Westbrook

Acronym.

2 hours ago, msoldano said:

Looks to be the regular P26, just with the pocket kind of splayed open.

regular p26 doesn’t have a cargo pocket .  

12 hours ago, nodre said:

i think i'm seeing p26a-ds? 

IMG_3339.PNG

same, but different :p

Always found P26's bright fly zipper down the middle a little too much, almost exhibitionistic. Maybe if it was a colored zipper people would stop staring at your crotch. 

Should i be worried about GT seams coming off like this? Any way to easily re-glue this?

goretex-seam.jpg

On 1/14/2021 at 5:55 AM, dixonschneider said:

Should i be worried about GT seams coming off like this? Any way to easily re-glue this?

You can use Tenacious Tape to patch the tape or try to re-glue it. If you're properly caring for the jacket and the delamination is localized to that spot, there's no need to worry really. 

Edited by kobebean

That's not delam., just failing seam adhesive. Use a Gore-Tex specific product (McNett makes many), tho I'd try to actually get the seam tape re-adhered instead of 'patching' over.

If that's an older jacket, then I'd say there's not much cause for concern. Doesn't appear to be any soiling, etc.

C'mon, just iron it carefully or use a hairdryer to heat the glue on the tape (there is no need to add an additional glue) and push it back.

i've done this many times

Edited by Yan90

1 hour ago, Yan90 said:

i've done this many times

Do it right, do it once.

1 hour ago, Appleseed said:

Do it right, do it once.

Many times for different  jackets, flaws ofc. 

If heat-activated seam tape has failed once, it's going to fail again (eventually). Sooner, by your method, than if repaired properly w/ (N) adhesive.

16 hours ago, Appleseed said:

If heat-activated seam tape has failed once, it's going to fail again (eventually). Sooner, by your method, than if repaired properly w/ (N) adhesive.

idk. but my seam tape is still ok. it was repaired about 2 years ago

The new J28-GT looks a lot like Windstopper.

Any speculations about what the internal dropout panels are for? Keeping your thighs dry lmao?

E's really in love with that fisherman bucket hat design!

I miss the OG high collar.

Edited by jeddyhsu

11 minutes ago, jeddyhsu said:

Any speculations about what the internal dropout panels are for? Keeping your thighs dry lmao?

So hair won't go on your clothes when you giving someone a cut at the barbershop 

Edited by JoseRizal

Just now, AvantSol said:

Man I'm loving the new p26

I’ve always been on the fence because of the high contrast center zipper, but these seems a tad bit more muted 

I would highly appreciate the FFWT concept to return any season in the future to go along with the latest J28 iteration as seen @_vimeo :

xx.jpg

I have an irrational fear of wearing anything windstopper, as the fabric is literally as thin as paper. I've seen thicker DHL packing material than WS, even though it's obviously more durable. Maybe it's instinct...

Where can we see the new j28?

Damn, I missed the video.  Was it on the acrnm site? anything else besides J28-WS? 

25 minutes ago, Sureal said:

Damn, I missed the video.  Was it on the acrnm site? anything else besides J28-WS? 

Was on acronym vimeo. I only saw J28-WS, nothing else. 

2 hours ago, Orientalq said:

I have an irrational fear of wearing anything windstopper, as the fabric is literally as thin as paper. I've seen thicker DHL packing material than WS, even though it's obviously more durable. Maybe it's instinct...

Strange, but that shit is unbeatable and durable af. My 61ws is still  in like new cond after 3 years of daily use. Also it has pretty good breathability, so it can be worn even during summer time. 

-WS fabric: active shell ripstop windstopper ZAO or VEGA (don't remember the exact name) like on the J47A-WS, 61-WS, 25-WS etc.  (not like WS on J50, 58, 68, 46)  is the best fabric imo

Edited by Yan90

50 minutes ago, mike.kanashi said:

Was on acronym vimeo. I only saw J28-WS, nothing else. 

new 26 was in it too but wasn't focused on

4 hours ago, NinjaGuyInToronto said:

To be honest, I much prefer it to GT in almost every way, and even though it's only water resistant, I still wear it as a rain coat a lot of the time.  

This! I know hard shells are sexy, but they are the least useful bit of kit in your pack. Unless you really spend time in the outdoors, soft shells and water resistant jackets > GT. 

Edited by Cornuto
Moar words