Westbrook

Acronym.

18 hours ago, BruceLeroy said:

Yeah, no. Fuck that. Color accuracy is KEY for product photography. 

“14% Grey color pallet reference shot? Nah bro we don’t need that, I fuck with the vibes.”

Imho a super weak excuse and not appropriate to the product he's selling. But i mean, they got the RAF stotz wrong for years so nothing new really.

I would have loved more 3A accessories in the new FOIL fabric, especially the MK2, but maybe we'll see this in the near future. My 3TS needs something new :ph34r:

late to the party but hadn't seen a 3a-5 foil up yet. for posterity, can confirm that the straps and the base reinforcements are the same colour. not sure if it was just me, but in some shots i thought the strap looked a tad lighter than the rest. also, comparison shot of the foil vs 3a-5 FW20 black xpac (interior), you can see a texture difference

IMG_8083.jpg

IMG_8086.jpg

Glad to see this. My black foil is delayed in customs so I should have it tomorrow or Wednesday. 

what do the interiors of the "reversed xpac" foil look like?

32 minutes ago, moneytalks said:

what do the interiors of the "reversed xpac" foil look like?

I think you answered your own question. It’s the reverse lol. 

9 minutes ago, thatslapz said:

I think you answered your own question. It’s the reverse lol. 

i know i know, ask a dumb question...
so it's literally the smooth matte face?

1 minute ago, moneytalks said:

i know i know, ask a dumb question...
so it's literally the smooth matte face?

Believe so yes, from the site photos and some of the first hand accounts trickling in it is just that.

Posted (edited)

i think it looks good, i just know i'll be fucking annoyed when it rubs and sticks to my jackets or tees when i walk

lol ok just rubbed my shirt on the inside of my 3A-5 and i was wrong, it's super smooth

Edited by moneytalks

Looks like a new way to load the gravity pocket with the powermesh on the fore arm for the j1a? Also, umit’s j1a fit is really weird lol.

fuck me that MA1 looks good. Serious pre-2012 acr vibes.

Hope someone here got that kit1 jacket off grailed just now!

5 hours ago, BRICK DOM said:

Looks like a new way to load the gravity pocket with the powermesh on the fore arm for the j1a? Also, umit’s j1a fit is really weird lol.

Huge if true. Catch me dropping stuff in then reloading like
giphy.gif

Posted (edited)

Looks like most if not all of the features from the J1E finally made it over to the J1A, as the Gen 2.4 iteration. Coevo carrying these pieces (and maybe more to be revealed) indicates they will be making it to other stockists as well, i.e. wider release beyond mothersite drop.

Edited by itHZwhatitHZ

Been waiting for the next J1 iteration to cop, but looks like no hood this time around (no attach points on the collar that I can see), and not a fan of the boonie hat. Guess I’ll be waiting a bit longer. 

7 hours ago, BRICK DOM said:

looks to be same gtx stretch material (left: 69-hy)

1FBF5A27-3C8C-4F1B-87DE-14548D5172AB.JPG

5 hours ago, Inkinsurgent said:

fuck me that MA1 looks good. Serious pre-2012 acr vibes.

As much as I love an MA-1 making a reappearance, I'm not really digging the profile fit of this current one. I much prefer the oversized/bulky fit of the J59TS - but to each their own. Wish I hadn't slept on that drop, so if anyone has one for sale, my DMs are open. :rolleyes:

36 minutes ago, denimjeans said:

looks to be same gtx stretch material (left: 69-hy)

1FBF5A27-3C8C-4F1B-87DE-14548D5172AB.JPG

Compared to the J1B and any others with the zipper, I much prefer this. The zippers tend snag onto things. 

It appears to be another feature brought over from the J1E that I’m a huge fan of. 

A9075223-C5B6-4604-855F-97A94A9A23EC.jpeg

Not sure how I feel about not having a hood but initial reaction is not good. Glad to see the new gravity pockets made it. 

Black Foil 3A-1 came today. Happy that the “non-foil” portions are darker than the product page. 

B3FAC12E-F744-4936-BD18-DA831617080F.jpeg

36 minutes ago, Cornuto said:

Didn’t E drop hints of hot weather gear?

This isn't everything :)

I really don't dig the off-center zipper and the collar on the new J1, miss my 2.0 :'( all the other updates are cool though

Thoughts on the P38-E vs GT?

I’m partial towards the P38-E because I can’t imagine a GT pant being comfortable in anything other than cold weather, but the contrast zipper on the E version doesn’t really appeal to me.

Also, my assumption is the team found a way to stave off GT de-lamination, but that’s just a guess. 

1 hour ago, BruceLeroy said:

I’m partial towards the P38-E because I can’t imagine a GT pant being comfortable in anything other than cold weather, but the contrast zipper on the E version doesn’t really appeal to me.

Also, my assumption is the team found a way to stave off GT de-lamination, but that’s just a guess. 

I highly doubt it’s GT 3L

Just now, brainerd666 said:

I highly doubt it’s GT 3L

What you mean? You’re not into slow steaming your lower body?

2 hours ago, BruceLeroy said:

Could be similar to Veilance's Indisce Pant, which is made using a 3L GORE-TEX INFINIUM fabric.

33 minutes ago, BruceLeroy said:

What you mean? You’re not into slow steaming your lower body?

can't the same be said for all of the hard shells too? If you're gonna be sweaty, might as well go 100%

Just now, Orientalq said:

can't the same be said for all of the hard shells too? If you're gonna be sweaty, might as well go 100%

Luckily winters in Chicago can be brutal so I normally don’t have to worry about sweat. You’re right though. Live every day like you’re trying to drop water weight before a fight. 

my 2c would be to buy the GT version and then try to get your hands on the E if you decide you don't like the GT when it's in hand. I figure this is quicker/easier/cheaper than buying the E and deciding you want to try the GT version instead. 

this season is shaping up to be really excellent! these new 3a foil bags are the best looking yet.