Westbrook

Acronym.

Received the J1A-GTPL and P30A-DS and my 2cents:

J1A-GTPL

- The Paclite fabric is pretty noisy and quality doesn't feel great, I would prefer 3L Pro or 2.5L over it;

- This is my first piece with the new fold down collar and personally I don't like it. The old structured collar is one of my favorite Acronym looks, cool, protective, very techwear. The new design may try to blend more possibilities, but imo Acronym is not Veilance, and it should not compromise functionality to styling;

- Tension zip is an improvement, originally I thought water would leak in which defuncts the use of WR zip, but seems when fully zipped it covers the pocket pretty well. At the same time it does give better space to the pocket and opens up naturally when you unzip, which is a pretty coherent functional feature;

- New gravity pocket is a plus, no more flipping/stucking zips in movements :)

P30A-DS

- Hands down best Acronym pants imo, new BDU pockets are nice add-on, but not sure if it's superior than old version which is cleaner and purer. Acronym was striking the perfect balance in techwear, but to me it's seemingly shifting. E.g. from pictures of the P38, the design language is loud, almost looks like a Guerrilla Group pants.

This is extremely an old season question but can anyone attest to the material difference between P25H-DS and P25-DS? If I'm recalling correctly, P25H-DS is actual dry schoeller the P25-DS is 'high-density jersey'?

18 minutes ago, aosd said:

This is extremely an old season question but can anyone attest to the material difference between P25H-DS and P25-DS? If I'm recalling correctly, P25H-DS is actual dry schoeller the P25-DS is 'high-density jersey'?

via @denimjeans:

for anyone that asks in the future regarding difference between H-DS and regular DS: h-ds is heavier by 3 oz (P27H AT 16.4 OZ vs. P27 AT 13.1 OZ, both from same season) due to 3% difference in EL (elastane) material (with P27 +3% more elastane), polyamideMicro being present in regular P27 probably leads to lighter weight and slightly more stretch in regular DS. basically drape/weight will be key difference, albeit 3 oz may not matter to you :p 

Just got my J90 in. Large was definitely the right pick, in all honesty. IT's a little snug in the torso area, but I'm in the process of losing some weight anyway, so I'm pretty happy with it! 

How many ya’ll convinced yet that DS makes for bad tee material lol;)

I wouldn't mind trying it if I could get my hands on one. But the P30 was my main focus, haha. 

1 hour ago, brainerd666 said:

How many ya’ll convinced yet that DS makes for bad tee material lol;)

who says it's a bad tee material? Read what you see, not what you want to see

I'm sure it's very comfortable and spacious. Is it the best-performing tee on the market? No, not even close lol

The lil debate on here got me interested in DS shirts and I wanted to find out for myself. 
I do like the material for a t shirt and I’ve only tried on but I don’t think it would cause you to over heat. Very comfy.

That being said I’m totally unsure on the cut of the S24-DS and think I’m returning. Gonna have another play around with it today.

@Orientalq literally fuck off and stop @ me

I don’t give any fucks about your shitty takes

For anyone interested, I sized down fine (I'm TTS large and bought a medium) on the S24, no issues with the shoulders. For reference, I can't size down on jackets at all as I have pretty big shoulders. 

Sized down to a Small and it was perfect 

10 hours ago, brainerd666 said:

@Orientalq literally fuck off and stop @ me

I don’t give any fucks about your shitty takes

You literally asked a question and I answered it. You are freaking out over a quote reply lmao get a grip

I ended up ordering a medium s24 in an alpha green. Don’t know why, feels like a dress but wifey said it looks coZy so..

I sized down as well on the S24.. I returned my sz M in alpha at darkside today.  It’ll prolle hit their webstore soon. 

8 hours ago, Orientalq said:

You literally asked a question and I answered it. You are freaking out over a quote reply lmao get a grip

I’m never asking you shit when I post anything in here. I might as well ask a dog how not to hump a leg ffs

You didn’t answer shit btw. You made yet another uninformed, presumptive, attention seeking REEEEE in the dark. 

It’s painfully obvious you don’t own any of this shit, and still persist in chiming in, basing your ‘understanding of the pieces’ on a mixture of heresay and ad copy. Wipe the chud slime off your chin and go outside ffs. 

Posted (edited)
26 minutes ago, brainerd666 said:

I’m never asking you shit when I post anything in here. I might as well ask a dog how not to hump a leg ffs

You didn’t answer shit btw. You made yet another uninformed, presumptive, attention seeking REEEEE in the dark. 

It’s painfully obvious you don’t own any of this shit, and still persist in chiming in, basing your ‘understanding of the pieces’ on a mixture of heresay and ad copy. Wipe the chud slime off your chin and go outside ffs. 

Because it takes a lamborghini owner to say whether an engine goes fast... you don't have to antagonize me for me to stop replying to you -- there is a block function. Yet you continue leaving half assumptive insults hoping one of them will stick. Yes DS is not better than an airism shirt. I don't care that you don't care. You asked the question. I'll go outside and wick my sweat for 20$ while you can wipe the grease off of your (four-hundred-dollar) DS shirt in the kitchen restroom.

Edited by Orientalq

Posted (edited)

@Orientalq  Lol I never asked for a comparison between tees. Follow your own advice ffs. 

Thanks for talking shit about the service industry btw. Really adds weight to your argument. 

Are you a shill for Airism or something btw? If so grats. Hey get that money. But do it fucking somewhere else besides a high end fashion server, in a channel devoted to one singular designer. 

Edited by brainerd666

Posted (edited)
17 minutes ago, brainerd666 said:

@Orientalq  Lol I never asked for a comparison between tees. Follow your own advice ffs. 

"How many ya’ll convinced yet that DS makes for bad tee material" 
I replied with: no it's not a bad material but it's also not the best. I was addressing your assumption that people think it's a bad tee material.

Thanks for talking shit about the service industry btw. Really adds weight to your argument. 

You can take it personally on this one. I really meant it for you and you only. Kind of balances the innumerate amount of insults, assumptions, and shit you've thrown at me, thinking they'll add weight to your argument. I try to refrain from ad hominem but when you replied with such a masterpiece I couldn't help myself.

Are you a shill for Airism or something btw? If so grats. Hey get that money. But do it fucking somewhere else besides a high end fashion server, in a channel devoted to one singular designer. 

>believes in uniqlo shills 

Edited by Orientalq

1 minute ago, Orientalq said:

"How many ya’ll convinced yet that DS makes for bad tee material" 
I replied with: no it's not a bad material but it's also not the best. I was addressing your assumption that people think it's a bad tee material.

You can take it personally on this one. I really meant it for you and you only. Kind of balances the innumerate amount of insults, assumptions, and shit you've thrown at me, thinking they'll add weight to your argument. I try to refrain from ad hominem but when you replied with such a masterpiece I couldn't help myself.

Lol you dropped the ad hominems first jackass. You made ‘chef’comments weeks back. My insults aren’t intended to add weight. They’re just a little seasoning;)

(please waste your obvious dearth of free time and go back and search through all of my comments. I’m gonna drink another beer lol)

1 minute ago, brainerd666 said:

please waste your obvious dearth of free time and go back and search through all of my comments

so are you being disingenuous in saying that I started throwing shit first or what? We both know that is not the case, and I certainly don't have to go back to find anything to prove that. 

8901AF79-5C2E-40B3-A43F-FF2DD238E553.thumb.jpeg.018d43afac5e95e13fb27df690dfc33f.jpeg

You should really start an airism thread and shit on ACR there instead

Is Airism even water repellent? The point of the S24 is that even if you layer it under your shell, it won't get wet at the bottom if it rains.

I have a few airism tees from the latest U Collection. They’re not bad but I can tell you they are quite thicker than the current DS tees.

Wear S24 in the Spring (and Autumn).
Wear airism (or dreamweight merino or ramie or injected linen) in the Summer

the uniqlo u airism cotton tee is the best tee i've ever owned both in fit and in fabric. i bought like.. 12 of them in case they get discontinued.

9 hours ago, moneytalks said:

You should really start an airism thread and shit on ACR there instead

100% this.  This thread should be for fans of the brand.  I understand that some constructive criticism or discussion about QC issues will be inevitable, but if someone literally hates everything about the brand and knows they could do everything better, I agree that they should go start their own thread and/or clothing brand.  

Posted (edited)

This is funny because everyone here would take an internship at ACR in a heartbeat lol

(including me)

Edited by Orientalq