than the original Acronym inserts but they're not as good. If  I need a more 'pack stuff in' aspect than the 3A-1 while keeping the compact dimensions I tend to swap to a Pogo. 

Though if I read your post again and your reservations about the relatively low cost of the Bagjack sleeves, are we just talking about all Chinese knockoffs? Those I'd have no experience with. 

I had assumed the Acronym sleeve was just a rebranded bagjack one with some aestethic differences in material choice, etc, so im really curious/interested in what other differences there are. What would you say makes the Bagjack one worse? ^_^

Regarding my remark about prices, I have been getting recomendations from others to just purchase a used 3a-13ts instead of spending €650+ on mods for my 5ts.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
On 7/10/2021 at 7:25 AM, @gnrsn said:

So I've been daily driving a 3a-1 for the last couple of years with 13" to 15" laptops, need to use a mac at work though and got a new 16" macbook pro this week that I can barely fit into the 3a-1. While its still possible, I get really uncomfortable with how the teeth of the zipper scratch against the device. Would preferably add some kind of sleeve as well and I have a hard time believing I could make that fit into the 3a-1.

At the moment I'm leaning towards purchasing a backjag laptop insert for my 3a-5ts and start using that as my daily instead, it's a far bulkier bag though and I'd miss the mezanine pockets on the 3a-1 which are so extremely useful. The insert alone is €150 if I'd want to add a pair of MK1s that another 2x €250 at which is feels I could just as well comission a bigger 3a-1 for a similar price. 

Anyone with similar experiences of the 3a-1 and bigger laptops or with some input/advice? :D

Similar-ish situation. When I bought my 3A-1 in March I didn't quite yet understand the way the bag wraps around the body, and after having judged the bag measurements online I thought that it would be an appropriate tool to carry my late 2018 13" MacBook Pro around. It's a pretty slim laptop that fits into the bag just fine if I have to make it work, but this obviously ruins the shape of the bag. In a pinch, this would be acceptable except for the fact the bag isn't padded. Around the time I ordered the bag I bought the BagJack 13" laptop sleeve...which I think is made from Cordura. While I do like the sleeve even if it is a bit expensive, it's kinda bulky and really prevents me from wearing the 3A-1 in the way it was designed to be worn. Maybe I should have looked into the 3A-5 but my initial impressions of it led me to thinking it was too big for an every day bag.

I too would miss the mezzanine pockets on a TS bag, but if you really need to carry a laptop with you, I think a 3A-5 would be best. I also don't really see the point of commissioning a custom 3A-1 that's larger because wouldn't it still have the same issues but just be bigger? In addition, the BagJack inserts are pricey but would be at least cheaper than a custom bag, and also I can vouch for the quality - they're really well made. Kind of a newb to Acronym, but hope this helps ✌️

Edited by hanzen1138

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/10/2021 at 3:58 AM, jeddyhsu said:

Wtf?

A little pampering for new product shots?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey guys, I'm not sure if Highsnobiety will have bag&sheet with the item.  Anyone purchased from them before? Appreciate! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
13 minutes ago, kkuer99 said:

Hey guys, I'm not sure if Highsnobiety will have bag&sheet with the item.  Anyone purchased from them before? Appreciate! 

Bag and spec are highly overrated, but I get that you’d want that for the full package. You can resell if you’re not happy with purchase without the spec and sheet easily nowadays imo. Best bet is to email them and see what the deal is

Edited by brainerd666

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, kkuer99 said:

Hey guys, I'm not sure if Highsnobiety will have bag&sheet with the item.  Anyone purchased from them before? Appreciate! 

Yes, I have, and it did.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now